The Plaguebringer Goliath
|Damage|| 100 / 180 / 216 / 234 / 297 (Contact)|
88 / 156 / 184 / 200 / 270 (Plague Stinger, Plague Missile)
120 / 192 / 220 / 240 / 330 (Plague Nuke Barrage)
|Max Life||87,500 / 140,000 / 168,000 / 210,000 / 252,000|
|Debuff duration||8 seconds (Contact)|
4 seconds (Plague Missile)
3 seconds (Plague Stinger)
|Debuff tooltip||Rotting from the inside|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Infected Armor Plating (25-30 / 30-35 )100%
- Plague Cell Canister (15-20 / 25-30 )100%
- Stinger (3-5 / 4-8 )100%
- Greater Healing Potion (5-15)100%
- Plaguebringer Goliath (Lore)(Always on first kill)100%
- Treasure Bag(The Plaguebringer Goliath)
The Plaguebringer Goliath behaves similarly to Queen Bee, charging at the player and using a variety of dangerous attacks. If the player leads The Plaguebringer Goliath out of the Jungle biome, she will enrage, fire more projectiles, have increased movement speed, and will accelerate faster and faster the longer she charges until she is faster than and ahead of the player. Attacks gain increased damage, speed, and intensity as her health drops.
Like Queen Bee, The Plaguebringer Goliath has three distinct attacks that are used throughout the fight. After an attack is finished, another one will be randomly chosen. She cannot repeat the same attack twice in a row.
- Will level herself horizontally with the player and charge three times.
- Fires powerful plague stingers and plague rockets at the player.
- A plague rocket will replace every fifth stinger shot.
- Below 50% health, she spawns a number of homing plague missiles that have their own individual health bars and can be killed.
In Expert Mode
- Some of her stingers home in on the player.
- Stinger projectiles now explode after travelling a certain distance.
- All her projectiles deal more damage as she loses health.
- Spawns Plague Mines, which chase the player and explode at a close range. They move slower after a short period of time has passed, and can be killed.
- Spawns additional Plague Mines when enraged.
- At 50% health The Plaguebringer Goliath enters her second phase.
- The status message "PLAGUE NUKE BARRAGE ARMED, PREPARING FOR LAUNCH!!!" appears.
- Retains all abilities from her first phase.
- Gains a new attack, where she dashes above the player, raining down missiles at the start of each dash.
- The Plaguebringer Goliath moves faster and is able to perform diagonal dashes when she is below 80% health.
- Missiles travel faster and shoots projectiles at a higher rate.
In Death Mode
- Fires more rockets and charges at higher speeds.
- Gains increased top speed and spawns minions and shoots missiles at a higher rate.
On the For the worthy seed
- Plague stingers and missiles travel faster.
- Plague rockets have a larger explosion.
- Plague Homing Missiles and Plague Mines explode quicker.
- If the player gets too far away from The Plaguebringer Goliath, she will instantly teleport to them.
- The entire screen is tinted green for the duration of the fight.
- If the player leaves the Jungle for a prolonged amount of time she will despawn.
- For more elaborate strategies on defeating the Plaguebringer Goliath, including weapon and arena recommendations, see Guide:The Plaguebringer Goliath strategies.
- Weapons with piercing capabilities can easily get multiple hits in at a time due to The Plaguebringer Goliath's large hitbox and aggressive movements.
- Focusing on vertical movements will make dodging her charges easier.
- Take care to avoid her diagonal charges in Revengeance or above, as it can throw the player off guard and potentially kill them.
- Moving away from the missles fired during the Plague Nuke Barrage will widen the gaps between them, allowing them to be dodged more easily.
- The Rod of Discord can also assist in dodging the barrages.
- The Bestiary entry for The Plaguebringer Goliath: "The Plague’s creation initially began after the unsatisfactory results the soul-power machines provided, with Draedon seeking absolute control. After testing many different variants for decades, both the Plague and its goliath were born, with its spread allowing for an amount of control over life once thought impossible."
- The Plaguebringer Goliath's theme is Fly of Beelzebub, which was composed by the artist DM DOKURO.
- If the Calamity Music add-on mod is disabled, Boss 3 will play instead.
- Prior to the release of Fly of Beelzebub, the placeholder theme was a remix of Boss 1, which was also composed by DM DOKURO.
