|Use time||10 Fast|
|Tooltip||Summons Providence when used in the Hallow or Underworld|
Unique drop changes depending on the biome fought in
Enrages when fought during nighttime
'The heart of Her Guardians, Her wicked wrath shall burn upon whoever now wields it.'
The Profaned Core is a post-Moon Lord item used to summon Providence, the Profaned Goddess in the Underworld or Hallow. It is dropped by the Profaned Guardians. Attempting to use the item outside of the Hallow or Underworld biomes, while Providence is alive, or using it in a world that has no bosses defeated will cause it to do nothing.
- This item is one of the two boss summoning items that are neither crafted nor bought, the other being the Eidolon Tablet.
- This item used to be consumable with a non-consumable version being craftable using itself along with many Unholy Essences.
- 2.0.3.005: Changed flavor tooltip from "The core of the profaned flame" to "The heart of Her Guardians, Her wicked wrath shall burn upon whoever now wields it."
- 2.0.1.001: Changed the tooltip to mention Providence's unique drops.
- 2.0.0.001: Decreased use time from 45 to 10.
- 1.5.1.001: Tooltip now clarifies that it must be used in the Hallow or Underworld.
- Can no longer be used during Boss Rush.
- Removed the consumable variant.
- 1.4.2.004: Can no longer be used if a boss hasn't been defeated yet.
- 1.4.2.001: Non-consumable variant now uses 50 Unholy Essences in its recipe instead of 5 Divine Geodes.
- 1.4.1.003: Tooltip now mentions the name of what boss it spawns.
- 1.3.2.001: The non-consumable variant now uses 1 consumable Profaned Core in its recipe, but now uses 5 Divine Geodes.
- Introduced a non-consumable variant.
- No longer sold by the Wizard after defeating Providence.
- 1.2.1.007: Resprited.
- 1.2.0.004: Tooltip now specifies that it must be used at day.
- 1.2.0.003: Increased buy price from 5 to 30 .
- 1.2.0.002: Now sold by the Wizard after defeating Providence.
- Now uses the boss roar sound effect instead of Item44 when used.
- Now directly spawns the boss instead of using an invisible projectile.
- 18.104.22.1689: Now internally uses the rarity, meaning it can no longer be destroyed in Lava.
- 22.214.171.1241: Fixed it being able to be used if Providence, the Profaned God was currently active.
- 126.96.36.1991: Now uses the rarity instead of .
- 1.1.7: Introduced.