|Knockback||1.5 (Extremely Weak)|
|Use time||13 Fast|
|Tooltip||Stealth strikes stick to enemies while releasing sulphuric bubbles|
|Debuff duration||3 seconds (Stinger)|
|Debuff tooltip||Slowly losing life|
|Debuff duration||2 seconds (Bubble)|
|Debuff tooltip||Your skin is burning off|
Urchin Stingers are Pre-Hardmode rogue weapons dropped by Sea Urchins and Aquatic Urchins. It fires an urchin spike which pierces once, and travels a short distance before being affected by gravity. On hit it inflicts the Poisoned debuff.
Performing a stealth strike with Urchin Stingers will cause the next stinger thrown to stick onto an enemy for 10 seconds. Whilst the stinger is stuck onto an enemy, it occasionally releases bubbles in random directions which float upwards.
The Urchin Stinger cannot be reforged, and therefore cannot have modifiers.
- Despite resembling a Dart, the stingers behave more like knives.
- 2.0.2.001: Can no longer be recovered after being thrown.
- Nerfed damage from 17 to 13.
- Fixed a typo in the tooltip.
- Stealth strikes now have a 200% damage modifier.
- Bubbles from the stealth strike now inflict Irradiated instead of Acid Venom.
- Stingers now inflict Poisoned instead of Acid Venom.
- 1.5.1.001: Now inflicts Venom for 3 seconds instead of 6.
- Now has a stealth strike effect.
- Projectile now functions in PvP.
- Buffed damage from 15 to 17.
- Now inflicts Venom for 6 seconds instead of 3.
- 188.8.131.52: Increased Venom duration from 2.5 seconds to 3.
- 1.3.0.001: Introduced.