Providence, the Profaned Goddess
|Environment||The Underworld – The Hallow|
120 / 192 / 220 / 236 / 330 (Holy Fire)
140 / 228 / 252 / 264 / 378 (Holy Bomb)
140 / 228 / 252 / 264 / 378 (Molten Blast, Crystal Shard)
105 / 171 / 189 / 198 / 284 (Molten Glob)
140 / 220 / 244 / 256 / 366 (Holy Spear)
140 / 220 / 244 / 256 / 366 (Cocoon Star)
-35 / -50 / 0 (Cocoon Healing Star)
150 / 264 / 288 / 300 / 432 (Holy Blast)
200 / 400 / 440 / 464 / 660 (Holy Ray)
All damage ×2 (At Night)
|Max Life||312,500 / 500,000 / 600,000 / 750,000 / 900,000|
|Inflicts debuff||Holy Flames|
|Debuff duration||10 seconds (Day Holy Ray)|
8 seconds (Day Holy Blast)
4 seconds (Day Holy Bomb, Day Molten Blast)
3 seconds (Day Holy Flare, Day Holy Spear)
2 seconds (Day Holy Flame, Day Molten Glob)
|Debuff tooltip||Dissolving from holy light|
|Debuff duration||10 seconds (Night Holy Ray)|
8 seconds (Night Holy Blast)
4 seconds (Night Holy Bomb, Night Molten Blast)
3 seconds (Night Holy Flare, Night Holy Spear)
2 seconds (Night Holy Flame, Night Molten Glob)
|Debuff tooltip||Incinerated by lunar rays|
|Inflicts debuff||Icarus' Folly|
|Debuff duration||50 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||Your wing time is reduced by 33%, infinite flight is disabled.|
|Inflicts debuff||Holy Inferno|
|Debuff duration||Infinite (Too far away)|
|Debuff tooltip||You've gone too far from the Profaned Goddess!|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Rune of Kos(Always on first kill)100%
- Divine Geode (25-30 / 30-40 )100%
- Unholy Essence (20-30 / 25-35 )100%
- Supreme Healing Potion (5-15)100%
- Providence, the Profaned Goddess (Lore)(Always on first kill)100%
- Profaned Moonlight Dye(When defeated at Night) (4)100%
- Treasure Bag(Providence, the Profaned Goddess)
Defeating Providence will provide the player with Divine Geodes, as well as the Rune of Kos used to summon the Sentinels of the Devourer. Additionally, Uelibloom Ore will generate in the world, and the Ravager and Brimstone Crag enemies will be buffed and start to drop Bloodstone.
Providence does not spawn on her own and requires the player to summon her with the Profaned Core while in The Hallow or The Underworld biome. Her battle will change significantly depending on whether she is summoned at Day or at Night.
When summoned, a brief animation plays where Providence appears in a multicolored aurora of light before attacking; the aurora will be yellow and pink if summoned in The Hallow, red and yellow if summoned in the Underworld, or blue and purple if summoned at night. Providence will also play a sound resembling a fiery explosion instead of the regular boss roar.
Providence herself deals no contact damage, instead utilizing her wide array of projectiles to deal damage. Providence's attacks and behavior vary depending on which phase and health she is currently in. She switches through these multiple phases pseudo-randomly, spending several seconds in one before choosing another.
If the player exits the Hallow or the Underworld while fighting Providence, she will become more aggressive until they return. If still alive at nighttime, she will also act as if Boss Rush is active along with gaining a greenish-white tint to her crystals, projectiles, and wings.
In all Phases
- Providence and her attacks become more aggressive as her health gets lower.
- If the player exits the Hallow or the Underworld, any summoned Guardians will take very little damage from attacks until they return.
- Straying too far away from Providence will inflict the Holy Inferno debuff onto the player, causing them to visually burst into flames and take damage over time which exponentially increases in severity. This effect ends once the player returns to Providence's proximity.
- Upon reaching 75% of her full health, Providence can now use an attack depending on the biome she was summoned in.
- In the Underworld, Providence can now summon a Holy Crystal at certain points in her attack pattern that follows directly above the player.
- In the Hallow, Providence is capable of entering her Holy Ray Phase.
- When reaching 34% of her full health, Providence will spawn the Profaned Guardians. These Guardians do not attack or deal damage, and passively orbit around Providence while providing her buffs to her stats while alive.
- While the Offense Guardian is alive, Providence will deal 25% increased damage, indicated by a blazing light within her core.
- While the Defense Guardian is alive, Providence's defense will be doubled to 100, indicated by a flaming shield around her body.
- While the Healer Guardian is alive, Providence will recover 0.5% of her maximum health (1,563 / 2,500 / 3,000 HP) every 1.5 / 1 seconds.
- Providence's delay between attacks will increase by 15% for every Profaned Guardian active.
- Upon reaching 15% of her maximum health, Providence attacks more aggressively and uses every attack possible towards the player.
- Providence flies back and forth above the player and fires massive Holy Blasts that erupt into Holy Flames on impact. The Holy Flames spread out in all directions before briefly homing in on the player. The blasts inflict Holy Flames for 8 seconds, whereas the flames inflict it for 2 seconds.
- Providence flies directly above the player and drops Holy Flames that stop in the air, then split into more Holy Flames which travel either horizontally or vertically.
- Providence hides in her cocoon, increasing her DR to 90%, and reducing the distance needed to trigger the Holy Inferno debuff if the Profaned Guardians are not alive.
- While hiding in her cocoon she can do one of two attacks.
- She emits waves of damaging Cocoon Stars in all directions, with additional stars fired directly at the player. The number of stars increases as she loses health.
- She fires barrages of Holy Spears from herself in a pattern; one barrage is directed towards the player, is slower and has a different color. Holy Spears inflict Holy Flames for 3 seconds.
- After the Cocoon Star attack ends, a status message stating "Holy flames burn at your wings..." appears in the chat and the Icarus' Folly debuff is applied to all players near the boss for 50 seconds. Icarus' Folly cripples mobility by decreasing wing flight time by 33%, and blocking infinite flight. It can be avoided if the player is submerged in Water or Honey while she is inflicting the debuff.
