|Aquatic Scourge||1||25% / 33.33%|
The Deepsea Staff is a Hardmode summon weapon dropped by the Aquatic Scourge; it is an indirect upgrade to the Seabound Staff. It summons an aquatic starfish that protects the player by performing dashes into enemies, dealing damage on contact.
Its best modifier is Ruthless. The Mythical modifier provides the widest array of stat bonuses, but these primarily affect the initial summon rather than the resulting minion. Additionally, minions cannot deal critical hits. The only lasting advantage a Mythical Deepsea Staff has over a Ruthless one is knockback.
- Nerfed damage from 42 to 40.
- Minions now charge back and forth much faster.
- Now grants 35 local immunity frames instead of setting global immunity frames to 5.
- Decreased sell price from 7 20 to 4 80 .
- 1.5.1.001: No longer considered a nature weapon.
- 1.5.0.001: Resprited it, minion, and buff.
- 1.4.5.001: Nerfed damage from 48 to 42. Adjusted charging speed.
- Minion can now pass through tiles.
- Fixed minion not benefitting from increased all-class damage.