|Damage|| 150 / 300 / 330 / 348 / 450 (Contact)|
140 / 240 / 264 / 280 / 396 (Dark Energy Ball)
140 / 240 / 264 / 280 / 396 (Laser Portal)
|Max Life||65,000 / 104,000 / 124,800 / 156,000 / 187,200|
|Debuff duration||1 second (Dark Energy Ball)|
|Debuff tooltip||Gravity around you is distorted|
|Immune to||All debuffs except:|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Dark Plasma (5-7 / 6-9 )100%
- Supreme Healing Potion (5-15)100%
- Ceaseless Void (Lore)(Always on first kill)100%
- Treasure Bag(Ceaseless Void)
Upon being summoned, the Ceaseless Void is completely invincible to damage, and 11 Dark Energies are spawned in a 3-armed star formation centered on the boss. The Dark Energies will oscillate back and forth relative to the Ceaseless Void while also rotating around it in a clockwise manner. The Ceaseless Void itself will initially hover directly above the player, but will cycle through 8 different positions around the player over time, moving one position counterclockwise every 8 / 6 / 4 seconds.
When the total HP of Dark Energies reaches 50%, all Dark Energies despawn as the Ceaseless Void becomes vulnerable, positions itself near the player, and begins sucking in both nearby players and a 4-armed spiral of invincible Dark Energy Balls that converge on it, with the spiral growing in speed and density as the attack goes on. At the start of the attack, it will also summon two Laser Portals that orbit around the player, firing two sets of slow Laser Beams towards them. If the player attempts to flee from it, the Ceaseless Void will stop the attack and quickly move near the player before resuming.
The Ceaseless Void will go invulnerable and repeat the above two phases at specific health intervals, summoning increasing amounts of Dark Energies in more complex formations each time while increasing the amount of damage that must be dealt to them to progress.
- At 70% HP, summons 14 Dark Energies in a 4-armed star shape, with the phase ending once their total HP reaches 35%.
- At 40% HP, summons 17 Dark Energies in a 5-armed star shape, with the phase ending once their total HP reaches 25%.
- At 10% HP, summons 20 Dark Energies in a 6-armed star shape, with the phase ending once their total HP reaches 20%.
When the last group of Dark Energies is defeated and the Ceaseless Void uses its vacuum attack, it will be invulnerable as its health slowly depletes, forcing players to survive for 15 seconds as its suction force gradually increases in power. After 15 seconds, the boss will implode, leaving its loot behind and despawning all of its projectiles.
In Expert Mode
- Changes position in its invincible phase every 6 seconds.
- Dark Energies follow a curving path, making them harder to avoid.
- Each formation of Dark Energy now has 4/5/6/7 arms and 14/17/20/23 Dark Energies.
- Suction force from the vacuum attack is stronger.
- Below 70% HP, the vacuum attack periodically sucks in two extra Dark Energy Orbs from opposite sides once the Dark Energy spiral is fully formed.
- Changes position in its invincible phase every 4 seconds.
- Dark Energies move faster.
- Suction force from the vacuum attack is even stronger.
- Each formation of Dark Energy now has 5/6/7/8 arms and 17/20/23/26 Dark Energies.
- Three Laser Portals are summoned instead of two.
In Death Mode
- Each formation of Dark Energy now has 6/7/8/9 arms and 20/23/26/29 Dark Energies.
On the For the worthy seed
- Is 15% faster.
- Dark Energies are 50% smaller.
- Spawns twice the amount of Dark Energies.
- Dark Energies take reduced damage from most non-minion piercing projectiles. Each hit decreases the damage of the next hit by 12%, until the eighth hit onwards which deal 20% of original damage.
- Dark Energies also take 50% damage from true melee hits.
- Dark Energies are harmless but invincible for 2 seconds after spawning.
- For more elaborate strategies on defeating the Ceaseless Void, including weapon and arena recommendations, see Guide:Ceaseless Void strategies.
- Make use of Gravity Normalizer Potion, as it gives immunity to the Distorted debuff. This makes dodging and staying alive considerably easier and makes taking a hit less annoying.
- Bring high damage weapons especially if they have area of effect capabilities, as they can easily clear out the Dark Energies.
- Keep moving in a spiral pattern when the Ceaseless Void is vulnerable or using its last attack, as the converging Dark Energy spiral increases in intensity the longer the attack is ongoing.
- The Elemental Disk can produce many splitting projectiles, allowing it to easily take out the swarms of Dark Energies.
- The Elemental Eruption will take out the Ceaseless Void incredibly quickly, but is not very strong against its minions.
- If Storm Weaver has been defeated, The Storm is very effective both versus the Ceaseless Void and its Dark Energies.
- The Starfleet can deal massive damage while the Ceaseless Void is vulnerable, sometimes skipping phases or killing it instantly. If aimed well, it can dispatch Dark Energies in a single shot.
- The Telluric Glare is very useful for the Dark Energies and can skip sometimes 1 or 2 phases.