- Providence flies directly above the player and drops Holy Bombs that linger in place. Holy Bombs continually emit Holy Flares that drift towards the player. Holy Bombs inflict Holy Flames for 4 seconds, whereas the Holy Flares inflict it for 3 seconds.
- This attack is similar to that of a Profaned Energy.
- Providence flies back and forth above the player and fires Molten Blasts that explode on impact into several Molten Globs. The Molten Globs stay on the ground for some time and deal damage if touched. The Molten Blasts inflict Holy Flames for 4 seconds, whereas the Molten Globs inflict it for 3 seconds.
Holy Ray Phase
- Occurs when Providence drops below 75% health if she was summoned in the Hallow.
- Providence's DR is increased to 90%.
- Providence's movement speed will slow and she will begin to charge up energy. Then, shortly after, she fires a continuous Holy Ray from her core, aimed near the player. The ray sweeps across the area in an arc and deals massive damage on contact, as well as inflicting Holy Flames for 10 seconds.
In Expert Mode
- Providence moves slightly faster and has a slightly higher rate of fire.
- The Cocoon Healing Stars heal for 50 instead of 35.
- During her Holy Ray phase, Providence now fires two Holy Rays instead of one, which converge inward towards each other and leave a small gap in between.
- Providence's movement and firing methods during the Blast, Molten, and Bomb phases are modified.
- Providence continuously increases in speed when flying in the same direction for longer than 2.5 seconds, up to a maximum of roughly doubled speed, making running and kiting strategies more difficult.
- She returns to normal speed upon changing direction.
- The Healer Guardian heals Providence every 1 seconds instead of 1.5.
In Death Mode
- Providence has a new, different attack pattern which is significantly more difficult and harder to predict.
- She has decreased attack delay as her HP decreases.
- She will no longer summon Cocoon Healing Stars while hiding in her cocoon.
- The crystal will disappear after 35 seconds instead of a minute.
- Providence's flames and projectiles are greenish-white instead of orange.
- All of Providence's attacks have their base damage doubled.
- Providence gains Reactive Damage Reduction.
- All difficulty mode changes, regardless of the world's difficulty mode.
- Providence always acts as if she is in both the Hallow and the Underworld, and is therefore able to both summon the crystal and enter her Holy Ray phase.
- Providence can use her crystal and Holy Ray attacks regardless of health.
- The Holy Ray fires 4 converging lasers instead of 2 below 50% health.
- The crystal will disappear after 3.5 seconds, firing small shards every 0.5 seconds, 10 times faster than during the day.
- She moves even faster and has an even higher rate of fire.
- She takes one less second to switch between each phase.
- Her attacks will inflict Nightwither instead of Holy Flames.
- She loses the ability to spawn Profaned Guardians.
On the For the worthy seed
- She is 75% smaller.
- Has greatly increased speed.
During the Boss Rush
- All difficulty mode changes, regardless of the world's difficulty mode.
- Providence always acts as if she is in both the Hallow and the Underworld, and is therefore able to summon the crystal and enter her Holy Ray phase.
- She will no longer become enraged when outside of those biomes.
- She moves even faster and has an even higher rate of fire.
- Providence takes 20% damage from the Hell's Sun's spiky ball.
- When Providence is killed, a brief animation will play where she releases a large shockwave as her core shatters, becomes engulfed in harsh flames, and promptly explodes into a blinding flash of light and multicolored sparkles.
- If she is defeated in The Underworld, she leaves her drops in a floating, fully-enclosed frame of Profaned Rock.
- Once defeated, Uelibloom Ore will be generated in Mud Blocks throughout the world.
- Enemies within the Brimstone Crag are buffed and begin dropping Bloodstone.
- Scryllars will begin dropping the Guidelight of Oblivion.
- The Ravager is also buffed and begins dropping Necromantic Geodes instead of Fleshy Geodes, alongside the Bloodflare Core.
- Brimstone Crates will contain Bloodstone, Hallowed Crates and Divine Crates will contain Unholy Essence, and Jungle Crates and Bramble Crates will contain Uelibloom Ores and Bars.
- Bloodfins can now be caught when fishing in the Brimstone Crag.
- As the Healer Guardian restores her health, her attacks reduce in aggressiveness.
- If she is brought back above 75% health, the giant crystal will disappear shortly after and she will no longer enter her Holy Ray Phase until she is brought back below 75% health.
- While Providence is alive, the world is tinted an orange color. This will only happen if the Lighting option in the Settings Menu is set to "Color" or "White".
- If it is night, the world is instead tinted a blue color.
- During her spawn animation, she will have significant amounts of damage reduction to prevent players from taking advantage of it.
- Whether Providence drops the Elysian Wings or Elysian Aegis is based off of which biome Providence is summoned in.
- The Elysian Aegis will not drop if Providence was summoned in the Hallow, even if the player was also considered to be within the Underworld when Providence was summoned.
- However, Providence will drop both items when defeated entirely at night, regardless of the biome she was spawned in.
- If Providence takes any damage during the day, her night-exclusive items will not drop.
- When Providence is defeated, the remaining Profaned Guardians will immediately vanish.
- For more elaborate strategies on defeating Providence, the Profaned Goddess, including weapon and arena recommendations, see Guide:Providence, the Profaned Goddess strategies.
- Pay close attention to your surroundings. This fight can potentially be very chaotic and hard to manage, so extra care must be taken to keeping track of and dodging projectiles, even those not currently on the screen.
- When Providence enters her Cocoon Phase, she will hide in her cocoon and emanate waves of stars or spears. Try not to stray too far away from her during this phase, as the projectiles speed up over time and can become very hard to dodge, in addition to the Holy Inferno debuff potentially dealing massive damage if the player strays too far. However, take care not to stay too close, as the projectiles will be too close together to dodge.
- If the player is confident in their dodging abilities, they can try to weave between the projectiles and run into the green healing stars to restore some HP. Note that in Death Mode the healing green stars are not present.
- When Providence is in her Holy Ray Phase, her movement speed will drastically decrease, the player should use this to their advantage to easily dodge it.