- There is some foreshadowing to this boss with the Queen Bee's lore item, which talks about controlling them.
- If the Boss Checklist Mod is installed, her unique despawn message will be "SPECIMENS EUTHANIZED. EXITING COMBAT PROTOCOL."
- The Plaguebringer Goliath has a Draedon's Log entry dedicated to her that can be found in the Jungle Bio-center Lab.
- Changed Boss Checklist Mod despawn message from "HOSTILE SPECIMENS TERMINATED. INITIATE RECALL TO HOME BASE." to "SPECIMENS EUTHANIZED. EXITING COMBAT PROTOCOL."
- It, Plague Homing Missile and Plague Mine now properly display vanilla debuff colors and Hunter Potion effects.
- 2.0.1.003: Now uses its respective spawning sound instead of Boss Rush summoning sounds during the Boss Rush.
- 2.0.1.002: Added boss spawning sound.
- 2.0.0.001: Fixed an oversight that caused its gores to be double their size.
- 1.5.1.003: Now drops 75 .
- Buffed health from 81,000 / 129,600 / 170,400 to 88,750 / 142,000 / 170,400 .
- Buffed Plague Stinger damage from 80 / 136 / 160 / 180 to 88 / 156 / 184 / 200 .
- Changed defense from 40 / 40-60 to 50.
- Explosive Plague Stingers now have a higher explosion size as her health lowers.
- Homing Plague Stingers now have a higher maximum velocity and homes into the player for a longer duration as her health lowers.
- Plague Missiles now have a higher acceleration as her health lowers.
- No longer spawns Plaguebringers. She now spawns Plague Homing Missiles instead of her variants of the Plague Chargers.
- During her missile spawn attack, the amount of Plague Homing Missiles are no longer capped at 5, and increased amount of spawns from 3 to 5.
- Increased the base speed of Plague Homing Missile, further boosted in Revengeance Mode.
- Buffed Plague Homing Missile defense from 10 to 20, health from 300 to 500, and health during Boss Rush from 3000 to 5000. Its homing duration and lifespan are now increased in Expert Mode and above. It now accelerates after it stops homing. Increased its homing duration as The Plaguebringer Goliath's health lowers.
- Buffed Plague Mine defense from 10 to 20, health from 300 to 1000, and health during Boss Rush from 3000 to 10,000. Its detection radius, lifespan, and velocity are now increased in Revengeance Mode and above. It can now be damaged at all times. Increased time before explosion and velocity as The Plaguebringer Goliath's health lowers.
- It, Plague Homing Missiles, and Plague Mines are now vulnerable to electricity debuffs but resistant to sickness debuffs.
- Now drops Toxic Heart regardless of world difficulty.
- Added sound effects for attacks.
- Decreased Boss Rush base HP from 3,700,000 / 5,920,000 to 370,000 / 592,000 .
- Nerfed DR from 40% to 30%.
- No longer immune to any debuffs except Confused, Pearl Aura, Plague, Venom, and Poisoned.
- Will now play custom sound effects and audio cues throughout the fight.
- Now has a circular hitbox.
- Will now inflict Plague for 4 seconds instead of 5. Plague Missiles will now inflict Plague for 3 seconds instead of 5.
- Fixed an issue that caused Plague Mine hitboxes to levitate above their sprite.
- Fixed the hitboxes of hive bomb being smaller than its actual sprite.
- Can no longer spawn Plaguebringers, and is now less aggressive in Death Mode.
- Plague Mines now glow.
- Enrage has been adjusted to make the fight fairer and now only enrages outside of the Jungle.
- Now has a buffed enrage scale in Death Mode, causing it to have increased velocity, servant spawn rate, and stinger/missile fire rate.
- Changed contact damage from 100 / 180 / 225 / 258 to 100 / 180 / 226 / 234 .
- Changed Plague Missile contact damage from 100 / 160-184 / 200-230 / 264 to 100 / 180 / 216 / 234 .
- Buffed Plague Homing Missile contact damage from 90 / 180 / 206 / 223 to 90 / 180 / 210 / 224 .
- Buffed Plague Mine contact damage from 200 / 230 to 200 / 240 / 260 .
