"A titanic slime infected by a star-borne disease..."
The Astrageldon Slime was a Hardmode boss that has been replaced by Astrum Aureus. Defeating it caused an Astral Meteor to fall somewhere in the world.
After defeating the Moon Lord, the Astrageldon Slime began to drop Lunar Fragments. Additionally in Revengeance Mode or Death Mode, the Astrageldon Slime increased substantially in difficulty, increasing health and damage, and began to drop the Suspicious Looking Jelly Bean.
The Astrageldon Slime could be summoned at Night using the Astral Chunk. Despite being connected to the Astral Meteor biome, it could be summoned anywhere.
Astrageldon Slime behaved similarly to most Slimes and attempted to leap towards the player. Its damage, defense, movement speed and firing speed increased significantly as its health lowered. The Astrageldon Slime itself was massive, roughly twice as big as King Slime. Like King Slime, it'd teleport near the player if the player got too far away.
- Periodically teleported into the air above the player in an attempt to crush them.
- Fired eight fireballs of varying speeds in a symmetrical, star-like shape.
- Attempted to shoot fireballs directly at the player, and it fired faster as its health decreases.
- Spawned Astral Slimes as it took damage.
- Once the Moon Lord was defeated, the Astrageldon Slime became significantly more difficult.
- Straying too far from it (such as flying to high altitudes) would cause it to despawn, as it couldn't properly teleport to the player.
- The Astrageldon Slime's projectiles post-Moon Lord in Revengeance Mode were able to kill the player instantly as soon as they were touched, so it was advised to be very cautious and wary of them.
- It was recommended to use Angel Treads to avoid the bosses' quick attacks, and to have some sort of triple or quadruple-jump accessory to dodge the boss itself.
- The Adrenaline Meter was easier to build up while fighting Astrageldon Slime, as its attacks were very predictable.
These history sections are still a work-in-progress, and may not yet contain changes relevant to the current version of the Calamity Mod.
- 220.127.116.11: Now gains its modified laser pattern in Revengeance Mode.
- Buffed base health from 61,000 / 97,600 / 112,800 / 164,000 to 61,000 / 97,600 / 129,720 / 188,600 .
- No longer has 15% damage reduction.
- Nerfed base health from 83,000 / 132,800 / 150,400 / 240,000 to 61,000 / 97,600 / 112,800 / 164,000 .
- Can now drop an Astrageldon Trophy and its own lore item.
- Now takes 50% damage from Crystal Bullet crystal shards, Holy Arrow stars, split Terra Arrows, and split Terra Bullets.
- 1.3.3.001: Now removes the early-Hardmode nerf to enemy health and damage when defeated.
- Stat changes:
- Buffed base contact damage from 0-200 / 0-320 to 10-200 / 16-216 / 16-226 / 24-324 .
- Health now scales across difficulties, with health buffed from 65,000 to 83,000 / 132,800 / 150,400 / 240,000 .
- AI changes:
- Changed lasers into fireballs.
- Fireballs now travel slower, but last longer.
- Fireballs and contact with the boss now instantly kill the player after defeating Moon Lord.
- No longer shoots a constant barrage of lasers with an occasional burst, and now cycles between a concentrated blast of several projectiles and a burst.
- Jump height and speed increased.
- Can now teleport regularly.
- No longer fires a storm of lasers if there are tiles between it and the player.
- Drop changes:
- Now drops 3 instead of 10 post-Moon Lord.
- Now drops 12-16 Astral Jelly.
- Now drops 20-40 Fallen Stars.
- Now drops a Treasure Bag in Expert Mode.
- Suspicious Looking Jelly Bean now only drops from its Treasure Bag.
- Other changes:
- Now uses Cosmic Disgust as its theme.
- Now has a boss icon.
- Added to Boss Checklist.
- Fixed multiplayer Expert Mode health scaling.
- 18.104.22.168: Now drops 12-20 / 18-30 Nebula, Solar, Stardust, and Vortex Fragments after defeating Moon Lord.
- Nerfed post-Moon Lord Revengeance Mode health from 1,800,000 to 800,000 .
- Buffed post-Moon Lord Revengeance Mode laser damage from 630 to 6300 .
- Now gains a large buff after defeating Moon Lord in Revengeance Mode:
- Buffs health to 1,800,000 .
- Laser damage multiplied by 5.
- Fires lasers more often.
- Has a higher chance of spawning an Astral Slime when hit.
- Increases coin drop from 20 to 10 .
- Drops Suspicious Looking Jelly Bean.
- Buffed laser damage in Normal Mode from 62 to 72.
- Lasers now inflict God Slayer Inferno for 1.3 seconds instead of 2.5.
- Now rapidly fires lasers at the player if a tile is between it and the player.
- Now gets 104,000 health in Revengeance Mode.
- Nerfed health from 150,000 / 240,000 to 60,000 / 96,000 .
- Now has 15% damage reduction.
- Increased its lasers' shot speeds.
- No longer immune to Ichor.
- Now has a 2% chance to drop Laudanum or Stress Pills in Revengeance Mode.
| Historical Content |