- Dodging the ray should be the player's primary objective during this phase due to the fact that the ray can quickly deplete the player's health, and during this phase, Providence will take minimal damage from the player due to her increased defensive stats.
- Similar to the Moon Lord's Phantasmal Deathray, Providence's Holy Rays cannot pass through blocks, making blocks useful for dodging.
- The Rod of Discord or the Normality Relocator can be used to dodge the rays if needed.
- Having a multi-layered arena can make the fight much easier as the player can land on platforms to reset their flight time.
- This is especially valuable when the player is afflicted with the Icarus' Folly debuff as it offsets the hampered mobility and helps avoid the molten globs.
- Placing actuated hallowed blocks in the middle of the player's arena can ensure that the player stays in the Hallow while fighting Providence.
- Attacks will have little effect on Providence and summons will not attack her while she is firing her Holy Rays or in her Cocoon Phase, so it is better to wait to use Rage and Adrenaline until immediately afterwards.
- Running slowly in a horizontal straight line can help dodge the crystal at night.
- The Bestiary entry for Providence, the Profaned Goddess: "In a time lost to memory, there were four visionaries. With righteous fury, they slew a dragon, and their leader gorged Herself upon its auric soul of Flame. "The world is without guidance, and its people are filled with darkness." She said. There was silence, until Providence spoke once more. "Let us go forth, and light the world anew." And it was so."
- Providence's theme is Unholy Insurgency, which was made by the artist DM DOKURO.
- The definition of insurgency is "an active revolt or uprising," so the name of the song could refer to the player rising up to strike down Providence or Providence rising up to cleanse the world of all sin.
- If the Calamity Music add-on mod is disabled, the Moon Lord's theme will play instead.
- The old theme for Providence used to be the track Adventure's End from the game Mario & Luigi: Dream Team. This was changed due to copyright-related reasons.
- A few weeks before Unholy Insurgency was introduced, Providence's theme was changed to Siren's Call (Seafoam Mix), which was also composed by DM DOKURO.
- The word "Providence" is often used as a name synonymous with God, particularly the Christian God.
- The name of the debuff "Icarus' Folly" references Icarus from Greek mythology, who used wings created with wax to achieve flight. However, he tested his limits and flew too close to the sun, melting his wings and causing him to fall back to Earth to his death.
- She was previously named "Providence, the Profaned God". This was changed due to Providence being referred to as female in lore entries and by the developers, and "goddess" is the feminine word for "god".
- If the Boss Checklist Mod is installed, her unique despawn message will be "The Profaned Goddess veils herself in purifying flame, leaving only ashes behind..."
- Decreased Boss Checklist Mod difficulty value from 19.01 to 19.
- Changed Boss Checklist Mod despawn message from "The Profaned Goddess vanishes in a burning blaze." to "The Profaned Goddess veils herself in purifying flame, leaving only ashes behind…"
- Her and all Profaned Guardians now properly display vanilla debuff colors and Hunter Potion effects.
- Fixed crystal attacks not functioning properly in multiplayer.
- Cocoon attacks no longer prevent homing projectiles from targeting the boss.
- Molten Blasts and Holy Blasts travel through tiles until they intersect with the player's original position when the projectile was fired.
- Molten Blasts and Holy Blasts no longer die immediately upon touching water/lava.
- Molten Blobs float to the top of water/lava.
- Added outlines to all fire projectiles.
- Now has a visual shield around her while the defender is alive and a pulsating star in her center while the attacker is alive, showing that her defense and attack are being buffed respectively.
- The Underworld biome now takes priority over the Hallow biome for her behavior and drops.
- Holy Inferno no longer reduces the player's movement speed.
- Changed Bestiary entry from "A deity of stone and fire. Her flame burns for one reason alone— to cleanse the world of its sinful existence, and to purify those who live upon it." to "A deity of stone and fire. Her flame burns for one reason alone— to cleanse the world of life, so that all may suffer no longer."
- Holy Blasts now explode into an even spread of fire. Decreased fire count from 8 to 6 during the day, 10 to 8 during the night.
- No longer inflicts Holy Inferno during her death animation.
- Now drops 4 Profaned Moonlight Dye at night instead of 3-4.
- Changed the status message from "The air is burning..." to "Holy flames burn away at your wings...".
- Changed the death animation sound.
- Now takes 20% damage from Hell's Sun.
- 2.0.0.003: Fixed her not dropping Divine Geodes in Classic Mode.
- Now drops 3 .
- No longer becomes invulnerable if the player leaves the Hallow or Underworld for 5 seconds. Instead, she will now become more aggressive.
- Renamed the Profaned Guardians in the fight to 'Providence Offense", "Providence Defender" and "Providence Healer".
- Fixed an issue that caused her to not drop loot in multiplayer.
- Nerfed health from 330,000 / 528,000 / 600,000 to 312,500 / 500,000 / 600,000 .
- Buffed Holy Blast damage from 130 / 208 / 228 / 240 to 150 / 264 / 288 / 300 .
- Buffed Molten Blast damage from 110 / 168 / 196 / 208 to 140 / 228 / 252 / 264 .
- Changed Molten Blob damage from 110 / 168 / 196 / 208 to 105 / 171 / 189 / 198 .
- Buffed Holy Bomb damage from 120 / 192 / 220 / 236 to 140 / 228 / 252 / 264 .
- Nerfed Holy Flare damage from 120 / 192 / 220 / 236 to 105 / 171 / 189 / 198 .
- Buffed Holy Spear damage from 130 / 208 / 228 / 240 to 140 / 220 / 244 / 256 .
- No longer reduces the effectiveness of Cursed Inferno's damage reduction loss.
- The defensive Profaned Guardian now orbits around Providence instead of attacking the player. It no longer deals contact damage. While the defensive guardian is alive, Providence's defense is multiplied by 2.
- Changed the healer Profaned Guardian's health from 30,000 to 15,000 / 30,000 . It now orbits around Providence in a fixed circular path. The time taken to heal Providence no longer changes with the amount of Profaned Guardians alive. Decrease time taken to heal from 2 / 1.5 seconds to 1.5 / 1 .
