|Type||Miniboss – Aquatic|
|Damage|| 150 / 300 / 330 / 348 / 450 / 495 / 522 (Contact)|
140 / 220 / 330 (Ink bombs)
23 / 36 / 54 (Ink clouds)
|Max Life||130000 / 260000 / 390000|
|KB Resist||95% / 95.5% / 96%|
|Debuff duration||Infinite (while eaten)|
|Debuff tooltip||You can't see!|
|Inflicts debuff||Crush Depth|
|Debuff duration||5 seconds (Contact)|
|Debuff tooltip||Crushed by aquatic pressure|
|Debuff duration||5 seconds (Ink Bombs)|
|Debuff tooltip||Decreased light vision|
|Banner||Colossal Squid Banner|
The Colossal Squid is a mini boss that spawns in the 3rd and 4th layers of the Abyss biome. Once the player gets too close or hits it, it attempts to kill the player by ramming them and firing damaging Squid Ink Bombs, which burst into hovering Ink Clouds. It also has the ability to latch onto the player and "eat" them, inflicting the Obstructed debuff, greatly reducing visibility and inflicting rapid damage until they are released.
It can be detected with the Lifeform Analyzer.
- While being eaten by the Colossal Squid, the player's Aggro stat will be reduced by 750, essentially meaning that enemies will not target the player when that is occurring.
- However, creatures in the Abyss have their own unique detection radius system which is unaffected by the player's Aggro stat.
- If the Colossal Squid has latched on to the player, attempting to teleport out of the Abyss through any means will pull the Colossal Squid with them.
- The Colossal Squid will not spawn in the 4th layer of the Abyss if an Eidolon Wyrm, Reaper Shark or another Colossal Squid is already present.
- The Bestiary entry for the Colossal Squid: "This species of squid has grown immensely in size and strength due to the effects Silva’s essence has had on them. As they are able to consume the growths she caused directly due to being herbivores in the past, more life flows within them than nearly every other Abyss creature."
- 2.0.3.007: Now only requires 10 kills to obtain its banner.
- 2.0.2.002: Now properly displays vanilla debuff colors and Hunter Potion effects.
- 2.0.2.001: Now inflicts Defense damage.
- Nerfed health from 220,000 / 440,000 to 130,000 / 260,000 , and ink cloud damage from 92 / 145 to 23 / 36 .
- Now drops 26-38 / 31-45 Depth Cells at a 50% chance instead of 26-38 at a 50% chance with a 50% chance to drop an extra 5-7 in Expert Mode.
- Now vulnerable to electricity and sickness debuffs, but resistant to water and heat debuffs.
- Decreased Crush Depth duration from contact from 10 seconds to 5, and it no longer inflicts Darkness.
- Decreased Darkness duration from ink bombs from 10 seconds to 5, and they no longer inflict Venom.
- Ink bombs now use a circular hitbox.
- Can now spawn in the 4th layer of the Abyss.
- No longer drops Halibut Cannon.
- 1.4.5.006: Can now drop Ink Bomb at a 10% chance.
- 1.4.5.001: No longer immune to Abyssal Flames, Armor Crunch, Astral Infection, Betsy's Curse, Celled, Daybroken, Demon Flames, Dryad's Bane, Frostburn, God Slayer Inferno, Holy Flames, Nightwither, Oiled, Plague, Shred, War Cleave, or Whispering Death.
- 1.4.3.001: Nerfed contact damage from 150 / 300 / 375 / 431 to 150 / 300 / 330 / 348 .
- 18.104.22.168: No longer blocks spawn rates with Eidolon Wyrm and Reaper Shark.
- 22.214.171.124: Will now despawn while not in the Abyss or if the player moves extremely far away.
- 1.4.2.002: Reduced Halibut Cannon drop rate from 1% to 0.01% .
- 1.4.1.003: Increased minimum coin drop amount from 25 to 25 .
- 1.4.0.001: Nerfed damage reduction from 10% to 5%.
- Can now drop Depth Cells after defeating Calamitas.
- Now takes 50% damage from most vanilla minions if the player is wearing Statis' Belt of Curses.
- 1.3.0.001: Introduced.