|Knockback||2.5 (Very Weak)|
|Use time||12 Fast|
|Tooltip||Stealth strikes spawn rain clouds on enemy hits|
|Inflicts Debuff||Brain Rot|
|Debuff duration||1.5 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||Your neurons are popping like corn kernels|
|The Hive Mind||30-50 / 50-75||25% / 33.33%|
Rot Balls are craftable Pre-Hardmode rogue weapons that are also dropped by The Hive Mind. They can pierce two enemies before breaking. They have a 50% chance of being recovered after being thrown. They function almost identically to Tooth Balls.
Performing a stealth strike with Rot Balls causes a shaderain cloud to spawn above every enemy that is hit and rain down raindrops that damage enemies. Both the weapon and stealth strikes inflict the Brain Rot debuff.
The Rot Ball cannot be reforged, and therefore cannot have modifiers.
- 2.0.3.005: Now inflicts Brain Rot for 1.5 seconds, but stealth strike rain now inflicts Brain Rot instead of Cursed Inferno.
- Now properly grants local immunity frames.
- Moved Demonite Bar to the top of the recipe.
- 2.0.1.002: Now drops at a 25% chance in Classic Mode instead of 100%, and is included in the weighted drop stack.
- 1.5.0.001: Recipe now yields 100.
- 1.4.4.004: Now has a stealth strike effect.
- 1.4.3.001: Resprited.
- 126.96.36.199: Buffed damage from 20 to 26.
- 1.3.3.001: Resprited.
- 188.8.131.526: Increased thrown size.
- 184.108.40.206: Buffed damage from 18 to 20, use time from 17 to 12, and critical strike chance from 5% to 8%.
- 1.1.5.095: Resprited.
- 1.1.5: Introduced.
|Rotten Matter • Teratoma|
Perfect Dark • Shadethrower • Shaderain Staff • Dank Staff • Rot Ball