Soma Prime

From Calamity Mod Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cosmic Plushie.png
Cosmic Plushie.png
This item is dedicated to: Triactis/KnightyKnight
Soma Prime
  • Soma Prime.png
Stack digit 1.png
Damage370 Ranged
Knockback2 (Very Weak)
Critical chance34%
Use time5 Insanely Fast
TooltipThis weapon can supercrit if its crit chance is over 100%
All bullets fired inflict Shred, a stacking bleed debuff
Shred deals 150 DPS per stack and scales with your ranged stats
Damage ticks of Shred can also critically strike or supercrit
Replaces musket balls with enhanced High Velocity Bullets
80% chance to save ammo
Inflicts DebuffShredShred
100% chance

Debuff duration5.33 seconds
Debuff tooltipSomeone built ten Tri-Tip Daggers...
RarityRarity Level: 16
Sell 40 Gold Coin.png
Research1 required
Projectile created
High-Velocity Bullet (projectile)
High Velocity Bullet

The Soma Prime is a craftable post-Moon Lord gun. When Musket Balls are used as ammo, it fires high-damage High Velocity Bullets with increased damage by 4. The Soma Prime fires very rapidly and can inflict the Shred debuff from all hits resulting from the main bullet. This debuff deals 150 damage per second over its duration, scales with the player's ranged damage, and can apply on top of each other.

The damage from the main bullet and the Shred debuff are affected by a supercrit mechanic, where critical strike chance over 100% can still provide benefits. Any critical strike chance over 100% counts as chance to increase the critical strike damage over the normal multiplier of 2x. For example with a chance of 160%, there is a 60% chance to deal 3x normal damage and a 40% chance to deal 2x normal damage. A critical strike chance of 325% would provide a 25% chance to deal 5x normal damage and a 75% chance to deal 4x normal damage.

The Soma Prime has a 80% chance to not consume ammo.

Its best modifier is Unreal. However, the weapon's firing speed will not be affected.



Crafting Station
Draedon's ForgeDraedon's Forge
Clock GatlignumClock Gatlignum1
Shadowspec BarShadowspec Bar5
Soma PrimeSoma Prime1


  • Additional projectiles from bullets such as Crystal Bullet or Terra Bullet cannot neither benefit from the supercrit mechanic nor apply the Shred debuff.


  • The weapon itself is a reference to the Soma Prime from the video game Warframe. In Warframe, the Soma Prime is a very popular assault rifle known for having a high rate of fire, very high critical hit chance, and consistently inflicting a bleed effect on enemies.
    • The supercrit mechanic of this weapon was also inspired by Warframe, as in that game, critical strike chances above 100% cause all hits to be guaranteed crits, then the remaining percentage chance goes towards rolling for a next tier up of critical strike with a greater damage multiplier. This also occurs for chances above 200%, 300%, etc..
  • The Shred debuff tooltip is a reference to the Tri-Tip Dagger item from the video game Risk of Rain 2, this item can apply a bleeding effect on enemies hit. The specific amount of ten Tri-Tip Daggers is the minimum amount of daggers needed to make the effect proc on every hit.
  • In previous versions of the mod, the Soma Prime was renamed to "THIS WEAPON IS A REFERENCE TO WARFRAME OH MAH GAWD" and was also later renamed to "Gun". However, its name was changed back to "Soma Prime" later.
  • This weapon actually has a unique Rarity but is referred here as Hot Pink rarity for consistency between weapons.
    • This unique rarity alternates between rarity colors of white (#FFFFFF ●) and greenish beige (#D1CC6F ●).


These history sections are still a work-in-progress, and may not yet contain changes relevant to the current version of the Calamity Mod.
  • Now uses Clock Gatlignum in its recipe instead of P90.
  • Fixed tooltip still saying that Shred does 75 damage per second instead of 150.
  • Buffed damage from 130 to 370, and increased Shred's damage over time from 75 damage per second to 150.
  • Shred is no longer applied to the player for double its initial duration in Expert Mode or higher.
    • Reworked:
      • Nerfed damage from 200 to 130, critical strike chance from 44% to 34%, use time from 2 to 5, and velocity from 30 to 9.
      • Now inflicts Shred regardless of bullet type.
      • Shred now inflicts 75 damage per second instead of 750 but it is now affected by ranged damage boosts and can stack on top of each other.
      • Additionally, critical strike chance above 100% can cause bullets to deal additional critical strike damage, which can also affect the Shred debuff.
      • Shred now has an effect of causing targets to release visual blood particles.
      • Increased damage while using Musket Balls by 4.
      • Buffed chance to not consume ammo from 50% to 80% and increased the duration of Shred from 3 seconds to 5.33.
    • Now alternates between #FFFFFF ● and#D1CC6F ● colors, instead of having a fixed #FEFDEB ● color. Its effective rarity and sell price remains the same.
    • Changed Shred's buff tooltip from "Blood" to "Someone built ten Tri-Tip Daggers...".
    • Nerfed damage from 1000 to 200.
    • Now only converts Musket Balls.
    • Resprited.
  • Now has a rarity color of (#FEFDEB ●).
    • Buffed use animation from 3 to 2.
    • Now fires 2 bullets per use.
    • Now guaranteed to inflict Shred for 3 seconds instead of having a 10% chance to inflict it for 6 seconds.
    • Added a tooltip.
    • Buffed damage from 300 to 400, nerfed extra critical strike chance from 50% to 40%.
    • Resprited.
  • Renamed from "Gun" to "Soma Prime".
    • Nerfed damage from 550 to 200.
    • Resprited.
    • Renamed from "Soma Prime" to "THIS WEAPON IS A REFERENCE TO WARFRAME OH MAH GAWD".
    • Buffed damage from 108 to 550, and increased critical hit chance from +26% to +50%.
  • Shred debuff now produces more dust when inflicted on enemies.
    • Now requires a Draedon's Forge to craft instead of an Ancient Manipulator.
    • Removed tooltip "High crit. chance, extreme fire rate, and high accuracy. Fires unique high-velocity slash rounds that have a 10% chance to inflict a strong bleed debuff on hit. 50% chance to not consume ammo".
  • Now requires an Ancient Manipulator to craft instead of a Hardmode Anvil.