|Type||Weapon – Crafting material|
|Use time||13 Fast|
|Tooltip||Press Right Click to fire a nuke|
Rockets will destroy tiles with tile-destroying ammo
Left-click gives a fully automatic rapid-fire stream of homing rockets that inflict the weapon's normal damage. Right-click is also automatic, slowly firing seeker rockets that inflict 1.25x the weapon's normal damage and double the knockback, in a ludicrously large area of effect (square radius of 22.5 tiles). Despite its lower fire rate, the right-click function gives a similar DPS on every enemy within a large area without consuming any additional ammunition.
Its best modifier is Unreal.
- Against worm enemies like Astrum Deus, the Scorpio is spectacularly effective, often requiring no other equipment aside from reasonable armor.
- The obscenely large area of effect can be a pain in certain circumstances, as it may kill benign creatures the player wanted to capture.
- The left-click rapid fire functionality can be useful against hard to hit enemies, as you can put more rockets in the air faster. However, right-click has superior damage-per-money spent on ammo.
- 2.0.3.005: Nerfed damage from 80 to 40, but right click rockets now deal 185% base damage instead of 125%.
- 2.0.2.001: Now uses 100 Nanites and 6 Nebula Fragments in its recipe instead of Grenade Launcher, Rocket Launcher, and 20 Vortex Fragments.
- 2.0.1.003: Fixed functions of Honey Rocket and Lava Rocket being swapped for its rockets.
- 2.0.1.002: Now requires an Ancient Manipulator to craft instead of a Hardmode Anvil.
- 1.5.1.001: Rockets can now explode tiles when using Rocket IIs or Rocket IVs.
- Buffed damage from 60 to 80, but nerfed use animation from 13 to 39.
- Alt fire rocket projectiles now deal 2x knockback to enemies.
- Resprited it and its rockets.
- Buffed alt fire projectile damage from 115% base damage to 125%.
- Resprited rockets.
- Nerfed damage from 95 to 60, primary fire's use time from 13 to 14, and alt fire's use time from 39 to 42.
- Alt fire rockets now deal 229.99% base damage instead of 300%.
- Alt fire rockets now deal 50% less damage when they explode.
- Increased the explosion radius of primary fire's rockets.
- 1.4.3.001: Adjusted holdout offset.
- Rocket explosions now pierce infinitely and grant 10 local immunity frames.
- Decreased the size of primary fire explosions, and increased the size of alt fire explosions.
- 220.127.116.11: Projectiles now make sounds upon hitting blocks.
- 18.104.22.168: Changed its tooltip.
- 1.4.2.001: Explosions now deal ranged damage.
- Buffed damage from 90 to 95.
- 1.2.1.001: Nerfed damage from 103 to 90.
- 1.2.0.001: Now uses 20 Vortex Fragments in its recipe instead of 10.
- 22.214.171.1249: Optimized alt fire code.
- 126.96.36.1993: Rockets no longer have knockback.
- 188.8.131.52: Re-introduced right click ability.
- 184.108.40.206: Changed tooltip from “Fires rapid-fire mini rockets” to “Rockets”.
- 1.1.5.0947: Removed right click ability.
- 1.1.5.08: Introduced.