- The offensive Profaned Guardian now orbits around Providence instead of aggressively attacking the player. It no longer deals contact damage or spawns flare dust. While the offensive guardian is alive, Providence's damage is multiplied by 1.25.
- Decreased Providence's attack delay while Profaned Guardians are alive from 1.25, 1.5, and 2 to 1.15, 1.3, and 1.45 while 1, 2, and 3 Profaned Guardians are alive respectively.
- No longer moves at half speed while firing the Holy Ray when the Profaned Guardians are alive. Decreased Holy Ray velocity reduction per amount of Profaned Guardian alive.
- Can now aim Cocoon Stars at the player while Profaned Guardians are alive.
- Cocoon Star attack now deals 140 / 220 / 244 / 256 damage instead of 100 / 150 / 180 / 200 . It no longer ignores player defensive stats or immunity frames. Increased Holy Flames or Nightwither duration from 1 second to 3.
- Healing stars no longer heal the player while the player has immunity frames.
- Molten Blobs now inflict defense damage and share a similar immunity frame system to other projectiles in the fight.
- Now vulnerable to cold and water debuffs, but resistant to sickness and heat debuffs.
- Now has a death animation.
- Now drops Blazing Core regardless of world difficulty.
- Added Profaned Moonlight Dye to her Boss Checklist loot list.
- Nerfed health from 440,000 / 704,000 / 800,000 to 330,000 / 528,000 / 600,000 .
- Nerfed Boss Rush health from 12,500,000 / 20,000,000 to 1,250,000 / 2,000,000 .
- Nerfed damage reduction from 35% to 30%.
- Nerfed Offensive Guardian health from 42,500 / 85,000 to 31,875 / 63,750 .
- Nerfed Defensive Guardian health from 25,000 / 50,000 to 18,750 / 37,500 .
- Nerfed Healer Guardian health from 40,000 to 30,000, and defense from 35 to 30. Buffed damage reduction from 15% to 20%.
- No longer immune to any debuffs except Confused, Pearl Aura, Holy Flames, and Nightwither.
- Day and Night Cocoon stars now reset the Adrenaline Meter if they contact the player. This change does not affect the Healing Cocoon stars.
- Healing Cocoon stars now have a 25% / 16.67% / 12.5% / 0% chance to spawn during the cocoon phase instead of a static 25% chance in Normal, Expert, and Revengeance Mode.
- Healing Cocoon stars are now more vibrant.
- Non-healing Cocoon stars are now rotated by 45 degrees.
- Holy Bomb and Flare projectiles now use a circular hitbox.
- All Guardians now have map icons.
- Loot will now only spawn in a box in the Underworld biome. Decreased box size by 67%.
- When afflicted by Holy Inferno, the player is marked with a flaming icon instead of reducing vision.
- No longer takes 50% more damage from Elemental Axe minions.
- Hit sound now has a slight delay.
- Projectiles now inflict Holy Flames for 3 seconds instead of 2-5. Holy Ray beam now inflicts Holy Flames for 7 seconds instead of 5.
- In multiplayer, she can now target and fire projectiles at multiple players at once. This is capped at 5 players.
- Holy Inferno now decreased player movement speed by 25% when inflicted.
- Nerfed Icarus' Folly flight time penalty from 75% to 33%.
- Now drops Supreme Healing Potions.
- Projectiles now create less dust.
- Fixed several desync issues.
- Shader darkness effect now acts as if it's at max distance during all attacks while any Profaned Guardian is alive.
- Fixed a bug with the shader darkness where Holy Inferno would be inflicted before the shader became fully dark.
- 1.4.5.005: Increased the distance the player needs to be before the screen shader becomes black during fight.
- Molten Blobs now last 15 seconds on the ground instead of 20.
- Holy Spears can no longer slightly home in on the player.
- Death Mode no longer multiplies the rate at which holy spears are fired by 2.
- Screen shader now gradually grows brighter when the player gets within 20 tiles of her Holy Inferno debuff distance. The screen shader is at max brightness while the player is too far away and will be inflicted with Holy Inferno.
- Providence at nighttime now fires 4 lasers during her scissor laser attack.
- Fixed a bug that prevented nighttime form from spawning the crystal rock.
- Fixed a bug that prevented her from correctly executing her scissor laser attack.
- Attack delay now decreases as her health decreases in Death Mode.
- Buffed Offense Profaned Guardian Flare Dust damage from 140 / 220 / 242 / 255 to 140 / 220 / 244 / 256 .
- Nerfed Defense Profaned Guardian contact damage from 100 / 200 / 229 / 248 to 100 / 200 / 220 / 232 .
- Nerfed Holy Fire damage from 120 / 192 / 220 / 238 to 120 / 192 / 220 / 236 .
- Buffed Molten Blast damage from 110 / 168 / 193 / 208 to 110 / 168 / 196 / 208 .
- Buffed Molten Glob damage from 110 / 168 / 193 / 208 to 110 / 168 / 196 / 208 .
- Nerfed Holy Bomb damage from 120 / 192 / 220 / 238 to 120 / 192 / 220 / 236 .
- Nerfed Holy Blast damage from 130 / 208 / 228 / 241 to 130 / 208 / 228 / 240 .
- Nerfed Holy Spear damage from 130 / 208 / 228 / 241 to 130 / 208 / 228 / 240 .
- Changed Cocoon Star damage from 100 / 150 / 200 to 100 / 150 / 180 / 200 .
- Buffed Crystal Shard damage from 140 / 228 / 250 / 264 to 140 / 228 / 252 / 264 .
- Now immune to Nightwither.
- Now drops both Elysian Aegis and Elysian Wings when defeated entirely at nighttime, regardless of the biome the player is in.
- Updated various aurora visuals.
- Resprited Icarus' Folly.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to crash when summoned in the Underworld.
- Fixed an oversight that allowed her to drop Profaned Moonlight Dye regardless if damage was dealt at daytime.
- Added the ability to fight Providence at night. During the night, Providence has a modified and more intense AI.
- There is now a 2-second delay before she can use another attack after finishing a cocoon phase.
