|Debuff duration||3 seconds (Dark Ice attack)|
|Debuff tooltip||It's either really hot or really cold. Either way it REALLY hurts|
|Inflicts debuff||Glacial State|
|Debuff duration||0.5 seconds (Dark Ice attack)|
|Debuff tooltip||Cannot move|
- There is an empty house.
- Cryogen has been defeated.
When threatened by enemies, he will defend himself with a dark ice crystal.
|Warmth Potion||2||Always available.|
|Frostbite Blaster||36||Always available.|
|Icicle Trident||36||Always available.|
|Ice Star||5||Always available.|
|Arctic Bear Paw||48||After defeating all Mechanical Bosses.|
|Frosty Flare||8||After defeating all Mechanical Bosses.|
|Cryophobia||36||After defeating all Mechanical Bosses.|
|Cryogenic Staff||36||After defeating all Mechanical Bosses.|
|Absolute Zero||80||After defeating the Frost Moon.|
|Eternal Blizzard||80||After defeating the Frost Moon.|
|Winter's Fury||80||After defeating the Frost Moon.|
|Icy Bullet||80||After defeating the Frost Moon.|
|Icicle Arrow||80||After defeating the Frost Moon.|
|Permafrost's Concoction||24||Always available.|
|Super Mana Potion||15||Always available.|
|Delicious Meat||50||Always available.|
|Magic Scarf and Hat||5||Always available.|
|Blood Rune||1||When the player possesses an Ice Barrage.|
|Any Pylon||10||When in a specific biome and is happy enough.|
- The Archmage will always be named Permafrost.
During the daytime while not in the snow biome:
During the night or in the snow biome:
During a Party:
During a Blood Moon:
If Moon Lord has been defeated:
When far from home:
When in a sparse area:
When in the Snow biome:
When in the Desert:
When in an Evil Biome or the Dungeon:
When near the Wizard:
When near the Princess:
When near the Cyborg:
When Happiness is neutral:
- When defeated for the first time, Cryogen will drop the Archmage from wherever it is defeated.
- The Bestiary entry for the Archmage: "His face shows great age, but also great wisdom. The Archmage once stood against the Jungle Tyrant and paid the price. He sells various frosty wares but of course, keeps the most powerful spells to himself."
- The Archmage, along with the Sea King, are two characters who have large roles in the mod's lore.
- Further supporting this, Permafrost refers to Cryogen as his ice castle, which is a reference to the lore, where it states that Yharim trapped him in his castle, which is Cryogen.
- The Archmage has a Draedon's Log entry dedicated to him that can be found in the Ice Bio-center Lab.
- The Archmage drops from Cryogen when it is defeated for the first time, once again referencing the lore.
- Real life Permafrost is ground that consistently remains at low temperatures below 0°C (32°F) for more than 2 years.
- His self-defense projectile is visually identical to the ice crystal fired by Absolute Zero; however, the Archmage's ice crystal pierces enemies and does not deal additional damage when it explodes.
- The Archmage has only one possible name, sharing this trait with Santa Claus, the Drunk Princess, the Brimstone Witch, and the Sea King.
- The Drunk Princess has dialogue that implies both had at least one sexual encounter.
- In the mod's source files, the Archmage is referred to as 'DILF'.