|Type||Miniboss – Flying Enemy|
|Damage|| 50 / 100 / 114 / 124 / 150 / 172 / 186 (Contact)|
60 / 120 / 180 (Small Rock)
60 / 120 / 180 (Large Rock)
|Max Life||3800 / 7600 / 11400|
|Inflicts debuff||Armor Crunch|
|Debuff duration||3 seconds (Contact)|
2 seconds (Large Rock)
1 second (Small Rock)
|Debuff tooltip||Your armor is shredded|
|Banner||Earth Elemental Banner|
The Earth Elemental is a rare Hardmode mini boss found in the Underground and Cavern layers. Its method of attack is to fly toward the player and charge every 10 / 5 seconds, while firing blasts of small rocks, which burst upon impact with blocks. Occasionally, a larger rock is fired which bounces off blocks twice before exploding.
Due to its intimidating size, ability to phase through blocks, and immunity to all forms of knockback, it can be a dangerous encounter for unaware players.
- The player should take great caution while mining in very early Hardmode, as they might spawn and catch the player unaware. Carrying a Lifeform Analyzer, or any of its upgrades, in their inventory can help warn the player in advance.
- Due to the high power of the weapons it drops relative to other early Hardmode weapons, it can be recommended to seek them out, especially for ranged and melee players.
- The ranged attacks made by the Earth Elemental cannot pass through solid blocks (though the blast radius can), allowing the player to take cover from attacks if necessary.
- In the Get fixed boi seed, the Earth Elemental screams when it notices the player, the same scream sound that is used for the Death Whistle.
- The Bestiary entry for the Earth Elemental: "After the Brimstone Elemental became dormant, the forgemasters of Azafure used clockwork and crystal to bind the powers of an elemental to a mechanical body. While formidable, it seems the dream of creating a true replacement for an elemental died unfulfilled with Azafure itself."
- The Earth Elemental resembles a gladiator. Furthermore, the arm resembles a weapon called the scissor, consisting of a tube which covered the forearm and a semicircular blade on the end.
- However, the spriter has confirmed that they "have no idea what that end was supposed to be", and that "it just looked cool".
- The Earth Elemental is referred to in the mod's files as "Horse".
- This is due to the fact that the Earth Elemental was formerly a horse-like creature.
- 2.0.3.007: Now only requires 25 kills to obtain its banner.
- 2.0.3.002: Changed the word "Elemental" in its bestiary entry to be lower case.
- Now vulnerable to water debuffs but resistant to sickness debuffs.
- No longer drops Arid Artifact.
- 1.5.0.001: Now remains passive until the player is within a 30 block radius of them or if the player attacks them.
- 1.4.5.001: No longer immune to Abyssal Flames, Armor Crunch, Astral Infection, Betsy's Curse, Celled, Daybroken, Demon Flames, Dryad's Bane, Frostburn, God Slayer Inferno, Holy Flames, Marked, Nightwither, Oiled, Plague, Shred, Silva Stun, War Cleave, or Whispering Death.
- Nerfed contact damage from 50 / 100 / 125 / 143 to 50 / 100 / 114 / 124 .
- Now inflicts Armor Crunch for 3 seconds on contact, 2 seconds from large rocks, and 1 second from small rocks.
- Now has a natural spawn limit of 1.
- Charges at the highest rate immediately, instead of gradually increasing rate as health lowers in Death Mode.
- 18.104.22.168: Nerfed defense from 30 to 20.
- 22.214.171.124: No longer immune to Cursed Inferno.
- 1.4.1.003: Decreased minimum coin drop amount from 2 to 1 50 .
- 1.4.0.001: Nerfed damage reduction from 25% to 10%.
- 1.3.2.001: Nerfed defense from 40 to 30.
- 126.96.36.199: Changed health from 4000 / 4800 to 3200 / 6400 , and damage from 50 / 65 to 40 / 80 .
- Now has 25% damage reduction.
- Lowered amount of dust created when hit by 66%.
- 188.8.131.524: Now uses vanilla enemy spawn chance instead of custom one.
- Nerfed knockback resistance from 100% to 2%.
- Can now be detected by the Lifeform Analyzer.
- Now moves slower.
- Now produces dust when hit.
- Now produces dust when killed.
- 1.1.5.095: Introduced.