- The cocoon flame and spear attacks are now more pattern-based.
- Molten Phase no longer occurs in Normal Mode.
- Now has a unique summoning animation that plays when the Profaned Core is used.
- Guardians now inflict Holy Flames for 5 seconds on contact instead of On Fire! for 10 seconds.
- No longer immune to Ichor or War Cleave.
- Now drops Profaned Moonlight Dye when defeated entirely at nighttime.
- Increased Divine Geode drop amount from 10-15 / 15-25 to 15-20 / 20-30 .
- 1.4.4.003: Resprited Holy Inferno.
- 1.4.4.002: Now takes 50% more damage from Elemental Axe.
- 1.4.4.001: Now has a glowmask.
- Buffed base damage reduction from 25% to 35%.
- Reordered attack pattern.
- Cocoon flames now move inwards if the player is too close to Providence.
- Holy Flares now last 14 seconds instead of 10.
- Now despawns her Holy Flares and Holy Fire projectiles when she goes into a cocoon phase.
- Attack rates now scale with active guardians at 20% health instead of 25% .
- Her and offensive guardian are no longer immune to Astral Infection, Betsy's Curse, or Celled.
- Healer and defender guardians are no longer immune to Astral Infection, Betsy's Curse, Celled, or Oiled.
- Nerfed defensive Profaned Guardian's contact damage from 100 / 200 / 250 / 287 to 100 / 200 / 220 / 232 .
- Nerfed offensive Profaned Guardian's contact damage from 120 / 240 / 300 / 345 to 120 / 240 / 264 / 278 .
- Nerfed holy bomb and holy fire damage from 120 / 192 / 240 / 276 to 120 / 192 / 220 / 238 .
- Nerfed molten blast and molten blob damage from 110 / 168 / 210 / 241 to 110 / 168 / 193 / 208 .
- Nerfed holy blast and holy spear damage from 130 / 208 / 260 / 299 to 130 / 208 / 228 / 241 .
- Nerfed crystal shard damage from 140 / 228 / 285 / 327 to 140 / 228 / 250 / 264 .
- Nerfed holy ray damage from 200 / 400 / 500 / 575 to 200 / 400 / 440 / 464 .
- Now only drops Rune of Kos on the first kill.
- Death Mode changes:
- Attack rate stops decreasing proportional to the amount of guardians when below 25% health instead of 15%.
- Can use the Holy Ray or Crystal immediately instead of below 75% health.
- Decreased healing rate on Healer Guardian by 50%.
- Moves at the highest speed immediately, instead of gradually speeding up as health lowers.
- Fires all projectiles at the highest rate and speed immediately, instead of gradually increasing rate and speed as health lowers.
- Now has unique spawn, hit, laser, and death sound effects.
- Now forcibly classified as organic for the purposes of finite use weaponry.
- Buffed Holy Blast damage from 126 / 184 to 130 / 208 , Holy Fire damage from 118 / 160 to 120 / 192 , Molten Blast damage from 156 to 168 , Holy Bomb damage from 176 to 192 , Holy Shot damage from 192 to 208 , and crystal's damage from 208 to 228 .
- Buffed the offensive guardian's contact damage from 100 / 200 to 120 / 240 , and defense from 30 to 40.
- Buffed the defensive guardian's contact damage from 80 / 160 to 100 / 200 , and defense from 40 to 50.
- Buffed the healer guardian's defense from 30 to 35.
- Nerfed Cocoon Flame damage in Death Mode from 300 to 200.
- Speed and projectile fire rates are now reduced for each Profaned Guardian alive.
- Crystal and Holy Ray attacks are now exclusive to the Underworld and the Hallow respectively. Both attacks can still occur at once in Boss Rush.
- In Revengeance Mode, she now shoots two Holy Rays that rotate towards each other until leaving a small space.
- If she is inside of tiles, the Holy Rays can go through tiles.
- Now moves further horizontally while she is firing Molten Blasts and Holy Bombs. However, she cannot fire them while directly over the player.
- Now moves slower during her Holy Ray, and will move even slower for each Profaned Guardian alive.
- Cocoon flames now last 4 seconds instead of 5.
- Increased spread of crystal shards, and each wave of shards now has 14 shards instead of 10.
- Crystal shards now ignore tiles for 5 seconds instead of 8, and fall faster in Revengeance Mode.
- Cocoon flames are now instantly opaque instead of fading in.
- Holy Fire, Holy Flare, and Holy Spear projectiles now pierce through the player.
- Holy Shot are now slightly transparent to differentiate them from the aimed spears.
- The offensive and defense guardians no longer shoot spears.
- The offensive guardian's Flare Dusts no longer produce dust and have a significantly smaller explosion.
- Reduced screen shader intensity.
- Icarus' Folly no longer multiplies the player's horizontal speed by 0.99 every frame, now sets the player's flight time to 400 instead of 100 if they have over 400 flight time, and now reduces flight time by 50% instead of 66%. The debuff can now also be cancelled out by water.
- Resprited Holy Inferno.
- Fixed Holy Laser offset on her.
- Can now be lifestealed off of while not in either of her cocoon phases.
- Can now drop Elysian Aegis and Elysian Wings in Normal Mode.
- Now drops biome exclusive drops for all players in multiplayer.
- Spears now have afterimages.
- Now immune to Coldheart Icicle.
- All three guardians now become completely invincible when enraged instead of setting their defense values to 99,999.
- Tweaked sky shader color.
- Now heals more quickly the more guardians there are alive.
- Molten Blobs are now larger.
- Fixed offensive guardian latching onto the player and stun locking them.
- 1.4.2.002: Fixed an error where the internal value for it wasn't resetting.
- Buffed health from 264,500 / 423,300 / 478,400 / 644,000 to 440,000 / 704,000 / 800,000 / 1,144,000 .
- Buffed Boss Rush health from 17,600,000 to 19,200,000 .
- Buffed offensive guardian's health from 37,500 / 75,000 to 42,500 / 85,000 , contact damage from 80 / 160 to 100 / 200 , spear damage from 96 / 132 to 118 / 160 , and flare dust damage from 112 / 152 to 118 / 160 .
