This item is dedicated to: Spoopyro
|Use time||29 Slow|
|Tooltip||Drops a barrage of solar flares from the sky|
|Inflicts Debuff||Holy Flames|
|Debuff duration||5 seconds (Contact)|
4 seconds (Flare)
2 seconds (Fragment)
|Debuff tooltip||Dissolving from holy light|
The Red Sun is a craftable post-Moon Lord developer broadsword. When it is swung, a large number of solar flares fall from the sky at varying speeds and angles. The flares explode after some time or upon hitting an enemy, releasing multiple homing fragments when they do. Both the flares and the fragments ignore tiles. The blade, the flares, and the fragments all inflict Holy Flames. This can be considered the upgrade of the Celestial Claymore.
Its best modifier is Legendary.
|Core of Sunlight||5|
- The weapon's name and tooltip are references to the character Sundowner from the game Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, with Sundowner's boss song being named 'Red Sun' and the lyrics containing the line 'Red Sun over Paradise'.
- This weapon actually has a unique rarity, but is referred to here as Hot Pink for consistency between weapons.
- This unique rarity alternates between rarity colors of crimson (#CC5650 ●) and magenta (#ED458D ●).
- Decreased Holy Flames durations from flares and direct hits from 10 seconds to 4 and 5 respectively.
- No longer considered a fire weapon.
- 1.5.0.001: Nerfed damage from 2500 to 500.
- 1.4.5.006: Now transitions between rarity colors of (#CC5650 ●) and (#ED458D ●).
- Buffed damage from 2000 to 2500.
- 1.4.3.001: Swing now functions in PvP.
- Increased Holy Flames duration from true melee hits from 8.33 seconds to 10.
- Decreased Holy Flames duration from solar flares from 15 seconds to 10, and increased duration from smaller flares from 1.67 seconds to 2.
- Changed its tooltip.
- 1.4.1.001: Increased solar flare Holy Flames duration from 3.33 seconds to 15, and it no longer collides with tiles for most of its duration.
- 1.4.0.001: Buffed damage from 700 to 2000.
- 1.3.3.001: Buffed damage from 400 to 700.
- 1.2.1.005: Nerfed damage from 500 to 400.
- Nerfed damage from 750 to 500.
- 1.2.0.004: Resprited.
- 1.2.0.003: Resprited.
- 220.127.116.111: Now requires a Draedon's Forge to craft instead of an Ancient Manipulator.
- 18.104.22.1681: Buffed damage from 650 to 750.
- 22.214.171.1241: Now uses the rarity instead of .
- 126.96.36.199: Resprited.
- Buffed damage from 475 to 650.
- Can now be dropped by Supreme Calamitas in Expert Mode.
- Now requires an Ancient Manipulator to craft instead of a Hardmode Anvil.
- 1.1.7: Buffed damage from 375 to 475.
- 188.8.131.52: Buffed damage from 275 to 375.
- 184.108.40.206: Now has use turn.
- 1.1.5.095: Introduced.