|Max Life||187,000 / 280,500 / 336,600 / 357,633 / 429,165 (total)|
|Inflicts debuff||Moon Bite|
|Debuff duration||14 seconds / 16 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||You are unable to absorb healing effects|
|Debuff duration||2 seconds (Phantasmal Bolt & Phantasmal Eye)|
4 seconds (Phantasmal Sphere)
6.67 seconds (Phantasmal Deathray)
|Debuff tooltip||Incinerated by lunar rays|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Luminite (70-90 / 90-110 )100%
- Super Healing Potion (5-15)100%
- Requiem (Lore)(Always on first kill)100%
- Treasure Bag(Moon Lord)
- If you were looking for Moon Lord on the vanilla wiki, click here.
The Moon Lord can be spawned by fulfilling either of these conditions:
In all modes, True Eyes of Cthulhu no longer deal contact damage.
The Moon Lord spawns a minute after being summoned and immediately begins attacking, cycling through his roster of attacks. He teleports more frequently based on his distance from the player, attempting to stay close at all times.
The Phantasmal Deathray attack sweeps noticeably faster, making it more difficult to avoid. Following the Deathray, the Moon Leech Clots spawned by the Tentacle heal the Moon Lord for 1,250 health each instead of 1,000. Phantasmal Sphere attacks are more spread out and move slowly initially, accelerating over time. Phantasmal Eyes home in for a while longer than normal.
Defeating each of the Moon Lord's eyes does not disable them, and will instead spawn several True Eyes of Cthulhu. The Moon Lord's eyes continue attacking afterward, but at a reduced frequency and with lower velocity projectiles. True Eyes of Cthulhu do not use their deathray attack in Revengeance Mode, and will instead stick together and attack in sync.
After defeating all three of Moon Lord's eyes, his core becomes exposed. Following this, players will take 10% more damage from all sources until the Moon Lord is defeated or leaves.
In the second phase, the Phantasmal Deathray will now penetrate blocks, forcing the player to dodge the attack in order to avoid it.
In Death Mode
- Clots heal for 1,500 instead of 1,250.
- All projectiles have their velocity increased.
- The Moon Lord and True Eyes of Cthulhu are more aggressive.
On the For the worthy seed
- Moon Lord's Phantasmal Bolts are predictive.
- Moon Lord's Phantasmal Deathray sweeps around even faster.
- Moon Lord and True Eyes of Cthulhu are more aggressive.
- Moon Lord retains maximum aggression regardless if the True Eyes of Cthulhu are out or not (Rev+).
During the Boss Rush
- Moon Lord is the first of the Tier 4 bosses to appear, and the final vanilla boss in the Boss Rush.
- Moon Lord's total health is set to 3,100,000 / 4,650,000 / 7,980,000 .
- Gains the predictive Phantasmal Bolts from the For the worthy seed.
- The Moon Lord's Core takes:
- New enemies begin spawning in the Hallow and the Underworld.
- Luminite and Exodium Clusters are generated as Planetoids.
- Enemies in the Dungeon are buffed and begin spawning Phantom Spirits.
- The Bandit begins selling the Celestial Reaper.
- Shockstorm Shuttles can now drop Exodium Clusters.
- Sky or Azure Crates will contain Exodium Clusters.
- For a Normal and Expert mode guide to Moon Lord, see Moon Lord strategies on the vanilla wiki.
- The Hydrothermic armor and Astral armor sets are the preferred types for all classes.
- Beetle armor is a viable alternative for Melee users wishing to absorb damage. The Beetle Shell is preferable to the Beetle Scale Mail, as it features the highest total defense of any armor at this stage as well as the Beetle Endurance buff.
- The Plague Reaper armor's armor set bonus, paired with the Plague Hive, can be devastatingly effective for Rangers - however, the negative effects of the set bonus debuff make it a risky strategy.
