|Type||Weapon – Crafting material|
|Use time||15 Average|
|Tooltip||Throws a plagued boomerang that releases plague seekers when it hits tiles or enemies|
Stealth strikes cause the boomerang to release plague seekers constantly as it travels
Contrary to its name, it will probably cause an epidemic if used incorrectly
|Debuff duration||4 seconds (Boomerang)|
3 seconds (Plague seekers)
|Debuff tooltip||Rotting from the inside|
The Epidemic Shredder is a craftable Hardmode rogue boomerang. It automatically throws a returning plague disk that pierces five times and inflicts the Plague debuff. The disk can bounce on tiles indefinitely until it reaches the player or despawns. The disk also releases homing plague seekers on each bounce and on enemy hits, dealing a quarter of the base damage and inflicting the Plague debuff.
Performing a stealth strike with the Epidemic Shredder will cause the next disk to release plague seekers as it travels.
Its best modifier is Flawless.
|Plague Cell Canister||15|
- Reduced the boomerang's lifespan from 10 seconds to 3, buffed the seeker spawn rate from the stealth strike by 25%, buffed seeker damage from 25% base damage to 60%, and seekers' knockback now scale with the player's knockback boosts.
- Decreased sell price from 16 to 12 .
- 1.5.1.001: Boomerang now inflicts Plague for 4 seconds instead of 5.
- Buffed damage from 52 to 80.
- Fixed it missing "to" in its tooltip.
- 1.4.5.001: Fixed a grammar error in its tooltip.
- 1.4.3.001: Boomerang now functions in PvP.
- 188.8.131.52: Now has a flavor tooltip.
- 184.108.40.206: Introduced.
|Cell Canister • Containment Brick • Containment Wall • Plagueplate • Plagueplate Wall|
Bubonic Round • Abombination
Wither Blossoms Staff • Epidemic Shredder • Plaguenade
Furniture • Reaper Armor • Alchemical Flask