250 / 440 / 464 / 476 / 696 (Brimstone Dart)
|Max Life||300,000 / 345,000|
|Immune to||All debuffs except:|
The Sepulcher is a post-Moon Lord boss servant enemy that is spawned during the fight with Supreme Witch, Calamitas. It spawns twice during the fight: Once when the initial bullet hell ends, and later when Calamitas reaches 8% health, shortly after the final bullet hell. Ten Brimstone Hearts will spawn along with it, distributed mostly in the upper corners of Calamitas's arena. These hearts must be destroyed in order to kill the Sepulcher, as it is essentially invulnerable to direct damage.
The Sepulcher deals no contact damage, instead firing diagonal bursts of Brimstone Darts from its segments in order to damage the player.
- Brimstone Hearts take reduced damage from most non-minion piercing projectiles. Each hit decreases the damage of the next hit by 12%, until the eighth hit onwards which deal 20% of original damage.
- Brimstone Hearts also take:
- The Sepulcher has 53 segments in total.
- During the Boss Rush, Brimstone Hearts will have 10,000 max health regardless of difficulty.
- The Sepulcher can be killed without destroying the Brimstone Hearts, although this takes a very long time, and requires a weapon capable of getting past Sepulcher's 99.9999% damage reduction without its damage getting reduced to 0 due to Calamity's change to damage rounding (meaning 1,000,000 damage in one hit or more), and as such is not recommended. Killing the Sepulcher this way will still allow the player to progress into the fight.
- The Bestiary entry for the Sepulcher: "An amalgamation of souls and flesh given new form and purpose via necromancy. This twisted perversion of life is inspired by the auric dragons’ method of revival, though it is plain to see that any grace the dragons may have had is not present here. The school of magic used to create Sepulcher was forbidden in the Deific Era, yet many still practiced it in secrecy."
- The word "sepulcher" refers to a kind of tomb or burial chamber.
- When defeated, several groups of small passive souls will float out of its remains.
- The tooltip of Metastasis heavily implies that the Sepulcher is what The Devourer of Gods could become should it continue to blindly aim for more power.
- It and Brimstone Heart are now affected by the
Boss Health Boost Percentageconfiguration option.
- Changed the words "Auric Dragons" in its bestiary entry to be lower case.
- It and Brimstone Heart are now affected by the
- 2.0.2.002: Now properly displays vanilla debuff colors and Hunter Potion effects.
- 2.0.2.001: No longer deletes piercing projectiles.
- 2.0.1.002: Brimstone Heart no longer has a global grenade resistance.
- 2.0.1.001: Fixed sprite errors on the alternative body.
- 2.0.0.001: Nerfed Brimstone Dart damage from 320 / 480 / 504 / 532 to 250 / 440 / 464 / 476 .
- Added sound effects for spawn and death.
- Nerfed health from 1,000,000 / 1,200,000 / 2,000,000 to 300,000 / 345,000 .
- Nerfed Brimstone Heart health from 160,000 / 180,000 to 25,600 / 29,440 .
- Brimstone Hearts now have piercing resistance. Removed all previous damage resistances.
- Brimstone Hearts are now attached to the top of the arena by veins.
- Resprited it and Brimstone Heart.
- 1.4.5.006: No longer deletes infinitely piercing projectiles.
- 1.4.4.001: Now has a glowmask.
- 126.96.36.199: Now deletes any projectiles that touch it.
- Weak body segments no longer take 0 damage from any attack that would deal over 10,000 / 25,000 damage.
- Weak body segments now have 99.9999% damage reduction.
- Weak body segments are no longer invincible for 6 seconds after spawning.
- Can no longer be lifestealed off of.
- Brimstone Hearts now always spawn in the same positions instead of having positions scaling with difficulty.
- Brimstone Hearts can no longer be lifestealed off of.
- Brimstone Hearts now take 66% damage from Celestus' split projectiles instead of 12.5%.
- Buffed Brimstone Heart's health from 100,000 / 200,000 / 240,000 / 300,000 to 160,000 / 320,000 / 360,000 / 480,000 .
- Buffed Brimstone Heart's Boss Rush health from 60,000 / 120,000 / 160,000 to 90,000 / 180,000 / 240,000 .
- Removed all previous projectile resistances from Brimstone Hearts, but they now take 12.5% damage from Celestus' split projectiles.
- 1.4.0.001: Buffed Brimstone Barrage damage from 300 / 480 to 400 / 600 .
- 1.3.4.001: Nerfed Brimstone Heart health in Death Mode from 400,000 to 300,000 .
- 1.3.3.002: Buffed Brimstone Heart health from 50,000 / 100,000 / 120,000 / 200,000 to 100,000 / 200,000 / 240,000 / 400,000 .
- 1.3.3.001: Buffed damage reduction from 99.99% to 99.999%.
- 1.3.2.001: Nerfed projectile damage from 600 / 700 / 1050 to 300 / 480 / 920 .
- 1.3.1.001: Brimstone Hearts now take 20% damage from infinitely piercing projectiles and 40% damage from projectiles which pierce more than once instead of 5% damage from infinitely piercing projectiles and 15% damage from projectiles which pierce more than once.
- 188.8.131.52: Introduced.