- Buffed defensive guardian's health from 21,875 / 43,750 to 25,000 / 50,000 , and spear damage from 96 / 132 to 118 / 160 .
- Buffed healer guardian's health from 37,500 / 75,000 to 40,000 / 80,000 .
- Now starts attacking more often below 15% health instead of 25%.
- Guardians are now only spawned once during the fight.
- No longer becomes invincible during the guardian phase.
- Now moves vertically towards the player quicker while firing her Holy Ray.
- Projectiles no longer gain extra damage once she starts attacking more often.
- Projectiles are now shot more rapidly once she's at or below 10% health instead of just below 10% health.
- Increased distance before attack pattern is reset.
- Crystal now lasts for 60 / 35 seconds instead of 65.
- Molten Blobs now have an immunity frame cooldown slot of 0 instead of 1.
- Projectiles now have more descriptive names.
- Can no longer be lifestealed off of.
- Offensive guardian now has afterimages.
- The offensive guardian now gains increased contact damage depending on which attack it's performing.
- Decreased minimum coin drop count from 1 to 50 .
- Guardians now have gores.
- Fixed negative healing flames not killing the player in Armageddon.
- Decreased minimum coin drop amount from 3 to 1 .
- All of her Guardians no longer drop money.
- Now starts attacking more frequently at 25% health instead of 50%, and smoothened movement during laser attack.
- Buffed Boss Rush health from 9,000,000 / 14,400,000 / 15,840,000 to 10,000,000 / 16,000,000 / 17,600,000 .
- Buffed offensive guardian's Boss Rush health from 200,000 / 400,000 / 500,000 to 400,000 / 800,000 / 1,000,000 .
- Buffed defensive guardian's Boss Rush health from 150,000 / 300,000 / 360,000 to 300,000 / 600,000 / 720,000 .
- Buffed healer guardian's Boss Rush health from 200,000 / 400,000 / 500,000 to 400,000 / 800,000 / 1,000,000 .
- No longer takes 12.5% damage from Crystal Bullet shards, Holy Arrow stars, split Terra Arrows, and split Terra Bullets.
- No longer takes 50% damage from ranged projectiles while Vortex armor's stealth ability is active.
- Increased Holy Flames duration from Holy Blasts from 2 seconds to 4.
- Increased Holy Flames duration from Holy Bombs and Molten Blasts from 2 seconds to 3.
- Decreased Holy Flames duration from Molten Blobs from 2 seconds to 1.5.
- Holy Spears and laser now inflict Holy Flames.
- Icarus' Folly is now applied to all players in multiplayer instead of just the player that Providence is targeting.
- The defensive and offensive guardians' spears now inflict Holy Flames.
- The offensive guardian's flares no longer inflict Holy Flames.
- Holy Inferno's death messages now have periods.
- Fixed Holy Inferno calling her by her old name.
- 1.4.0.002: Can now slowly glide while firing Holy Laser.
- Nerfed offensive Guardian damage reduction from 45% to 30%, defensive Guardian damage reduction from 60% to 40%, and healer Guardian damage reduction from 30% to 15%.
- Tweaked projectile fire rates.
- 18.104.22.168: Resprited gores.
- Buffed health from 230,000 / 368,000 / 416,000 / 560,000 to 264,500 / 423,200 / 478,400 / 644,000 .
- Nerfed damage reduction from 40% (33% while inflicted with Cursed Inferno or Ichor), to 25% (20% while inflicted with Cursed Inferno or Ichor).
- Buffed damage reduction in cocoon phase while inflicted with Cursed Inferno or Ichor from 83% to 85%.
- Box spawned after being defeated is now made of Profaned Rock instead of Lihzahrd Brick.
- Renamed from "Providence, the Profaned God" to "Providence, the Profaned Goddess".
- Nerfed Death Mode health from 800,000 to 560,000 .
- Nerfed offensive guardian's health from 40,000 / 80,000 to 37,500 / 75,000 .
- Buffed defensive guardian's health from 20,000 / 40,000 to 21,875 / 43,750 .
- Buffed healer guardian's health from 30,000 / 60,000 to 37,500 / 75,000 .
- Increased offensive guardian's speed.
- Increased minimum distance required for the player to be inflicted with Holy Inferno.
- Her and her guardians are longer immune to Cursed Inferno.
- Now takes 12.5% damage from Crystal Bullet shards, Holy Arrow stars, split Terra Arrows, and split Terra Bullets instead of 25%.
- No longer takes 70% damage from Galactus Blade's comets.
- Tweaked damage resistance formula.
- Added two new attacks:
- Providence will stop in place and fire a sweeping Holy Ray.
- Providence will spawn a crystal above the player that shoots spreads of gravity-affected crystals.
- Changed the positions in which the Profaned Guardians spawn.
- Tweaked how fast she moves vertically when despawning.
- Now takes 25% damage from Crystal Bullet shards, Holy Arrow stars, split Terra Arrows, and split Terra Bullets.
- Now takes 70% damage from Galactus Blade's comets.
- Added two new attacks:
- 1.3.3.002: Tweaked holy blasts' dust.
- Buffed health from 200,000 / 320,000 / 352,000 / 720,000 to 230,000 / 368,000 / 416,000 / 800,000 .
- Buffed offensive guardian's health from 35,000 / 70,000 to 40,000 / 80,000 .
- Buffed defender guardian's health from 17,000 / 34,000 to 20,000 / 40,000 .
- Can now drop Divine Geodes in Normal Mode.
- Her and her three guardians are no longer immune to Abyssal Flames, Armor Crunch, Demon Flames, God Slayer Inferno, Nightwither, Shred, or Whispering Death.
- Swapped the sprites for the offensive and defender guardians.
- No longer disables wiring.
- Resprited map icon.
- Nerfed holy flame damage from 200 / 260 / 273 / 390 to 118 / 160 / 168 / 240 .
- Nerfed holy blast damage from 220 / 288 / 302 / 432 to 126 / 184 / 193 / 276 .
- Nerfed molten blast damage from 210 / 280 / 294 / 420 to 110 / 156 / 163 / 234 .
