|Knockback||3 (Very Weak)|
|Use time||20 Average|
|Tooltip||Throws a spiky ball that sticks to everything|
Explodes into cactus spikes after roughly 3 seconds
Can hurt town NPCs
Stealth strikes throw four at once
The Nasty Cholla is a craftable consumable Pre-Hardmode spiky ball. It throws a gravity affected cactus ball that explodes into three to four cactus needles after landing, each dealing 50% of the ball's damage. The cactus ball will stick to all blocks and enemies. Unlike most weapons, the Nasty Cholla can damage Town NPCs.
Performing a stealth strike with Nasty Chollas will cause four cactus balls to be thrown instead of one. Spikes from the stealth strike deal 35% of the weapon's damage.
The Nasty Cholla cannot be reforged, and therefore cannot have modifiers.
- "Cholla" is the common name of the Cylindropuntia genus of cactus.
- Buffed needle damage from 25% base damage to 50%, and needle damage can now scale with stealth damage.
- Stealth strikes now throw 4 cactus balls instead of 5 and no longer have a 140% damage modifier.
- Now uses 1 Cactus in its recipe instead of 3, and now yields 10 instead of 15.
- Buffed damage from 9 to 15 and stealth strikes now have a 140% damage modifier.
- Decreased amount of cactus balls that can stick to an enemy at a time from 20 to 3.
- 1.5.1.001: No longer considered a nature weapon.
- 1.4.5.001: Fixed secondary projectiles scaling with melee bonuses instead of rogue bonuses.
- Nerfed damage from 20 to 9.
- No longer grants local immunity frames.
- Tweaked the damage formula for spikes.
- Now uses 3 Cacti in its recipe instead of 2.
- 188.8.131.52: Introduced.