Wall of Flesh
|Damage||50 / 150 / 180 / 195 / 225 (Contact)|
22-30 / 44-60 / 68 / 76 / 66-90 / 102 (Eye Laser)
88 / 96 / 132 (Death Laser)
112 / 124 / 168 (Demon Scythe)
|Max Life||12,800 / 17,920 / 21,504 / 22,848 / 27,417|
|Defense||12 / 18|
|Debuff duration||While the player is within 900 blocks from the boss.|
|Debuff tooltip||You have seen something nasty, there is no escape.|
|Inflicts debuff||The Tongue|
|Debuff duration||When the player is within 900 blocks behind the boss.|
|Debuff tooltip||You are being sucked into the mouth|
The Wall of Flesh is the final and strongest pre-Hardmode boss, spawnable only in The Underworld. Once it is defeated, the world permanently converts to Hardmode, which brings new content and challenges.
The direction the Wall will face, and therefore move, depends on which side of the world the player spawns it. If the Wall is spawned on the right side of the world, it will move right to left. If it is spawned on the left side of the world, it will move left to right.
The Wall of Flesh constantly moves either right to left or left to right, forcing the player to run from it, as it cannot be moved through. If the player does manage to get behind the Wall, they will be brought back in front of it by the The Tongue.
The eyes and mouth of the wall will move vertically to fit between solid blocks, and this movement is speed up in Rev+.
If the player gets far enough away or leaves the Underworld in any way, they will be killed instantly due to the Horrified debuff.
During the fight, the Wall will constantly spawn Leeches and Hungries to attack the player. Its only direct attack is to shoot lasers which are capped at bursts of three. When reaching 50% health, the Wall will begin using more Death Lasers, which deal more damage and inflict the "On Fire!" debuff.
Upon reaching 66% health, the Wall of Flesh will shoot out two homing sickles from its mouth; upon reaching 33%, it will shoot out three homing sickles.
As the Wall of Flesh takes more damage, it will increase in speed up to a maximum of 41mph. These health milestones are:
If the player moves too far from the Wall of Flesh, it will enrage and speed up substantially to catch up with them. Once it does catch up, it slows down and releases a barrage of slower moving lasers.
The Hungry are spawned at the start of the fight and slowly respawn throughout. They will begin attached to the Wall of Flesh and will try to attack the player by moving towards them. However, at the start of the fight, they will have limited range due to still being attached. They will detach from the Wall of Flesh after taking substantial damage, becoming The Hungry II. They deal more damage the lower the Wall's health is.
Leeches will spawn from the Wall of Flesh's mouth with a specific audio cue. They act like most worm enemies when attempting to attack the player. The Wall of Flesh will spawn these at an increasing rate as its health gets lower, eventually releasing them at as a constant stream.
In Death Mode
- Shoots Death Lasers from the start of the fight
- Base speed is 75% faster
During the Boss Rush
- Max health increased to 450,000 / 630,000 / 1,197,000
- Teleports the player to The Underworld
- Does not create a Demonite or Crimtane brick box when defeated
- Does not shoot lasers if the eyes are no longer on sight of the player.
- Mouth shoots a Demon Sickle with slight homing capabilities at the player.
- Shoots many lasers after charging, laser time stacks with the amount of charges done when the player moves too far away.
- If the Early Hardmode Progression Rework option is enabled, Cobalt and Palladium Ore will generate in the Underground and Cavern layers.
- An Astral Meteor crashes into the world, creating the Astral Infection biome.
- Enemies in the Sunken Sea are buffed and drop new gear.
- The Hive Mind will begin dropping Cursed Flames and The Perforators will begin dropping Ichor.
- Many pre-existing enemies will begin dropping new materials such as Essence of Havoc and Essence of Sunlight.
- The Drunk Princess NPC becomes available.
- The Defiled Flame Dye becomes available for sale from the Dye Trader.