- Nerfed holy bomb damage from 200 / 260 / 273 / 390 to 120 / 176 / 184 / 264 .
- Nerfed cocoon spear damage from 220 / 288 / 302 / 432 to 130 / 192 / 201 / 288 .
- Nerfed Offensive Guardian contact damage from 120 / 240 to 80 / 160 , and flare damage from 220 / 280 / 294 / 420 to 112 / 152 / 159 / 228 .
- Nerfed Defender Guardian contact damage from 100 / 200 to 80 / 160 .
- Nerfed Profaned Guardian spear damage from 200 / 240 / 252 / 360 to 96 / 132 / 138 / 198 .
- Reduced screen shader effect.
- Now spawns Uelibloom Ore when defeated.
- Fixed a size scaling bug.
- Now hovers back and forth during all non-cocoon phases instead of hovering directly above the player in some of them.
- Now takes 6 seconds to become invulnerable to damage when out of the Hallow or Underworld instead of instantly becoming invincible.
- Optimized the code for most of her projectiles.
- Holy Bombs now last 4.17 seconds instead of 8.
- Holy Bombs now shoot flares twice as often.
- Holy Fire projectiles now briefly home in on the player.
- Tweaked Holy Flare projectile's velocity.
- Holy Flare projectiles now last 10 seconds instead of 5 and now have an added extra update.
- Increased the spread of the Molten Blobs created by Molten Blasts.
- Increased the y velocity of Molten Blobs.
- Buffed healer guardian's health from 15,000 / 30,000 to 30,000 / 60,000 .
- Healer guardian no longer deals contact damage.
- Cut the distance it takes for players to be inflicted with the Holy Inferno debuff in half.
- Decreased offensive guardian's speed, attack, and general aggressiveness.
- Increased defensive guardian's speed.
- 22.214.171.124: Reduced the strength of Icarus' Folly's horizontal velocity.
- Nerfed offensive guardian's health from 50,000 / 70,000 to 35,000 / 70,000 , and changed contact damage from 140 / 196 to 120 / 240 .
- Nerfed defensive guardian's health from 25,000 / 35,000 to 17,000 / 34,000 , but buffed contact damage from 100 / 140 to 100 / 200 .
- Changed healer guardian's health from 20,000 / 28,000 to 15,000 / 30,000 , and buffed contact damage from 95 / 133 to 100 / 200 .
- Buffed Death Mode health from 518,400 to 1,160,000 .
- Nerfed holy blast damage from 260 / 328 / 410 / 492 to 220 / 288 / 360 / 432 .
- Nerfed holy bomb damage from 240 / 280 / 350 / 420 to 200 / 260 / 325 / 390 .
- Nerfed holy fire damage from 250 / 300 / 375 / 450 to 200 / 260 / 325 / 390 .
- Nerfed holy spear damage from 300 / 328 / 410 / 492 to 220 / 288 / 360 / 432 .
- Nerfed molten blast damage from 250 / 312 / 390 / 468 to 210 / 280 / 350 / 420 .
- Buffed guardian's spear damage from 160 / 260 / 325 / 390 to 200 / 240 / 300 / 360 .
- Buffed guardian's flare dust damage in Normal Mode from 170 to 220.
- 1.2.4.002: Buffed health from 205,000 / 220,000 / 265,000 to 285,000 / 300,000 / 324,000 .
- Renamed A Dunkin' Donut to A Profaned Guardian.
- Defensive guardian spears now spawn at 10 second intervals instead of 7 second intervals.
- Removed the Healer guardian's negative healing projectiles.
- Offensive guardian flares now spawn at 7 second intervals instead of 10 second intervals.
- Increased vertical acceleration speed.
- Icarus' Folly now cuts horizontal wing speed.
- Now disables wiring.
- Renamed each guardian from "A Profaned Guardian" to "A Dunkin' Donut".
- Now summons all 3 of her guardians at once for every 30% of her health lost.
- Now stops attacking as much when her guardians are alive.
- Now switches between phases twice as often in Death Mode.
- Now becomes invincible if any guardian is alive.
- Buffed offensive variant of A Dunkin' Donut's health from 40,000 / 56,000 to 50,000 / 70,000 .
- Nerfed defensive variant of A Dunkin' Donut's health from 30,000 / 42,000 to 20,000 / 28,000 .
- The defensive variant of A Dunkin' Donut can now fire a barrage of spears going in multiple directions.
- The healer variant of A Dunkin' Donut can now fire a cluster of homing orbs which negatively heal the player upon contact.
- 1.2.3.005: Now has a different order of attacks in Death Mode.
- Buffed holy blast damage from 184 / 312 / 390 to 260 / 328 / 410 , holy bomb damage from 168 / 264 / 330 to 240 / 280 / 350 , holy fire damage from 150 / 240 / 300 to 250 / 480 / 600 , holy spear damage from 168 / 264 / 330 to 300 / 328 / 410 , and molten blast damage in Normal Mode from 184 to 250.
- No longer deals contact damage.
- Holy fire is now shot in quicker succession.
- Holy flames from holy blasts now take a moment to gain speed, then rapidly accelerate.
- Molten blasts now last for less time.
- Now has a set pattern of attacks instead of choosing between them randomly.
- Molten blobs can now sit on platforms.
- Icarus' Folly is now inflicted for 25 seconds instead of 15.
- Now cancels Rain if it is currently occurring.
- Healing flames and negative healing flames now last 5 seconds instead of 8.
- Resprited spears.
- Introduced Holy Inferno.
- Nerfed health from 270,000 / 432,000 / 480,000 to 235,000 / 376,000 / 400,000 , and defense from 120 to 50.
- Added a new phase where Providence enters her cocoon stage and will shoot out Holy Spears towards the player while more Holy Spears spawn nearby and move horizontally.
- Decreased contact damage boosts based on guardians alive.
- Now inflicts Holy Inferno onto players far enough away from her.
- Now takes up 35 NPC slots instead of 20.
- Tweaked specialized damage resistance formula.
- Removed DPS cap.
- Nerfed offensive guardian's health from 70,000 / 98,000 to 50,000 / 70,000 , and defense from 58 to 30.