- 1.4.5.002: Can no longer naturally spawn in Death Mode.
- Buffed health from 58,500 / 93,600 / 123,640 to 81,000 / 129,600 / 170,400 , its damage reduction from 25% to 40%, and nerfed defense from 55 to 40.
- Reworked enrage to be more akin to Queen Bee.
- No longer immune to War Cleave.
- Now drops Infected Armor Plating and Stingers.
- Fixed her ignoring her charge timer after spawning servants.
- 1.4.4.002: Fixed hitbox.
- It, Plague Homing Missiles, and Plague Mines now have glowmasks.
- Fixed a bug where it did not perform the charge attack.
- Decreased missile spread from 90 degrees to 60, but increased the missile count from 5 to 8.
- Increased missile speed during Boss Rush from 9 to 12, and missiles now gain extra speed while enraged.
- Tweaked missile pattern.
- Reduced timings between dashes.
- No longer immune to Celled and Oiled.
- Nerfed contact damage from 100 / 180 / 225 / 258 to 100 / 180 / 206 / 223 .
- Nerfed Plague Homing Missile's contact damage from 90 / 180 / 225 / 258 to 90 / 180 / 206 / 223 .
- Nerfed Plague Mine damage from 200 / 230 to 200 .
- Nerfed stinger damage from 80 / 128-152 / 160-190 / 184-218 to 80 / 128-148 / 147-170 / 183 .
- Nerfed missile damage from 100 / 160-184 / 200-230 / 230-264 to 100 / 160-184 / 184-207 / 223 .
- Nerfed nuke damage from 120 / 192 / 240 / 276 to 120 / 192 / 220 / 238 .
- No longer immune to Betsy's Curse.
- Diagonal dashes are now exclusive to Revengeance Mode.
- Several Death Mode changes:
- Increased distance from the player before charging.
- Now behaves in the final phase immediately instead of below 10% health.
- Has the highest damage and defense immediately, instead of gradually gaining damage and defense as health lowers.
- 220.127.116.11: Fixed multiplayer desyncing issues.
- No longer immune to Frostburn.
- Fixed a despawning problem with enraged boss.
- Buffed Plague Homing Missile's Boss Rush health from 200 / 400 to 20,000 / 40,000 .
- Buffed Plague Mine's Boss Rush health from 100 to 10,000 / 20,000 .
- Nerfed defense from 55 to 40, buffed weaker missile damage from 112 to 128 , and barrage missile damage from 114 / 168 to 120 / 192 .
- Buffed Plague Mine's health from 100 to 200 .
- Is now faster earlier in the fight, but slower at lower health.
- Charges are more aggressive at higher health.
- Increased top speed.
- Fixed a bug with Plague Mine's contact damage.
- Plague Homing Missiles and homing stingers now go through tiles.
- Homing stingers now last for 5 seconds instead of 20.
- Increased speed.
- Refined movement.
- Projectiles no longer have a random spread.
- Reduced the size of missile explosions.
- Reduced time it takes for the boss to despawn.
- Screen shader is now less intense.
- Fixed projectiles being fired from center instead of stingers.
- 18.104.22.168: Missiles now have afterimages.
- Nerfed Boss Rush health from 7,200,000 / 11,520,000 / 12,800,000 to 3,700,000 / 5,920,000 / 6,400,000 .
- Nerfed Plague Homing Missile's health from 1000 / 2000 to 200 / 400 .
- Plague Mines now become vulnerable to damage after 3 seconds instead of 10.
- Decreased the speed of Plague Homing Missiles.
- Plague Mines, and Plague Homing Missiles can no longer be lifestealed off of.
- Now has after images.
- Projectiles now have more descriptive names.
- Now enrages when brought to the surface.
- Buffed Boss Rush health from 6,800,000 / 10,880,000 / 12,000,000 to 7,200,000 / 11,520,000 / 12,800,000 .
- Buffed contact damage from 90 / 144 to 100 / 160 .
- No longer takes 25% damage from Crystal Bullet shards, Holy Arrow stars, split Terra Arrows, and split Terra Bullets.
- Now has set amounts of contact damage per phase instead of having damage based on health.
- Missiles no longer increase in damage based on health.
- Increased Plague duration from contact from 3 seconds to 5.
