|Knockback||8 (Very Strong)|
|Use time||18 Average|
|Tooltip||Shoots an essence scythe that generates healing spirits on enemy kills|
|Inflicts Debuff||God Slayer Inferno|
|Debuff duration||5 seconds (Contact)|
3 seconds (Essence Scythe)
|Debuff tooltip||Your flesh is burning off|
The Essence Flayer is a craftable post-Moon Lord broadsword. When swung, it creates scythe projectiles at a medium range that travel through walls and deal continuous damage for a few seconds. Its projectiles have a weak homing ability. When enemies are killed by the projectiles, healing essence flames are created which restore 8 health to the player on contact.
Its best modifier is Legendary.
- Nerfed damage from 450 to 180.
- No longer uses Nightmare Fuel or Endothermic Energy in its recipe, and now requires a Cosmic Anvil to craft instead of a Draedon's Forge.
- 1.4.3.001: Swing now functions in PvP.
- Now has glowmasks.
- 22.214.171.124: Now uses 5 Nightmare Fuel or Endothermic Energy in its recipe.
- 126.96.36.199: Scythes now have afterimages.
- 188.8.131.52: Decreased God Slayer Inferno duration from true melee hits and scythes from 8.33 seconds to 5.
- 1.4.1.001: Buffed damage from 280 to 450.
- 1.3.2.001: Resprited projectiles.
- 184.108.40.206: Buffed damage from 220 to 280.
- 1.2.1.005: Buffed damage from 200 to 220.
- 1.2.1.001: Nerfed damage from 300 to 200.
- 1.2.0.001: Resprited.
- 220.127.116.111: Resprited.
- 18.104.22.1684: Nerfed damage from 333 to 300.
- 22.214.171.1241: Scythe projectiles now set NPC immunity frames to 2.
- 126.96.36.1991: Now uses the rarity instead of .
- 188.8.131.52: Buffed damage from 273 to 333, and use time from 20 to 18.
- 184.108.40.206: Now requires an Ancient Manipulator to craft instead of a Hardmode Anvil.
- 1.1.7: Introduced.