- The Nuclear Fury does excellent damage to clumped together Dark Energies and does decent damage to the Ceaseless Void itself.
- The Blissful Bombardier is a good choice against the Dark Energies for its homing and area damage. Its decent fire rate can also deal with the Ceaseless Void itself pretty easily.
- The Ark of the Elements is still a good choice, as it homes in on the Dark Energy and the Ceaseless Void.
- The Divine Retribution's storm of spears will deal extreme damage to the Ceaseless Void when it is vulnerable.
- Single-target minions struggle against the Ceaseless Void due to its many minions. Use summons with an area of effect damage such as the Stardust Dragon Staff or Elemental Axes instead. The Profaned Soul Artifact is also recommended.
- The Molten Amputator's explosions and lava globs can deal with grouped Dark Energies very rapidly.
- If the player is having a very hard time making space in the Dungeon, they could lure the Ceaseless Void out of the Dungeon if they can handle it being enraged. This trades a lack of space for a large increase in speed for the Ceaseless Void.
- While the Ceaseless Void can be fought before any other post-Moon Lord boss, it is not recommended to fight until Providence is defeated, the many projectiles and Dark Energies make this fight very challenging.
- The Ceaseless Void's theme is a segment from Servants of the Scourge, which was composed by the artist DM DOKURO.
- This theme contains a motif from The Devourer of Gods' theme.
- If the Calamity Music add-on mod is disabled, Boss 3 will play instead.
- The Ceaseless Void, along with the Storm Weaver and Signus, can be summoned right after the Moon Lord is defeated, as their summoning item only requires Solar Fragments, Luminite Bars, and Unholy Essences.
- Prior to the 1.5.0.001 update, The Ceaseless Void originally had the lowest health out of all bosses, but this weakness was nullified with having the highest DR.
- If the Boss Checklist Mod is installed, its unique despawn message will be "The ancient spatial rift slips away to places unknown."
- Ceaseless Void: "-"
- Dark Energy: "-"
- Increased Boss Checklist Mod difficulty value from 19.5 to 19.6.
- Changed Boss Checklist Mod despawn message from "The rift in time and space has moved away from your reach." to "The ancient spatial rift slips away to places unknown."
- It and Dark Energy now properly display vanilla debuff colors and Hunter Potion effects.
- Fixed laser portal attacks not functioning properly in multiplayer.
- Dark Energy opacity scales after they spawn and are fully visible when they're able to deal damage.
- Changed Bestiary entry from "When the fabric of the universe is meddled with, especially by inexperienced beings, the risk of irreparable damage is very, very high." to "A mysterious entity that acts as a portal to elsewhere. Little is known about its origins, other than that it was sealed away by the cultists."
- Fixed an issue where Dark Energy could not spawn during Boss Rush.
- 2.0.1.003: Now uses its respective spawning sound instead of Boss Rush summoning sounds during Boss Rush.
- Added boss spawning, build up and death sounds.
- Dark Energy no longer has a global grenade resistance.
- Increased void pull strength by 25% but it can no longer affect vertical movement.
- 2.0.0.001: Fixed an issue that prevented Treasure Bag from dropping vanilla developer items.
- Now has a circular hitbox.
- Now drops 2 .
- Nerfed health from 67,200 / 107,520 / 123,648 to 64,400 / 103,040 / 123,648 .
- Buffed Dark Energy damage from 120 / 240 / 264 / 278 to 130 / 260 / 288 / 304 .
- Buffed Dark Energy projectile damage from 120 / 200 / 232 / 248 to 140 / 240 / 264 / 280 .
- Buffed Laser Portal damage from 120 / 200 / 232 / 248 to 140 / 240 / 264 / 280 .
- It and its Dark Energies are now resistant to sickness debuffs.
- Buffed health from 200 / 400 to 67,200 / 107,520 / 123,648 .
- Buffed Boss Rush health from 200 / 400 to 72,000 / 115,200
- Nerfed damage reduction from 99.99% to 50%.
- Nerfed Dark Energy health from 24,000 / 48,000 to 6000 / 12,000 .
- It and Dark Energies are now immune to all debuffs.
- Dark Energy now takes 50% damage from Nuclear Fury and Wave Pounder.
- Dark Energy no longer drops Hearts in Revengeance or Malice Mode.
- Dark Energies will now spawn in clusters of 3-5 and revolve around Ceaseless Void. When the total health of all of the Dark Energies is at 50% (1st time), 35% (2nd time), 25% (3rd time), or 20% (4th time), all Dark Energies disappear, and Dark Energies and players will be sucked towards Ceaseless Void. During this time it can be damaged.
- When at 5% health, it will become invulnerable and suck in all Dark Energies and players for 15 seconds. After the 15 seconds have ended, it will implode and drop its loot.
- Removed the tile enrage mechanic.
- Now drops its own Treasure Bag in Expert Mode or higher.
- Can no longer spawn twice during Boss Rush.
- Now drops Supreme Healing Potions.
- Dark Energy now creates less dust.
- 1.4.5.006: Dark Energy now resists piercing attacks.