- Summoners can use Spooky armor, Plaguebringer armor, or Valhalla Knight armor. Valhalla Knight armor provides an exceptionally high defense for the Summoner class, and its damage boost synergizes well with playstyles that use fewer minions.
- At this point of the game, Angel Treads are a must.
- The Asgard's Valor can be used to provide a dash.
- The Blood Pact is an accessory that doubles max health, but causes the player to get critically hit 25% of the time.
- The Community's decent buffs to all stats are useful here.
- The Fishron Wings are almost the highest-tier wings available at this point.
- Despite that, the Hadal Mantle can be used because of its vertical mobility.
- The Celestial Shell and Fire Gauntlet should be used by melee players.
- The Recon Scope or Deadshot Brooch should be used by rangers to boost damage.
- The Sigil of Calamitas or Celestial Emblem should be used by mages to increase damage output.
- The Star-Tainted Generator or Statis' Curse are useful for summoners.
- The Vampiric Talisman is almost essential for rogues, and the Dark Matter Sheath is useful if prioritizing stealth strikes.
- The player should also use their respective class emblems to maximize the damage output.
- The Briny Baron has a powerful but situational left-click attack that can be supplemented by its safer right-click function, giving the player the versatility of multiple weapons in one.
- The Solar Eruption and Daybreak are cost-efficient options. The Solar Eruption has a high DPS and moderate range but suffers from its unpredictable swing pattern. Daybreak is less powerful but can be used from a safer distance with more accuracy.
- The Astral Blade's unique damage mechanic and Astral Infection debuff make it an excellent choice for the first portion of the fight.
- The Grand Guardian is a riskier option as it lacks a ranged projectile, but deals very high true melee damage and can lower Moon Lord's defense.
- The Fault Line is the best yoyo at this stage.
- The Phantasm is an excellent option with a high DPS, especially when paired with Terra Arrows.
- The Astral Bow is another powerful bow that is crafted with different resources, if the player is conserving lunar fragments.
- The Conference Call is a heavy-hitting gun, best used with Chlorophyte Bullets.
- Both of the Scorpio's fire modes deal high damage, though the secondary fire generally lacks the radius to damage multiple Moon Lord body parts at once.
- The Spectralstorm Cannon's circling projectiles can be used to hit different parts of Moon Lord's body if used properly.
- The Vortexpopper, when combined with Chlorophyte Bullets, should make the fight fairly straightforward.
- The Hive's rockets, bees, and Plague debuff do very high damage to the boss.
- The Swarmer can do good homing damage in this fight when paired with the Plague Hive.
- Nebula Blaze has homing projectiles and decent damage, but has a high mana cost.
- The Lazhar has precise targeting and relatively good damage.
- The Nano Purge deals high damage once it has reached its full rate of fire.
- The Vesuvius, especially with its right-click attack, can do extraordinary damage to the boss.
- The Starspawn Helix Staff and Stardust Cell Staff have similar damage outputs, differing primarily in their movement mechanics (the Starspawn Helix Staff spawns a probe that orbits the player in proximity, while the Stardust Cell Staff spawns cells that teleport after the player's target.)
- Though heavily neutered from its vanilla incarnation, the Stardust Dragon Staff is still effective with maximized minion count and damage accessories, as it has a range that far exceeds either aforementioned staff's minions.
- The Spikecrag Staff is the best sentry available.
- The Radiant Star is an excellent choice for this boss due to its large area of effect and ability to hit multiple eyes.
- The Regulus Riot's homing capability and high damage are useful if keeping some distance from the Moon Lord.
- The Shard of Antumbra has a stealth strike with homing stars, while its main attack is very effective at close distances.
- The Golden Gun is a weapon that deals classless damage.
- The Lunic Eye can lower damage reduction.
- Yanmei's Knife is a close range option that deals classless damage.
