|Ravager||1||25% / 33.33%|
The Spikecrag Staff is a Hardmode sentry that drops from the Ravager. When used, a spikecrag sentry is summoned. The spikecrag fires an intense upward spray of gravity-affected spikes when enemies are nearby; 2 to 3 spikes every 1/6th of a second.
Its best modifier is Ruthless. The Mythical modifier provides the widest array of stat bonuses, but these primarily affect the initial summon rather than the resulting minion. Additionally, minions cannot deal critical hits. The only lasting advantage a Mythical Spikecrag Staff has over a Ruthless one is knockback.
- In the get fixed boi seed, Spikecrag Staff gains a 3x base damage buff after defeating Providence, shoots 6 more spikes per shots, and its spikes inflict Holy Flames.
- This weapon can output extremely large amounts of damage if an enemy with a large enough hitbox (e.g. a boss) ends up just above it, as most of its rapidly fired spikes will hit. Combined with the right gear and increased sentry slots, it can easily output DPS in the order of tens of thousands.
- This weapon's name and the sprite of the minion it summons reference the Spikerock from the game Plants vs Zombies.
- 2.0.2.001: Decreased sell price from 16 to 12 .
- 2.0.1.002: Nerfed spikes per shot from 5-7 to 2-3.
- Now has a 2 second delay before the minion can fire projectiles when summoned.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the minion from attacking.
- 1.4.4.004: Nerfed damage from 70 to 56.
- 1.4.4.003: Nerfed damage from 120 to 70.
- Fixed sentries being unable to target the selected minions.
- Fixed sentry not benefitting from increased all-class damage.