|Damage||42 / 84 / 126|
|Max Life||300 / 600 / 900|
|Debuff duration||2 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||It's either really hot or really cold. Either way it REALLY hurts|
|Debuff duration||1.5 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||Your movement speed has been reduced|
The Cryon is a Hardmode enemy that spawns in the Snow biome. It jumps and charges towards the player in an attempt to deal damage. It will always inflict the Frostburn and Chilled debuff onto the player if they are hit. It has a 100% chance to drop an Essence of Eleum.
- The Bestiary entry for the Cryon: "Archmage Permafrost went through great pains to not take part in combat himself, instead molding cryons to act as his personal guardians. Noticing the spread of godly essence just as many other creatures have, they have come out of stasis to combat any signs of it so that they may defend their master."
- A Cryon is depicted in the Ice Biome's Draedon's Log.
- 2.0.2.001: Tripled its spawn rate.
- 2.0.1.002: Now immune to Frostbite.
- 1.5.1.001: Now vulnerable to heat debuffs but resistant to cold and sickness debuffs.
- 1.5.0.001: Now inflicts Frostburn for 2 seconds and Chilled for 1.5 seconds.
- 1.4.5.001: No longer immune to Confused.
- 1.4.3.002: Resprited.
- 184.108.40.206: Now affected by the Warmth Potion.
- 220.127.116.11: Nerfed defense from 20 to 10.
- 18.104.22.168: Increased chance to drop an Essence of Eleum from 33% to 50%.
- 1.4.2.001: Decreased chance to drop an Essence of Eleum from 100% to 33%.
- 1.4.1.003: Decreased minimum coin drop amount from 8 to 5 .
- Decreased speed.
- Fixed a sheeting error.
- 22.214.171.124: Nerfed damage reduction from 25% to 15%.
- 1.3.2.001: Nerfed health from 200 / 400 to 150 / 300 , and damage from 50 / 100 to 37 / 74 .
- 1.3.0.001: Introduced.