|Type||Weapon – Crafting material|
|Use time||22 Average|
|Tooltip||Right Click to extend the Ark out in front of you|
Hitting an enemy with it will parry them, granting you a small window of invulnerability
You can also parry projectiles and temporarily make them deal 50 less damage
Parrying empowers the next 10 swings of the sword, boosting damage and letting them throw projectiles
A worn down and rusty blade once wielded against the evil of this world, ready to be of use once more
Right-clicking with the weapon performs a parry attack that grants the player brief invincibility frames on direct hits and reduce the damage of projectiles. Successful parries will also fill up the weapon's charge.
Its best modifier is Godly. It cannot get modifiers that affect size.
Parry and Charge System
Right-clicking performs a parry, where the Ark will get rapidly extended in front of the player. If an enemy is hit by the sword during the parry, the owner will gain a little more than half a second worth of invincibility. If a projectile is hit by the sword, the projectile's damage will be lowered by a maximum of 50 damage for one second. In both cases a sound effect will play and a line of text will pop up above the player to indicate the parry was successful. After the parry finishes, successful or not, it will go on a cooldown, indicated by a rainbow bar above the player's head.
The Fractured Ark possesses a unique charge system, being able to hold up to 10 charges indicated by a small rainbow bar over the sword's inventory sprite. Swinging the sword will consume one charge per swing, and landing a parry, be it on an enemy or a projectile will entirely refill the Ark's charges. When the ark holds any amount of charges, its damage will be multiplied by 1.5, the sword will get bigger, and each swing will fire a medium-ranged Ancient Beam projectile which deals 80% of the weapon's damage (Functionally 120% of the weapon's base damage, if accounting for the 1.5 damage multiplier from the Ark being charged up).
|Any Copper Bar||10|
- Due to the Ark's unique swing animation, it is entirely unaffected by the player's attack speed.
- The parry doesn't work on harmless or static projectiles, or if the projectile is too large.
- The parry lasts for 5.66 seconds, with the actual parry lasting a quarter of a second, and the remaining time being taken up by the cooldown.
- The parry cooldown applies to all of the Fractured Ark's upgrades.
- Parrying a projectile that deals less than 50 damage will make it completely harmless for one second, but it can still work on projectiles that deal more than 50 damage, although the player will still be hit by the projectile for the remaining amount of damage.
- This can make it dangerous to parry strong projectiles that inflict debuffs, since the player will be inflicted by them even when successfuly parrying.
- The paragraph describing the parry function is colored in a cornflower blue color (#6495ED ●)
- While parrying a projectile makes it harmless for a second, it may at times be preferable to directly hit an enemy with the parry to recieve the 0.58 seconds of invincibility, due to the latter providing immunity to every source of damage, while the former only reduces the damage of a single projectile.
- The Fractured Ark was formerly known as the Ark of the Ancients. This name has since been taken by its successor, the Ark of the Ancients, which was itself previously named the True Ark of the Ancients.
- 2.0.3.007: Nerfed damage from 60 to 35.
- 2.0.3.006: Fixed parry bar being offset.
- 2.0.3.003: Fixed parry meter being offset.
- 2.0.3.002: Nerfed damage from 70 to 60.
- 2.0.2.001: No longer uses Starfury in its recipe.
- 2.0.1.002: Nerfed damage from 80 to 70 and parry damage multiplier from 1.75x to 1.5x.
- 2.0.0.001: Now uses Enchanted Sword or Terragrim in its recipe instead of Enchanted Sword or Arkhalis.
- 1.5.1.005: Fixed a tooltip error that caused the game to crash when using a translation mod.
- 1.5.1.003: Fixed an issue that could lead to corrupted data.
- Renamed from "Ark of the Ancients" to "Fractured Ark".
- Now uses 5 Purified Gel and 10 Any Copper Bars in its recipe instead of an Excalibur, 3 Essences of Eleum, and 3 Essences of Sunlight.
- Now requires an Anvil to craft instead of a Hardmode Anvil.
- Nerfed damage from 92 to 80, buffed velocity from 12 to 15.
- Now has a custom swing animation and no longer summons projectiles on each swing.
- The player can right click to parry an enemy or projectile, granting the player immunity frames, reducing damage taken from said attack, and causing the sword to be temporarily empowered and fire beams.
- Projectiles no longer inflict debuffs.
- Now uses the rarity instead of .
- Sword beam projectiles now grant enemies 10 local immunity frames instead of 6-3.
- Main beam projectile no longer inflicts Glacial State and now inflicts Frostburn for 2 seconds.
- Fixed an oversight that allowed Eon Beam projectiles to pierce infinitely.
- Beam projectiles no longer have a random spread of damage.
- All beam projectiles now deal 33.33% base damage.
- Beams now pierce once instead of twice.
- True melee hits and beams no longer inflict Brimstone Flames, Glacial State, Holy Flames, and Plague.
- 1.4.3.001: Swing now functions in PvP.
- 188.8.131.52: Projectiles are now briefly invisible upon spawning.
- Buffed damage from 58 to 92.
- Stars now deal 50% base damage instead of 100%.
- 184.108.40.206: Buffed damage from 55 to 58.
- 220.127.116.11: Decreased Holy Flames duration on true melee hits from 8.33 seconds to 5, and beams now inflict Brimstone Flames, Glacial State, Holy Flames, and Plague instead of just Holy Flames.
- 1.4.1.001: Stars now have knockback.
- 18.104.22.168: Stars now deal melee damage instead of ranged damage.
- 1.3.3.001: Buffed damage from 52 to 55.
- 1.3.1.001: Now uses the rarity instead of .
- Adjusted Eon Beam dusts.
- 1.2.0.001: Nerfed damage from 65 to 52, but buffed use time from 25 to 22.
- 22.214.171.1245: Beams now hit every 6 frames.
- 126.96.36.199: Resprited.
- 188.8.131.52: Now has use turn.
- 1.1.5.06: Nerfed damage.
- 1.1.5: Resprited.
- 184.108.40.206: Introduced.