- Dark Energies now spread out further apart from each other.
- Decreased Distorted duration from Dark Energy from 1 second to 0.33.
- Now spawns more Dark Energies and moves quicker as its health decreases in Death Mode.
- Reduced potency of the enrage based on nearby tiles.
- Buffed all Dark Energy damage from 120 / 240 to 120 / 240 / 264 / 278 .
- Buffed Laser Portal damage from 120 / 200 / 230 to 120 / 200 / 232 / 248 .
- Changed Dark Energy projectile damage from 120 / 200 / 230 / 264 to 120 / 200 / 232 / 248 .
- Gave it the tile-detection enrage code that is shared with Plantera.
- The ring of Dark Energy projectiles now rotates slower on all world difficulties.
- Dark Energy projectiles now inflict Distorted.
- 1.4.4.004: Fixed a bug where Dark Energy did not despawn.
- 1.4.4.001: It and Dark Energy now have glowmasks.
- 1.4.3.002: Dark Energy no longer despawns unless Ceaseless Void isn't active.
- Nerfed contact damage from 150 / 300 / 375 / 431 to 150 / 300 / 330 / 348 .
- Nerfed Dark Energy's damage from 120 / 240 / 300 / 345 to 120 / 240 / 300 .
- Nerfed laser and energy ball damage from 120 / 200 / 250 / 287 to 120 / 200 / 229 / 248 .
- In Revengeance Mode, it now spawns an even ring of 12 invincible Dark Energy Balls instead of a wave of 4 when below 50% health.
- Decreased projectile spawn rate in Death Mode.
- Dark Energy now takes 90% damage from Molten Amputator's boomerang.
- Resprited gores.
- 220.127.116.11: Resprited map icon.
- 18.104.22.168: Now has a unique hit sound.
- Buffed beam portal damage from 116 / 168 to 120 / 200 .
- Nerfed Dark Energy's defense from 68 to 50.
- Dark Energy now deals 600 damage in Revengeance Mode instead of inheriting its Expert Mode damage value of 480 .
- Laser portal and lasers can no longer hit the player when they are fading away.
- Now permanently enrages during Boss Rush.
- Now spawns beam portals in Death Mode and Boss Rush.
- Dark Energies now become immune to knockback at 70% / 90% health in higher difficulty modes instead of having a set 50% health threshold in all modes.
- Increased speed of Dark Energy.
- Dark Energy rings and Beam Portals now pierce through the player.
- 22.214.171.124: Greatly increased speed while enraged, but lowered its maneuverability.
- Now deals contact damage.
- When below 90% health, it will now create rings of dust. If the player is within the ring, they are tossed around. The size of this ring increases with how much health it has remaining.
- Decreased speed.
- Decreased how fast Dark Energy pulses in transparency and size.
- Buffed Dark Energy's health from 12,000 / 24,000 to 24,000 / 48,000 , health during the Devourer of Gods fight from 3000 / 6000 to 6000 / 12,000 , and Boss Rush health from 37,000 / 74,000 to 44,000 / 88,000 .
- Dark Energy projectiles now have an immunity frame cooldown slot of 1.
- Dark Energy can no longer be lifestealed off of.
- 1.4.1.003: Increased minimum coin drop amount from 50 to 35 .
- 1.4.0.001: Critical hits are now forced to deal 1 damage.
- 1.3.3.002: Dark Energy is now invincible for 3 seconds after spawning.
- Buffed damage reduction from 99.99% to 99.9999%.
- Can now be targeted by homing weapons and minions.
- Now uses Servants of the Scourge as theme instead of Boss 2.
- Now has gores.
- Nerfed Dark Energy's health from 22,000 / 44,000 to 12,000 / 24,000 .
- Resprited Dark Energy.
- Fixed a bug that caused it to not despawn when the player dies.
- 1.2.4.001: Resprited map icon.
- 1.2.3.002: Now spawns more beam portals in Death Mode.
- 1.2.3.001: Dark Energy now becomes immune to knockback when below 50% health instead of 33%.
- 1.2.2.005: Now enrages outside of the Dungeon.
- Now always despawns if the player is killed.
- Fixed a sheeting error.
- 1.2.1.005: Resprited.
- Dark Energy now gains 100% knockback resistance when below 33% health.
- Nerfed Dark Energy variant 3's base knockback resistance from 85% to 70%.
- Nerfed health in Normal Mode from 200 to 150.
- Now has 99.99% damage reduction.
- Dark Energy now inflicts Horror for 10 seconds in Revengeance Mode.
- Removed Dark Energy's knockback resistance scaling through difficulties.
- Can now drop Ceaseless Void Trophy.
- Now has a 2% chance to drop Laudanum or Stress Pills in Revengeance Mode.
- 126.96.36.1991: Now drops 2-3 Dark Plasma instead of 1.
- 188.8.131.526: Now forces all damage taken to 1.
- 184.108.40.206: Decreased speed.
- 220.127.116.11: Now has a map icon.
- 1.1.7: Introduced.