- Decreased Horror duration from contact from 5 seconds to 3 .
- Increased Marked for Death duration from contact from 2 seconds to 3 .
- Decreased Plague duration from stingers from 4 seconds to 3.
- Decreased Plague duration from missiles from 8.33 seconds to 5.
- Increased Plague duration from Plague Homing Missiles from 2 seconds to 3.
- Now has gores.
- Introduced Plague Homing Missile.
- Changed health from 52,000 / 83,200 / 89,600 / 296,000 to 58,500 / 93,600 / 113,400 / 160,000 .
- Nuke barrage attack reworked:
- No longer a spread of missiles that launch downwards from above the player.
- The Plaguebringer Goliath will now move upwards, to either side of the player then charge back and forth while launching several rounds of missiles.
- Now drops her own lore item.
- Can now charge at the player diagonally instead of needing to line up with them horizontally before charging.
- Decreased missile explosion size by 50%.
- No longer immune to Cursed Inferno.
- Now takes 25% damage from Crystal Bullet crystal shards, Holy Arrow stars, split Terra Arrows, and split Terra Bullets.
- Tweaked screen shader.
- Resprited Plague Mine.
- Tweaked how The Plaguebringer Goliath despawns if the player is too far away.
- Now removes the early-Hardmode nerf to enemy health and damage when defeated.
- Nerfed contact damage from 190 / 304 to 90 / 144 .
- Nerfed stinger damage from 100 / 172-186 / 180-195 / 258-279 to 80 / 112-136 / 117-142 / 168-204 .
- Nerfed missile damage from 140 / 192-216 / 201-226 / 288-324 to 100 / 144-168 / 151-176 / 216-252 .
- Nerfed nuke damage from 164 / 260 / 273 / 390 to 114 / 168 / 176 / 252 .
- Nerfed Plague Mine damage from 200 / 300 to 150 / 300 .
- Now teleports to the player if she gets too far.
- Can no longer despawn unless all players die.
- Reduced the screen shader effect applied throughout the fight.
- Nuke barrage attack's status message now plays once the barrage begins instead of directly after the warning.
- Now immune to Exo Freeze, but no longer immune to Abyssal Flames, Armor Crunch, Daybroken, Demon Flames, God Slayer Inferno, Holy Flames, Nightwither, Shred, or Whispering Death.
- Now larger.
- Fixed a size scaling bug.
- 1.3.1.001: Now charges less frequently.
- No longer immune to Exo Freeze.
- Increased how aggressive The Plaguebringer Goliath gets at lower amounts of health.
- Now takes up 64 NPC slots instead of 32.
- Can now only spawn 1 Plaguebringer instead of 2.
- Can now only spawn 3 Plague Chargers at a time instead of 5.
- Reduced screen shader intensity.
- Plague nuke barrage can now occur upon spawning in Death Mode.
- Plague nuke barrage now begins up to 5 seconds after its dedicated status message instead of up to 20.
- Up to 4 Plague Mines can now spawn in Expert Mode, instead of 3 in Revengeance Mode.
- Lowered the max amount of large Plague Chargers from 4 to 3.
- 1.2.3.001: Resprited map icon.
- Resprited map icon.
- Fixed a sheeting error.
- 1.2.2.005: Resprited.
- Lowered the amount of time her nukes last.
- Lowered the size of her nuke's explosions.
- No longer spawns a Plaguebringer for every 33% health lost in Expert Mode.
- Stingers now constantly accelerate horizontally, and now last 5 seconds instead of 10.
- Buffed missile barrage damage from 138 / 240 to 164 / 260 .
- Plague Mines now automatically detonate after 15 seconds if not triggered or destroyed.
- Plaguebringers now shoot Plaguebringer Goliath's buffed stingers instead of its normal ones, and no longer despawn if the player is within the Jungle.
- Introduced Plague Mine.
- No longer rains down a shower of missiles when despawning if lead out of the Jungle.
- Now able to spawn Plague Mines in Revengeance Mode when spawning enemies.
- Stronger stingers are now fired half as often.
- Stronger stingers are now faster and last for 20 seconds instead of 10.
- Stingers are now smaller and no longer produce dust.
- 1.2.0.003: Can now spawn 1-3 Shades at once instead of 1-2.
