|Knockback||1 (Extremely Weak)|
|Use time||36 Very Slow|
|Tooltip||Fires a string of bouncing sound waves that become stronger as they travel|
RIP headphone users
|Inflicts Debuff||Crush Depth|
|Debuff duration||4 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||Crushed by aquatic pressure|
The Eidolic Wail is a post-Moon Lord magic gun that drops from Eidolon Wyrms after Polterghast has been defeated, as well as from the Primordial Wyrm. It fires a burst of three sound waves that can pierce six times and ricochet off of walls in quick succession. The wave initially deals 2% damage with a smaller size and grows to full size and damage after 0.83 seconds.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
- The sound waves are fired 17 ticks apart, with a 30 tick delay between each group of three sound waves.
- It only deals 50% damage to The Devourer of Gods.
- Because the sound waves gain more damage as they grow, this weapon does increased DPS at a distance.
- This weapon is near useless versus individual targets because its projectiles are so slow. However, its ability to ignore NPC immunity frames and pierce several times makes it incredibly powerful for dealing with crowds of enemies.
- Buffed damage from 126 to 1248 and shot speed from 8 to 14.5, but nerfed mana cost from 10 to 30.
- Projectiles now pierce 6 times instead of infinitely, and lose 25% damage on each hit.
- 2.0.2.001: Decreased sell price from 28 to 26 .
- Buffed velocity from 5 to 8.
- Reduced the time for the wave to increase to full size from 3.33 seconds to 0.83.
- The wave no longer slows down on enemy hits.
- Now inflicts Crush Depth for 4 seconds instead of 10.
- Nerfed damage from 210 to 126.
- Now grants enemies 8 local immunity frames instead of 2.
- 220.127.116.11: Wails now grant enemies 2 local immunity frames instead of 1.
- 18.104.22.168: Wails now have afterimages.
- 22.214.171.124: Added a tooltip.
- Buffed damage from 188 to 210.
- Resprited it and sound waves.
- 1.3.4.001: Resprited.
- Buffed damage from 158 to 188.
- 1.3.3.001: Buffed damage from 150 to 158.
- 1.3.0.001: Introduced.