This item is dedicated to: Ben Shapiro
|Knockback||1.5 (Extremely Weak)|
|Use time||14 Fast|
|Tooltip||Releases a swarm of angry plague bees|
Stealth strikes spawn more bees and generate a larger explosion
|Debuff duration||3 seconds (Plague bees)|
4 seconds (Plaguenade)
|Debuff tooltip||Rotting from the inside|
Plaguenades are craftable Hardmode bombs. They are explosive projectiles that release 20 plague-infected bees upon explosion. Both the explosion and the bees inflict the Plague debuff on contact. The bees spawned by the Plaguenade fly much faster than normal bees and are unaffected by liquids.
Performing a stealth strike with Plaguenades causes the resulting grenade to emit a larger explosion with 3.75x the explosion radius which releases 8 more bees.
The Plaguenade cannot be reforged, and therefore cannot have modifiers.
Recipes: No result
- Astrum Deus takes only 25% damage from Plaguenades.
- The name of this weapon is a portmanteau of "Plague" and "Grenade".
- 2.0.2.001: Now uses 30 Beenades in its recipe instead of 20, and now yields 150 instead of 100.
- Bees now inflict Plague for 3 seconds instead of 5.
- Grenade now inflicts Plague for 4 instead of 10.
- Buffed damage from 60 to 63.
- Now uses 20 Beenades and 5 Plague Cell Canisters in its recipe instead of 15 and 3, and now yields 100 instead of 30.
- Fixed an oversight that caused stealth strikes to throw out two grenades instead of one.
- Decreased bee lifespan from 7 seconds to 4.
- Fixed plague bee projectiles being oriented incorrectly when facing left.
- Now has a stealth strike effect.
- Grenade and bee now function in PvP.
- 126.96.36.199: Explosions now pierce infinitely and grant 10 local immunity frames.
- 188.8.131.52: Nerfed use time from 11 to 14.
- 184.108.40.206: Introduced.
|Cell Canister • Containment Brick • Containment Wall • Plagueplate • Plagueplate Wall|
Bubonic Round • Abombination
Wither Blossoms Staff • Epidemic Shredder • Plaguenade
Furniture • Reaper Armor • Alchemical Flask