This item is dedicated to: Triactis/KnightyKnight
The Contagion is a craftable post-Moon Lord bow. It fires arrows that leave behind a trail of orbs, exploding after a short delay. Holding left-click will cause the bow to "spin-up", increasing the fire rate appreciably.
Its best modifier is Unreal.
|Plague Cell Canister||20|
- Holding left-click will cause the Contagion to only consume one arrow, as opposed to consuming multiple arrows due to the "spin up".
- The word "contagion" refers to the communication of a disease from one organism to another, either by close contact or transmission through the air.
- This weapon actually has a unique Rarity but is referred here as Hot Pink rarity for consistency between weapons.
- This unique rarity appears as a red violet (#CF1175 ●) color.
- 2.0.2.001: No longer inflicts Plague.
- 1.5.1.001: Now inflicts Plague for 2 and 4 seconds instead of 5 and 10 from balls and arrows respectively.
- Nerfed damage from 4000 to 880.
- Now uses 20 Plague Cell Canisters in its recipe.
- Fixed sprite rotation issues with its holdout.
- 1.4.5.006: Now has a rarity color of (#CF1175 ●).
- 1.4.3.001: Now uses Phangasm in its recipe instead of Phantasm.
- Ball explosions now pierce infinitely and grant 10 local immunity frames.
- Fixed unique arrows not being affected by the Archery Potion.
- 188.8.131.52: Projectiles now make sounds upon hitting blocks.
- 184.108.40.206: Arrows now have afterimages.
- Decreased Plague duration from balls from 6 seconds to 5.
- Added a tooltip.
- Buffed damage from 600 to 4000.
- Now has a cap of 100 balls at a time, and spawns balls half as often.
- Buffed damage from 300 to 600.
- 1.3.3.001: Buffed damage from 200 to 300.
- 1.2.1.004: Nerfed damage from 270 to 200.
- 1.2.1.001: Nerfed damage from 800 to 270.
- 1.2.0.001: Buffed damage from 300 to 800.
- 220.127.116.111: Resprited it and its arrows and balls.
- 18.104.22.1681: Now requires a Draedon's Forge to craft instead of an Ancient Manipulator.
- 22.214.171.1241: Now uses the rarity instead of .
- Can now be dropped by Supreme Calamitas in Expert Mode.
- Now requires an Ancient Manipulator to craft instead of a Hardmode Anvil.
- 1.1.6: Introduced.