The Phoenix Blade was a craftable Hardmode broadsword that autoswung. Like the Breaker Blade, it had a very large range, but it also caused explosions and spawned healing orbs when killing enemies. The healing orbs restored 10 health when touched, and disappeared after about 3 seconds or if the orb hit a solid tile. The sword itself was extremely large, larger than the Breaker Blade and many other swords in the game.
Its best modifier was Legendary.
- The Phoenix Blade's name was a reference to the former owner of the Spirit Mod, Yuyutsu, also known as "PhoenixBlade" at the time of the weapon's implementation.
These history sections are still a work-in-progress, and may not yet contain changes relevant to the current version of the Calamity Mod.
- Decreased On Fire! duration from explosions from 5 seconds to 3.
- No longer considered a fire weapon.
- 1.5.0.003: Explosions no longer deal 30% base damage, but now grant 600 local immunity frames instead of 10.
- Buffed damage from 120 to 160.
- Explosions now deal 50% less damage if they critically hit.
- 1.4.4.002: Buffed damage from 95 to 120, and use time from 28 to 26.
- Fixed explosion not benefitting from increased all-class damage.
- Swing now functions in PvP.
- 22.214.171.124: Explosions now use a custom projectile instead of the vanilla solar explosion projectile.
- Buffed damage from 35 to 95, use time from 29 to 28, and knockback from 7 to 8.
- On hit effects now only activate when killing an enemy instead of at a 25% chance.
- Now has a tooltip explaining its function.
- Now uses 1 Essence of Sunlight, 3 Souls of Fright, 3 Souls of Might, and 3 Souls of Sight in its recipe instead of 2 Essences of Sunlight, and now requires a Hardmode Anvil to craft instead of an Anvil.
- Now uses the rarity instead of .
- 1.2.0.001: Nerfed damage from 40 to 35, use time from 29 to 30, and knockback from 7.75 to 7.
- 126.96.36.1991: Removed tooltip "Striking enemies causes explosions and has a chance to spawn healing orbs".
- 188.8.131.521: Nerfed damage from 43 to 30, and use time from 26 to 28.
| Historical Content |