- Though the Moon Lord can be fought at any point in Hardmode (through the use of an Eidolon Tablet and defeating the Lunatic Cultist and proceeding Lunar Events), fighting him before the player has defeated most other Hardmode bosses and acquired proper gear is generally ill-advised.
- As in vanilla, the Moon Lord takes one minute to spawn after he is summoned regardless of the method. This period is invaluable for reaching the player's arena and making other last-minute preparations.
- 2.0.3.007: Now takes 85% damage from Pestilent Defiler.
- 2.0.3.005: Decreased Nightwither duration from phantasmal deathray from 10 seconds to 6.67, from phantasmal spheres from 6 seconds to 4, and from phantasmal bolts and phantasmal eyes from 3 seconds to 2.
- Now drops 1 50 .
- Core now takes 10% damage from True Biome Blade's "Mercurial Tides" attunement.
- Fixed an issue that caused its health bar to display incorrect values.
- Nerfed Boss Rush health from 3,100,000 / 4,650,000 / 7,980,000 to 310,000 / 465,000 / 798,000 .
- Buffed damage reduction from 5% to 15%.
- Now immune to Nightwither.
- All projectiles now inflict Nightwither in Revengeance and Death Mode.
- No longer drops an extra 50 Luminite.
- Now spawns Luminite planetoids when defeated for the first time.
- 1.4.5.007: Hands and Core now have reduced health scaling in multiplayer.
- 1.4.5.004: Phantasmal Eye projectiles are now less aggressive in Revengeance Mode at the start of the fight and become more aggressive as health decreases.
- It and True Eyes of Cthulhu are now more aggressive in Death Mode.
- True Eyes of Cthulhu no longer deal contact damage.
- True Eyes of Cthulhu no longer use their deathray attack in Revengeance Mode and higher.
- Reduced top speed in Revengeance Mode.
- Phantasmal Spheres now start out with a slower velocity and accelerate over time.
- 1.4.4.001: Now drops an additional 50 Luminite in every difficulty.
- Now spawns True Eyes of Cthulhu in Revengeance Mode.
- Reduced the Moon Lord's base aggression, but it now increases with each True Eye of Cthulhu out.
- Nerfed deathray damage from 150 / 300 / 380 / 437 to 150 / 300 / 380 / 420 .
- Nerfed sphere damage from 100 / 200 / 260 / 299 to 100 / 200 / 260 / 284 .
- Nerfed eye and bolt damage from 60 / 120 / 160 / 184 to 60 / 120 / 160 / 176 .
- Now moves 1.5x faster while the player is on the Unicorn mount.
- Death Mode now causes Phantasmal Deathray to move faster.
- Boss Rush Moon Leech Clots now inherit Death Mode's heal boost.
- Gravity Globe now drops in Normal Mode.
- 22.214.171.124: No longer unintentionally drops its loot during Boss Rush.
- 126.96.36.199: Fixed a bug that caused it to not drop anything in Revengeance Mode.
- Buffed core's Boss Rush health from 1,400,000 to 1,600,000.
- Buffed Moon Leech Clot's Boss Rush health to 8000.
- Reworked Revengeance Mode AI:
- Buffed core's health modifier from 1.9x / 2.4x to 2.2x / 2.7x .
- Massively increased movement speed.
- Attacks all now deal more damage directly instead of only some of his attacks being boosted by Revengeance Mode's boost list.
- Now slows down while firing the Phantasmal Deathray.
- Once Moon Lord's core is exposed, the Phantasmal Deathray goes through tiles and rotates much quicker.
- Once all three of Moon Lord's eyes are killed, his attack pattern becomes much faster.
- True Eyes of Cthulhu completely removed from the Rev+ fight. Moon Lord's eyes never detach on Rev+.
- 188.8.131.52: Fixed core being vulnerable in phase 1.
- Now teleports more frequently based on player distance in Revengeance Mode.
- No longer fires bolts from empty eye sockets in Revengeance Mode.
- Can now drop Celestial Onion in Normal Mode instead of only Expert Mode and higher.