- Now inflicts Marked for Death for 2 seconds in Revengeance Mode.
- Reduced the amount of dust produced when hit.
- Reduced the amount of dust produced by its missiles.
- 22.214.171.1243: Changed how she despawns.
- Changed health from 50,000 / 58,500 to 48,000 / 76,800 , and buffed contact damage from 228 to 304 .
- Buffed stinger damage from 90 / 108 to 100 / 172 .
- Buffed base missile damage from 120 / 128 to 140 / 192 and increased the amount of damage they gain as The Plaguebringer Goliath's health lowers.
- No longer naturally spawns.
- Now produces less dust when hit.
- Missiles now explode on blocks and produce less dust.
- Fixed Ambrosial Ampoule and Honey Dew not providing protection against her large Plague Chargers.
- Buffed health from 48,000 / 56,160 to 50,000 / 58,500 , her contact damage from 130 / 156 to 190 / 228 , and her defense from 40 to 55.
- Buffed missile damage from 80 to 114 / 180 .
- Increased projectile damage as her health lowers.
- Altered pattern of when she shoots missiles versus stingers.
- Now despawns quicker.
- Now takes up 12 NPC slots instead of 10.
- 126.96.36.1994: Now uses vanilla enemy spawn chance instead of custom one.
- Buffed health from 45,000 / 52,650 to 48,000 / 56,160 , and her contact damage from 115 / 138 to 125 / 150 .
- Buffed base stinger damage from 78 / 156 to 130 / 260 , her base missile damage from 120 / 240 to 170 / 340 , and her base buffed stinger damage from 48 / 96 to 68 / 136 .
- Nerfed Plague Charger's health from 300 / 390 to 250 / 325 , buffed its damage from 48 / 52 to 70 / 77 , nerfed its knockback resistance from 100% to 30%, and increased its size.
- Buffed large Plague Charger's health from 350 / 455 to 500 / 650 , its damage from 57 / 62 to 85 / 93 , nerfed its knockback resistance from 100% to 15%, and increased its size.
- Decreased Plague duration from contact from 6 seconds to 2.
- Decreased Plague duration from large Plague Charger contact from 4.67 / 5 seconds to 1.33.
- Increased overall aggressiveness.
- No longer increases in speed and damage after defeating Moon Lord.
- Now uses the NPCHit8 sound effect when spawning Plague Chargers instead of NPCHit1.
- Now uses the Item42 sound effect when shooting projectiles instead of Item17.
- Now takes up 10 NPC slots instead of 7.
- Plague Chargers now have more circular movement instead of directly moving towards the player.
- No longer spawns if the player is near a Celestial Pillar.
- 1.1.7: Now immune to all debuffs.
- Now produces dust when hit.
- Now produces dust when killed.
- Nerfed defense from 45 to 40.
- Increased speed.
- Now has a status message indicating that she gains the ability to shoot Plague Nuke Barrages under 50% health.
- Leaving the Jungle for too long now causes her to despawn and rain down high damaging missiles.
- 188.8.131.52: Resprited map icon.
- 1.1.5.0941: Fixed a velocity issue.
- 1.1.5.094: Can now drop a Plaguebringer Goliath Trophy.
- 1.1.5.091: Can now drop a Plaguebringer Goliath Mask.
- 1.1.5.08: Damage of attacks now lowers as her health does.
- Reduced Malevolence and Virulent Katana drop chance from 100% to 25%.
- Reduced Mephetic Sprayer drop chance from 50% to 25%.
- Reduced The Hive drop chance from 16.67% to 10%.
- Reduced Pestilent Defiler drop chance from 25% to 14.29%.
- Treasure Bag can no longer drop Tarragon armor, Lifefruit Scythe, or Nettleline Greatbow.
- Reduced Pestilent Defiler drop chance from Treasure Bag from 33% to 20%.
- Reduced The Hive drop chance from Treasure Bag from 20% to 12.5%.
- Reduced Malevolence, Mephetic Sprayer, and Virulent Katana drop chance from Treasure Bag from 100% to 33%.
- 1.1.5: Resprited.
- 184.108.40.2063: Now uses Boss 1 Remix as its theme.
- 220.127.116.11: Can no longer fly into space and despawn randomly.
- 18.104.22.168: Introduced.