- The Skeleton Merchant will begin selling the Marrow.
- The Arms Dealer will begin selling the P90 and Ammo Box.
- The Witch Doctor will begin selling the Abyss and Astral Water Fountains.
- The Clothier will begin selling Golden Keys and drops the Clothier's Wrath on death.
- The Bandit will begin selling the Slick Cane.
- Life Fruit and Plantera's Bulbs start spawning in the Jungle.
- Prismatic Lacewings start spawning on the surface Hallow from dusk until midnight.
- The Temple Key and a variant of the Lihzahrd Power Cell can be crafted.
- Eidolists begin spawning in the third layer of Abyss, which drop an Eidolon Tablet that can spawn the Lunatic Cultist.
- For more elaborate strategies on defeating the Wall of Flesh, including weapon and arena recommendations, see Guide:Wall of Flesh strategies.
- Try to keep the boss at a far enough distance to allow time to react to its laser attack, while not being far enough to trigger its enrage.
- However, if both the boss and the player are close to death, moving far enough away from the boss and causing it to dash will prevent it from firing its death lasers until it catches up, allowing the player to avoid getting fatally hit in the last few moments of the fight.
- Added aftermath sounds for spawning Astral Infection.
- No longer drops Demon Heart in Classic Mode.
- Fixed Firecracker not dropping from Treasure Bag.
- 1.5.1.003: Now drops 25 .
- Buffed health from 8000 / 11,200 / 21,280 to 12,800 / 17,920 / 21,504 .
- Buffed Demon Scythe damage from 40 / 72 / 88 / 96 to 52 / 92 / 112 / 124 .
- It, The Hungry, and Leech are now vulnerable to cold and sickness debuffs but resistant to heat debuffs.
- Increased Corruption and Crimson Key drop rates from 10% to 16.67%, and they now drop directly from the boss.
- 1.5.0.002: Fixed a bug that caused it to take damage from the Abyssal pressure.
- 1.4.5.007: The Hungry and The Hungry II no longer have reduced life scaling in multiplayer.
- 1.4.5.004: Now aims its lasers ahead of the player while it's enraged.
- 1.4.5.003: No longer fires Death Lasers at the start of the fight, now enrages easier, and moves faster as its health decreases in Death Mode.
- 1.4.5.002: Lasers while enraged now start out with a slower velocity and accelerate over time.
- Reduced boss kill time from 180 seconds to 120.
- Fixed Corruption and Crimson Keys always dropping.
- Fixed eyes not receiving the debuff icon display.
- Fixed eyes not being able to be targeted by weapons that prioritize boss entities.
- Removed the 'A bloody red inferno lingers in the night...' message when defeated.
- 1.4.4.004: Now triggers the "A bloody red inferno lingers in the night..." status message when defeated instead of Brimstone Elemental or Skeletron Prime.
- Adjusted health based speed boosts in Death Mode.
- Scraps now last 18 seconds.
- Nerfed contact damage from 50 / 150 / 187 / 215 to 50 / 150 / 172 / 186 .
- Nerfed The Hungry's damage from 30-75 / 60-150 / 69-172 to 30-75 / 60-150 .
- Nerfed The Hungry II's damage from 30 / 60 / 75 / 86 to 30 / 60 / 72 / 79 .
- Nerfed Leech's head damage from 26 / 52 / 65 / 74 to 26 / 52 / 62 / 68 .
- Nerfed purple laser damage from 22-30 / 44-60 / 68 / 78 to 22-30 / 44-60 / 68 / 76 .
- Nerfed death laser damage from 88 / 101 to 88 / 96 .
- Increased laser speed in Revengeance Mode.
- Death Mode changes:
- Decreased movement speed and laser firing rate.
- Increased time between enraged charges from 7 seconds to 10.
- Fires red lasers immediately, instead of below 50% health.
- Fires lasers at the higher rate immediately, instead of gradually speeding up as health lowers.
- Moves at the higher speed immediately, instead of gradually speeding up as health lowers.
- Spawns The Hungry at a higher rate immediately, instead of gradually increasing rate as health lowers.
- Spawns Leeches at the highest rate and amount immediately, instead of increasing rate and amount below 66% and 33% health.
- 220.127.116.11: Buffed Boss Rush health from 2,400,000 to 4,500,000.
- Reworked Revengeance Mode AI:
- Reduced laser frequency.
- Now moves faster when the player is far away, and slower when the player is closer.
- If the player is behind blocks for too long, Wall of Flesh enrages and charges very quickly to catch up to the player. It stops charging when it gets close enough.
- Nerfed The Hungry II's health modifier from 1.25x / 1.5x to 1.05x / 1.15x .
- Nerfed Leech's health multiplier from 1.25x / 1.5x to 1.05x / 1.15x .
- The Hungry II's now collide with tiles again.
- Subsequent kills no longer try to generate the Astral Infection.
- Fixed it crashing the game when generating the Astral Infection.
- Reworked Revengeance Mode AI:
- Defeating it for the first time now displays a status message signifying that the Sunken Sea has been buffed.
- Removed the "Calamitous creatures now roam free!" and "The ancient ice spirits have been unbound!" status messages.
- Buffed health modifier from 1.75x / 2.3x to 1.9x / 2.6x .
- Nerfed The Hungry II's health modifier from 2.5x / 4.5x to 1.25x / 1.5x .
- Nerfed Leech's health modifier from 3.1x / 4.5x to 1.25x / 1.5x .
- Nerfed Boss Rush health from 4,700,000 to 2,400,000.
- The Hungry IIs and Leeches can no longer be lifestealed off of.
- Corruption Key, Crimson Key, and Meowthrower now drop from the Treasure Bag instead of directly from the boss in Expert Mode.
- Buffed Boss Rush health from 3,200,000 to 4,700,000.
- Buffed Boss Rush damage modifier from 3.5x to 4x.
- Hungries and Leeches no longer deal extra damage in Revengeance Mode.
- 1.3.4.001: Nerfed health modifier from 1.9x / 4.2x to 1.5x / 2.05x .
- 18.104.22.168: Can now drop both Corruption Key and Crimson Key in any world regardless of World Evil instead of only dropping one of them based on World Evil.
- The Hungry II's can now pass through tiles in Death Mode.
- Buffed The Hungry II's health in Death Mode to 392 , and damage to 111 .
- The Hungry IIs now gain a 2.5x health modifier and a 1.35x damage modifier in all other modes.
- Buffed Leech's health in Death Mode to 240 , and it gains a 1.5x damage modifier.
- Leeches now gain a 2.1x health modifier and a 1.25x damage modifier in all other modes.
- 1.2.3.002: Now gains a 2.5x health modifier in Death Mode.
- 1.2.2.001: Nerfed red laser damage from 70 / 140 / 175 to 44 / 88 / 110 .
- 1.2.0.003: Buffed health modifier from 1.3x to 1.8x .
- 1.2.0.002: The Hungry now inflict Marked for Death for 2 seconds in Revengeance Mode.
- Now gains a 1.3x health modifier in Revengeance Mode.
- Increased speed.
- Now inflicts Horror for 5 seconds in Revengeance Mode.
- The Hungry now inflict Horror for 2 seconds, and Leech head inflicts Horror for 1 second in Revengeance Mode.
- Now has a 2% chance to drop Laudanum or Stress Pills in Revengeance Mode.
- Increased chance to spawn a second Astral Meteor from 20% to 50%, and a third one from 5% to 25%.
- 22.214.171.1241: Defeating the boss for the first time now spawns the Astral Meteor in a random location in the world.
- Several status messages now appear when defeated:
- "The ancient ice spirits have been unbound!"
- "Calamitous creatures now roam free!"
- Several status messages now appear when defeated: