|Type||Weapon – Crafting material|
|Knockback||0.5 (Extremely Weak)|
|Use time||15 Average|
|Tooltip||Striking an enemy with the whip causes glacial explosions and grants the player the cosmic freeze buff|
This buff gives the player increased life regen while standing still and freezes enemies near the player
|Grants Buff||Cosmic Freeze|
|Buff duration||5 seconds|
|Buff tooltip||You feel as cold as the empty expanse of outer space|
|Inflicts Debuff||Glacial State|
|Debuff duration||1 second (Flail)|
Infinite while near player and player has Cosmic Freeze buff
|Debuff tooltip||Cannot move|
|Debuff duration||7 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||Incinerated by lunar rays|
|Debuff duration||3 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||It's either really hot or really cold. Either way it REALLY hurts|
|The Devourer of Gods||1||10%|
It functions like the Solar Eruption, firing a long spear-like projection from the player's position that quickly retracts. It is capable of striking through walls and generates an explosion on enemy hits for additional damage, as well as granting the player the Cosmic Freeze buff. This buff increases life regeneration while standing still and freezes enemies in a small radius around the player.
Its best modifier is Godly. It cannot get modifiers that affect size. Ruthless might be preferred if the player already has 100% critical strike chance.
- The boosted life regeneration from the Cosmic Freeze buff is overridden by the effects of the Shiny Stone and the Demonshade Breastplate. However, it overrides the effects of Draedon's Heart and Photosynthesis.
- This weapon is highly effective for farming the Pumpkin Moon and Frost Moon events after the Devourer of Gods has been killed.
- The weapon is effective for crowd control in general due to the powerful explosions it creates on enemy hits, its ability to pierce many enemies, and its ability to grant the player Cosmic Freeze.
- 2.0.2.001: Increased Nightwither duration from explosions from 3 seconds to 7.
- Nerfed damage from 500 to 400.
- Decreased Nightwither and Frostburn durations from from flail and ice bursts from 5 seconds to 3, and Glacial State duration from flail from 2 seconds to 1.
- Now drops from The Devourer of Gods in all difficulties instead of Malice Mode. Decreased drop rate from 100% to 10%.
- No longer considered an ice weapon.
- Nerfed damage from 1000 to 500.
- The flail projectile now grants enemies 6 local immunity frames instead of 4.
- Decreased Glacial State duration from aura from 2 seconds to 1.
- Now drops from The Devourer of Gods in Malice Mode instead of Revengeance Mode. Increased drop rate from 1% to 100% .
- Now has a custom - Legendary Challenge Item - tag that alternates between #9600FF ● and #96FFFF ● instead of a custom rarity.
- 1.4.3.002: Fixed it not cutting grass.
- 1.4.3.001: Resprited it and its flail.
- Now inflicts Nightwither for 5 seconds.
- Resprited Cosmic Freeze.
- 1.4.2.001: Now drops from Treasure Bag instead of directly from Devourer of Gods.
- 1.4.1.001: Nerfed damage from 1050 to 1000.
- 1.3.4.001: Fixed some internal inconsistencies with its use time.
- 1.3.3.001: Buffed damage from 1000 to 1050.
- 1.2.4.001: Nerfed damage from 320 to 280.
- 1.2.1.004: Buffed damage from 150 to 320.
- 1.2.1.003: Now Revengeance Mode-exclusive, and drops at a 10% chance instead of a 2% / 2.5% chance.
- 1.2.1.002: Buffed damage from 110 to 150.
- Buffed damage from 4 to 110.
- Now only drops from The Devourer of Gods, but increased drop chance from 0.2% / 0.22% in Prehardmode, 0.33% / 0.4% in Hardmode, and 2% / 2.5% post-Moon Lord to 2% / 2.5% at all times.
- Damage and knockback no longer scale with progression, and right click ability is no longer nerfed before defeating The Devourer of Gods.
- Increased drop chance from The Devourer of Gods from 0.01% to 0.2% / 0.22% in pre-Hardmode, 0.02% / 0.022% to 0.33% / 0.4% in Hardmode, and 0.1% / 0.13% to 2% / 2.5% post-Moon Lord.
- Increased drop chance from normal enemies from 0.0002% to 0.001% during pre-Hardmode, 0.0004% to 0.002% in Hardmode, and 0.001% to 0.004% post-Moon Lord.
- 1.2.0.001: Nerfed damage multipliers from 1.5x to 1.2x after defeating King Slime, 2x to 1.4x after defeating Eye of Cthulhu, 2.75x to 1.7x after defeating Eater of Worlds or Brain of Cthulhu, 3.25x to 2x after defeating Queen Bee, 3.75x to 2.3x after defeating Skeletron, 5.25x to 2.6x after defeating Wall of Flesh, 5.75x to 2.9x after defeating The Twins, 6.25x to 3.2x after defeating The Destroyer, 6.75x to 3.5x after defeating Skeletron Prime, 7.4x to 3.8x after defeating Plantera, 8.15x to 4.1x after defeating Golem, 10.15x to 5.1x after defeating Duke Fishron, 18.15x to 7.1x after defeating Lunatic Cultist, 53.15x to 17.1x after defeating Moon Lord, 78.15x to 37.1x after defeating Providence, 103.15x to 57.1x after defeating Devourer of Gods, and 258.15x to 97.1x after defeating Yharon.
- 22.214.171.1249: Reduced damage boosts gained after defeating Lunatic Cultist, Moon Lord, Providence, and Devourer of Gods, and increased damage boost gained after defeating Yharon.
- 126.96.36.1991: Decreased drop chance from bosses after defeating Moon Lord from 0.5% / 0.66% to 0.2% / 0.25% .
- Nerfed base damage from 6 to 4.
- Increased damage buffs after defeating Lunatic Cultist, Moon Lord, Providence, Devourer of Gods, and Yharon.
- Decreased drop chance from normal enemies in Hardmode from 0.001% to 0.0004%, and post-Moon Lord from 0.005% to 0.001%.
- Decreased drop chance from bosses after defeating Moon Lord from 0.66% / 1% to 0.5% / 0.66% .
- 188.8.131.521: Now uses vanilla's built-in bools to alter stats instead of custom ones.
- 184.108.40.2065: Flail and explosions now grant local immunity frames instead of global immunity frames when hitting enemies.
- 220.127.116.116: Cosmic Freeze's dust is now less transparent.
- 18.104.22.1681: Introduced.