- Nerfed core's Boss Rush health from 2,800,000 to 1,400,000.
- Nerfed hands' Boss Rush healths from 900,000 to 450,000.
- Nerfed head's Boss Rush health from 1,200,000 to 600,000.
- Nerfed True Eye of Cthulhu's Boss Rush health from 1500 to 1000.
- Core and True Eyes of Cthulhu can no longer be lifestealed off of.
- Now has a minimum coin drop count of 30 .
- 1.4.1.003: Nerfed Revengeance Mode health modifier from 1.75x to 1.2x , and decreased coin drop modifier from 2x to 1.5x .
- Nerfed forehead eye's Boss Rush health from 1,250,000 to 1,200,000.
- Buffed hand eyes' Boss Rush healths from 875,000 to 900,000 each.
- Buffed core's Boss Rush health from 2,500,000 to 2,800,000.
- Buffed True Eye of Cthulhus' Boss Rush healths from 1250 to 1500.
- No longer causes the player to take more damage from all sources in Revengeance Mode.
- No longer takes 25% damage from Crystal Bullet shards, Holy Arrow stars, split Terra Arrows, and split Terra Bullets.
- Nerfed eyes and core damage reduction from 10% to 5%.
- Nerfed True Eye of Cthulhu damage reduction from 10% to 5%.
- Lowered projectile fire rates in Revengeance Mode.
- Buffed core's health modifier from 1.5x / 2x to 1.9x / 2.4x .
- Buffed forehead and hand eyes' health modifiers from 1.5x / 1.15x to 1.75x / 1.4x .
- Buffed True Eyes of Cthulhu's health modifier from 1.25x to 1.5x.
- Nerfed core damage reduction from 50% to 10%.
- Nerfed hand and forehead eyes' damage reduction from 35% to 10%.
- Now generates Exodium Clusters in Planetoids when defeated for the first time.
- Changed hand and head health modifiers from 1.1x / 1.6x to 1.5x / 1.15x .
- Changed core's health modifier from 1.4x / 2.5x to 1.5x / 2x .
- True Eyes of Cthulhu no longer gain a 3x health modifier in Death Mode and now share Revengeance Mode's 1.5x health modifier.
- Lowered how long it takes for its head eye to fire Phantasmal Deathrays in Death Mode.
- Body, True Eyes of Cthulhu, hands, and head now take 25% damage from Crystal Bullet shards, Holy Arrow stars, split Terra Arrows, and split Terra Bullets.
- 1.3.3.011: The initial three True Eyes of Cthulhu no longer become damageable in Revengeance Mode.
- 1.3.3.001: Removed the curse of the eldritch life regeneration nerf caused by defeating it.
- Now teleports to the player more often in Revengeance Mode.
- Now spawns Eidolists periodically in Revengeance Mode once all three eyes have been defeated.
- 1.3.1.001: Head and hand eyes in Revengeance Mode now get more aggressive at higher amounts of health.
- 1.3.0.001: Lowered global hostile damage multiplier from 1.25x to 1.2x.
- 1.2.3.004: True Eyes of Cthulhu now gain extra velocity in Death Mode.
- 1.2.2.005: Now increases the player's stress by 20 instead of 30.
- Core now gains a 1.3x health modifier in Revengeance Mode.
- Hand and forehead eyes now gain a 1.2x health modifier in Revengeance Mode.
- All parts are no longer affected by Stress' illusion effect.
- Now causes the player to take 1.25x damage from all sources while active.
- Curse of the Eldritch status message now has a period.
- 1.2.0.002: True Eye of Cthulhu now inflicts Marked for Death for 5 seconds in Revengeance Mode.
- Several status messages now appear when defeated:
- "The profaned flame blazes fiercely!"
- "Cosmic terrors are watching..."
- "A bumbling feathered menace roams the jungle."
- Several status messages now appear when defeated: