|Damage|| 50 / 100 / 138 / 161 / 150 / 207 (Contact) |
44 / 76 / 128 / 140 / 114 / 186 (Seed)
54 / 96 / 132 / 152 / 144 / 210 (Poison Seed)
62 / 108 / 160 / 176 / 162 / 234 (Thorn Ball)
|Max Life||75,000 / 105,000 / 126,000 / 133,875 / 160,650|
|Debuff duration||8 seconds (Thorn Ball)|
|Debuff tooltip||Slowly losing life|
|Damage|| 70 / 140 / 193 / 225 / 210 / 289 (Contact) |
160 / 176 / 234 (Spore Gas)
|Max Life||37,500 / 75,000|
52,500 / 105,000
63,000 / 126,000
66,937 / 133,875
80,325 / 160,650
|Debuff duration||10 seconds (Contact)|
8 seconds (Spore Gas)
|Debuff tooltip||Slowly losing life|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Living Shard (25-30 / 30-35 )100%
- Greater Healing Potion (5-15)100%
- Plantera (Lore)(Only on first kill)100%
- Treasure Bag(Plantera)
Plantera will not spawn on her own, she is summoned by breaking a Plantera's Bulb in the Underground Jungle or the Giant Plantera Bulb found in the Vernal Pass mini-biome. She can also be summoned by using a Portabulb anywhere in the Jungle.
Plantera's enrage mechanic receives changes in all modes; she will no longer enrage outside of the Underground Jungle but will enrage at the Surface.
Plantera will receive a boost to her speed depending on the size of the arena she is fought in, which is determined by the amount of active tiles in an area around her. If the arena is smaller she will move slower, and if the arena is larger she will move faster, proportional to the lack of blocks. The amount of tentacles spawned is also affected by these boosts.
Similarly to Expert Mode, Plantera moves through blocks slowly, using long vines to grapple foreground blocks (and background walls in her second phase), similar to multi-hooks. She has a third phase under 25% health and has more projectiles throughout the fight.
The changes made by Revengeance Mode include:
- The petals fired in phase 1 are significantly faster.
- Shoots Thorn Balls during Phase 3, only 3 can exist at one time.
- Summons tentacles at 75%, 50%, and 20% life.
- The more tentacles that are alive, the higher her defense is.
- She will also fire Homing Gas Bulbs which leave behind lingering trails of spore gas. These gas bulbs will slowly home around the player before launching towards them at high speed.
- In phase 2 she fires seeds, moves faster to catch up to the player and belches lingering Spore Gas Clouds that linger and spread out over time when all tentacles are dead.
- Hook and projectiles spread decrease as health decreases.
- Hooks no longer spawn tentacles.
- Becomes more aggressive the less active tiles there are around her.
- If enraged during the day, she will regain health over time.
- If enraged during the night, she gains a massive defense boost.
In Death Mode
- Petal fire rate dramatically increased.
- Attempts to ram the player more often.
- Top speed, acceleration, maximum hook range, and number of tentacles spawned increase as her health decreases.
- Tentacles move faster.
During the Boss Rush
- Perennial Ore is generated in the Cavern layer of the world.
- If the Calamitas Clone has not already been defeated, Reapers, Vampires and Psychos will begin dropping Solar Veils.
- The Great Sand Shark will begin spawning after killing 10 Sand Sharks.
- Jungle Crates will begin dropping Chlorophyte and Perennial Bars.
- Mantis Shrimp will begin dropping Mantis Claws.
- Dungeon Crates and Eidolists will begin dropping Ectoplasm.
- The Bandit will begin selling Glove of Precision, Glove of Recklessness, and Monkey Darts.
- The Drunk Princess will begin selling Evergreen Gin, Caribbean Rum, Margarita and Prismatic Lacewing.
- The Arms Dealer will begin selling the Uzi.
- Due to Plantera's enrage, it is highly recommended to construct its arena in the Cavern layer, while in the Jungle biome.
- The player should strive to make a decently sized arena to allow more room to avoid Plantera's petal shots and spores, while not enraging it specially on Revengeance Mode or higher difficulties.
- Chlorophyte armor and Hallowed armor are great balanced choices for melee, ranger and mage players.
- Daedalus armor is another balanced pick for all classes.
- Rangers can utilize the Magic Quiver if they are using bows.
- The player can utilize accesories like the Ambrosial Ampoule to increase life regeneration.
- A good accessory to use is the Living Dew as it grants stat boosts in the Jungle, as well as providing immunity to the Poisoned debuff.
Weapons & Equipment
- The Pwnagehammer is a powerful option for Plantera herself, but it lacks when it comes to going through her tentacles.
- The Biome Blade has multiple attunements that can aid against Plantera, including Heaven's Might for mid-range fighting and Grovetender's Touch or Pure Clarity for long-range fighting. Arid Grandeur is higher-risk, close-range option with very high damage.
- If Calamitas Clone has already been defeated, the Ark of the Ancients is a very powerful weapon against Plantera due to its homing capabilities.
- The Darkecho Greatbow's ricocheting crystal darts and overall high damage put it at a great spot at dealing with Plantera and her tentacles.
- The Corroded Caustibow can be utilized to make quick work of the tentacles with its debuffs and trail.
- The Brimstone Fury is another good option for dealing good damage to Plantera
- The Arbalest can build up to very high speeds, and if underground works well with Chlorophyte Arrows.
- The Megalodon is one of the strongest guns at this stage.
- Both Valkyrie Ray and Arctic Bear Paw are powerful options due to their piercing capabilities that can greatly help with Plantera's tentacles.
- The Ion Blaster is another great option if used at its highest potential.
- The Undine's Retribution can pierce through walls and targets automatically, doing high damage.
- The Deepsea Staff, Dormant Brimseeker, Optic Staff, Entropy's Vigil (if Calamitas Clone was defeated first), and Mounted Scanner are great picks that can go through the tentacles and attack Plantera all together.
- The Scourge of the Seas is an excellent choice due to its lingering clouds that can deal great damage to Plantera and her tentacles.
- The Kelvin Catalyst can be of use due to its piercing capabilities to attack both Plantera and her tentacles.
- The Totality Breakers are another excellent crowd control weapon for damaging both Plantera and her tentacles, if Calamitas Clone was defeated first.
- The Skyfin Bombers are another excellent option for dealing with Plantera and her tentacles, specially on stealth builds and its homing.
- The Spent Fuel Container is another excellent crowd control weapon for Plantera and her tentacles.
- The Frequency Manipulator does high damage against Plantera herself, although it has trouble clearing out the tentacles at the start of Phase 2.
- Unlike Normal/Expert Plantera, the circle method is less effective here due to Planetera's lingering spore clouds, and her 3 petal shots in phase 2.
- Try to change your direction or path to avoid the petals, spike balls and spore clouds.
- When in smaller arenas or with weaker movement options, especially in Phase 2, it can be very helpful to take out the tentacles first. Piercing weapons work best for this, after which it is best switch back to a higher damage, single target weapon.
- Although Plantera is intended to be fought after the three Mechanical bosses, Plantera Bulbs start spawning as soon as Hardmode is enabled. This means that it is possible to fight Plantera before the Mechanical bosses, although it would be very difficult to do so.
- Plantera checks for arena size by constantly scanning a 40x40 rectangular area around herself (1600 blocks total). If there are less than 800 active tiles in that area, she will move faster proportional to the lack of blocks.
- 2.0.3.003: Nerfed Plantera's Tentacle's speed and acceleration in the Get fixed boi seed.
- Now drops 50 .
- Can now photosynthesize for 1% health/s at night time while enraged on the surface in Revengeance Mode or above, instead of gaining 99.99% damage reduction.
- Decreased regeneration rate from day time photosynthesis from 4% health/s to 2% health/s.
- Buffed health from 30,000 / 42,000 / 126,000 to 75,000 / 105,000 / 126,000 .
- Buffed Pink Seed damage from 44 / 76 / 96 / 108 to 44 / 76 / 128 / 140 .
- Buffed Poison Seed damage from 54 / 96 / 120 / 132 to 54 / 96 / 136 / 152 .
- Buffed Spore Gas damage from 64 / 104 / 140 / 152 to 80 / 140 / 160 / 176 .
- Buffed Thorn Ball damage from 62 / 108 / 136 / 148 to 62 / 108 / 160 / 176 .
- Now vulnerable to cold and heat debuffs but resistant to sickness debuffs.
- Now drops Spore Sac regardless of world difficulty.
- Increased Jungle Key drop rate from 20% to 33%, and it now drops directly from the boss.
- Buffed Revengeance Mode health from 96,600 to 126,000 .
- Nerfed Boss Rush health from 1,600,000 / 2,240,000 / 5,152,000 to 160,000 / 224,000 / 515,200 .
- Nerfed phase 1 defense from 42 to 32.
- Nerfed phase 2 defense in Revengeance Mode from 21 to 10 .
- Now immune to Venom.
- Tentacles no longer drop Hearts in Revengeance or Malice Mode.
- Revengeance Mode spore projectiles can no longer deal damage for the first 2 seconds after they are spawned in.
- Now only inflicts Poisoned for 5 seconds.
- Tentacles now only inflict Poisoned for 3 seconds.
- 1.4.5.007: Tentacles no longer have reduced health scaling in multiplayer.
- Spore clouds in Revengeance Mode now glow and now constantly travel at a small speed to hinder the player.
- The number of tentacle hooks that can be summoned at once has been capped in both phases in Revengeance Mode.
- No longer gains a defense boost per tentacle alive in Revengeance Mode.
- Can now fire a single thorn ball in phase 2.
- Velocity and acceleration, maximum hook reach, and the number of tentacles that can spawn increase as its health decreases in Death Mode.
- Tentacles move quicker in Death Mode.
- Reduced potency of the enrage based on nearby tiles.
- All charging speeds have been increased by 33%. Final phase charges are now less aggressive.
- Now spawns tentacle hooks multiple times throughout the fight. All hooks have a 1-second delay before dealing damage when spawned.
- Plantera's hook and projectile spread decreases as its health decreases.
- Buffed damage reduction in Revengeance Mode from 0% to 15%.
- Buffed tentacles' damage reduction in Revengeance Mode from 0% to 10%.
- Nerfed phase 1 contact damage from 50 / 100 / 125 / 143 to 50 / 100 / 114 / 124 .
- Nerfed phase 2 contact damage from 70 / 140 / 175 / 201 to 70 / 140 / 161 / 173 .
- Nerfed tentacle damage from 60 / 138 / 172 / 198 to 60 / 138 / 158 / 171 .
- Nerfed Spore's damage from 70 / 126 / 157 / 181 to 70 / 126 / 144 / 156 .
- Nerfed pink seed damage from 44 / 76 / 96 / 110 to 44 / 76 / 96 / 108 .
- Nerfed poison seed damage from 54 / 96 / 120 / 138 to 54 / 96 / 120 / 132 .
- Nerfed spiky ball damage from 62 / 108 / 136 / 156 to 62 / 108 / 136 / 148 .
- Nerfed spore gas damage from 140 / 161 to 140 / 152 .
- Added a status message "The desert sand shifts intensely!" upon defeat.
- Death Mode changes:
- Decreased movement speed and maximum distance from hooks.
- Decreased maximum projectile firing rate for all projectiles.
- Greatly increased movement speed when immediately transitioning into Phase 2, instead of below 25% health.
- Hooks and tentacles move at the highest speed immediately, instead of gradually speeding up as health lowers.
- Fires all projectiles at the highest rate immediately, instead of gradually increasing rate as health lowers.
- Fires Poison Seeds and Thorn Balls immediately, instead of below 90% and 80% health.
- Nerfed Boss Rush health from 2,100,000 to 1,600,000.
- Buffed Hook's Boss Rush health from 90,000 to 400,000.
- No longer enrages during Boss Rush.
- Revengeance Mode spore clouds can no longer hit the player for a short period of time.
- Fixed a vanilla bug where its Expert Mode contact damage was lower than intended.
- Reworked Revengeance Mode AI:
- No longer enrages when taken outside the jungle.
- Can only have 3 thorn balls deployed at a time. She can't fire more unless there are less than 3 currently alive.
- Hooks no longer spawn their own tentacles.
- Hooks are less aggressive and no longer deal contact damage.
- Tentacles no longer stretch out further when they are at low health.
- Becomes faster and more aggressive the less solid tiles are near her.
- Gains defense for each of her tentacles that is alive.
- If taken to the surface, she photosynthesizes and rapidly regenerates health during the day. At night, she hardens and gains a massive defense boost.
- When all tentacles are dead in phase 2, she will charge the player extremely quickly until close to them. She then spits spore clouds, seeds and killable spore pods.
- Thorn Balls now inflict Poisoned for 4 seconds instead of 3.
- Reworked Revengeance Mode AI:
- 220.127.116.11: Tentacles now inflict Bleeding for 3 seconds and Poisoned for 2 seconds instead of 2.5 and 1.5 seconds respectively in Revengeance Mode.
- Buffed health modifier from 1.65x / 2.681x to 1.9x / 2.9x .
- Nerfed Boss Rush health from 5,200,000 to 2,100,000.
- Nerfed tentacle Boss Rush health from 180,000 to 90,000.
- Tentacles and Spores can no longer be lifestealed off of.
- Jungle Key and Living Shards now drop from the Treasure Bag instead of directly from the boss in Expert Mode.
- 1.4.1.002: Decreased speed and projectile fire rate in Revengeance Mode.
- Buffed Boss Rush health from 4,200,000 to 5,200,000.
- Buffed tentacles' Boss Rush healths from 150,000 to 180,000.
- Buffed Boss Rush damage modifier from 2.5x to 3.5x.
- Tentacles no longer deal extra contact damage in Revengeance Mode.
- Plantera phase 2 and tentacles now inflict Bleeding and Poisoned in Revengeance Mode.
- Thorn balls now inflict Poisoned.
- No longer takes 50% damage from Crystal Bullet shards and Holy Arrow stars.
- 1.4.0.002: Fixed enraged boss gaining exponential amounts of defense and contact damage.
- 1.4.0.001: Lowered projectile fire rates in Revengeance Mode.
- 1.3.4.001: Nerfed health modifier from 2.3x / 6.2x to 1.35x / 2.381x .
- 1.3.3.001: Now removes the early-Hardmode nerf to enemy health and damage when defeated.
- 1.3.2.001: Now spawns Perennial Ore when defeated.
- 18.104.22.168: Buffed Death Mode health modifier from 2.6x to 6.2x .
- 1.2.4.002: Buffed health modifier from 1.4x / 1.8x to 2.3x / 2.6x .
- Nerfed speed when she is enraged to prevent her from despawning.
- Tentacles now fire Spores in Revengeance and Death Mode.
- Now fires thorn balls occasionally in phase 2 in Death Mode.
- Now has a cap of 25 tentacles and 20 Spores at a time.
- 1.2.2.003: Tentacles now gain a 1.25x health and damage modifier in Revengeance Mode.
- 1.2.1.002: Increased Revengeance Mode contact damage multiplier.
- Can now drop Jungle Key at a 20% chance.
- Leviathan status message now has a period.
- Spore now inflicts Marked for Death for 3 seconds in Revengeance Mode.
- No longer gets more aggressive with high Stress.
- 22.214.171.1241: The status message "The ocean depths are trembling." now appears when defeated.
- 1.1.5.08: Increased Living Shard drop amount from 4-6 / 6-8 to 6-8 / 8-10 .