- Nerfed defense guardian's health from 50,000 / 70,000 to 40,000 / 56,000 , and defense from 88 to 40.
- Nerfed healer guardian's health from 30,000 / 42,000 to 20,000 / 28,000 , and defense from 38 to 30.
- Guardian negative healing orbs now last 5 seconds instead of 10.
- Guardians now despawn if Providence is defeated or despawns.
- Reduced the coin drop amounts for each guardian from 10 each to 5 each.
- Buffed Dungeon status message now has a period.
- Fixed her being unable to despawn properly.
- Buffed offensive guardian's damage reduction from 33% to 45%, and healer guardian's damage reduction from 25% to 33%.
- Tweaked specialized damage resistance formula.
- Attack pattern is now modified if any Profaned Guardian is alive.
- Offensive Guardian now inflicts Marked for Death for 3 seconds in Revengeance Mode.
- Now gets 440,000 health in Revengeance Mode.
- Nerfed contact damage from 130 / 208 to 120 / 192 .
- Offensive Guardian now has 33% damage reduction.
- Defensive Guardian now has 66% damage reduction.
- Healer Guardian now has 25% damage reduction.
- Profaned Guardians now give Providence boosts which scale with difficulty:
- If an offensive guardian is alive, she gets an attack boost.
- If a defense guardian is alive, she gets a defense boost.
- If a healer guardian is alive, she will slowly regenerate health.
- No longer gains 99,999 defense during her cocoon phases.
- No longer gets 120 defense during her holy fire, holy bomb, and molten blast phases.
- Now has a smaller chance of spawning negative healing flames.
- Increased both healing flame sizes.
- Negative healing flames now take 150 health from the player instead of 130.
- Now inflicts Icarus' Folly for 15 seconds instead of 10.
- Slightly decreased the offensive and healer guardian's speeds.
- Now despawns if the player gets too far away from her.
- Now uses Unholy Insurgency as her theme.
- No longer immune to Ichor.
- Now has a 2% chance to drop Laudanum or Stress Pills in Revengeance Mode.
- 126.96.36.1991: Now uses Siren's Call (Seafoam Mix) as her theme instead of Adventure's End.
- 188.8.131.521: Can now only be fought at day, and will flee and despawn at night.
- Nerfed health from 360,000 to 270,000, changed contact damage from 140 / 182 to 130 / 208 , and nerfed base defense from 150 to 120.
- Nerfed Holy Blast damage from 180 to 140, Holy Fire damage from 125 to 108, Molten Blast damage from 190 to 144, and Holy Bomb damage from 170 to 122.
- Changed offensive guardian's health from 80,000 / 96,000 to 70,000 / 98,000 , nerfed contact damage from 150 / 230 to 140 / 196 , buffed spear damage from 100 / 140 to 108 / 200 , and buffed flare dust's damage from 100 / 160 to 108 / 200 .
- Nerfed defense guardian's health from 60,000 / 72,000 to 50,000 / 70,000 , contact damage from 125 / 150 to 100 / 140 , and buffed spear damage from 100 / 140 to 108 / 200 .
- Nerfed healer guardian's health from 35,000 to 30,000, and buffed contact damage from 114 to 133 .
- Guardians are now immune to all debuffs.
- Lowered DPS cap.
- Negative healing flares now instantly kill the player if they are below 0 health.
- Holy Fires are now faster, and Molten Blobs now last 20 seconds instead of 5.
- All projectiles now produce less or no dust.
- All projectiles except Holy Spears now inflict Holy Flames for 2 seconds instead of 1.
- 184.108.40.2062: Now has gores.
- 220.127.116.111: Holy Blasts, Molten Blasts, and Molten Blobs now collide with liquids.
- 18.104.22.1689: Buffed offensive guardian's contact damage from 180 to 230 .
- 22.214.171.1242: Now has a DPS cap.
- Providence, her projectiles, and her guardians now use an immunity frame cooldown slot of 1 instead of the default 0.
- Now takes 50% damage from Vehemence and ranged projectiles while Vortex armor's stealth effect is active.
- Buffed defense from 100 to 150.
- Nerfed Holy Blast damage from 320 to 260 , Holy Fire damage from 260 to 200 , Molten Blast's damage from 320 to 260 , and Holy Bomb damage from 280 to 220 .
- Nerfed the offense and defense guardians' spear damage from 160 / 260 to 100 / 140 .
- Nerfed the offensive guardian's Flare Dust damage from 160 / 240 to 100 / 160 .
- All three guardians now take up 1 NPC slot each instead of 10.
- No longer despawns if the player leaves the Hallow or the Underworld.
- 126.96.36.199: Decreased the size of flare dust explosions from the main Profaned Guardian.
- Now despawns if brought out of the Hallow or the Underworld for too long.
- Fixed looping on Adventure's End.
- Buffed health from 350,000 / 420,000 to 360,000 / 432,000 , and contact damage from 90 / 108 to 110 / 132 .
- Buffed offensive guardian's health from 50,000 / 60,000 to 80,000 / 96,000 , contact damage from 100 / 120 to 150 / 180 , spear damage from 180 to 260 , and Flare Dust damage from 200 to 240 .
- Buffed defender guardian's health from 40,000 / 48,000 to 60,000 / 72,000 , contact damage from 100 / 120 to 125 / 150 , and spear damage from 180 to 260 .
- Buffed healer guardian's health from 25,000 / 30,000 to 35,000 / 42,000 , contact damage from 75 / 90 to 95 / 114 , and negative healing orb damage from 20 to 32.
- Buffed Holy Blast damage from 280 to 320 , Holy Fire damage from 200 to 260 , Molten Blast damage from 260 to 320 , Holy Bomb damage from 220 to 280 , and negative healing flame damage from 70 / 100 to 100 / 260 .
- Holy Blasts now last 2 seconds instead of 3.
- Icarus' Folly is now inflicted for 10 seconds instead of 8.
- Now cycles through phases about 50% quicker.
- Decreased size by 25%.
- The offensive guardian now takes up 1 NPC slot instead of 10.
- 1.1.7: Introduced.