|Type||Miniboss – Burrowing Enemy|
|Max Life||20000 / 40000 / 60000|
|Immune to||All debuffs|
|Banner||Armored Digger Banner|
The Armored Digger is a worm-type mini boss that appears in the Cavern layer after Plantera has been defeated. It behaves similarly to The Destroyer, charging at the direction at the player continuously until turning around to ram again. The worm will also occasionally fire yellow falling scraps which will linger for a bit until disappearing. It drops Demonic Bone Ash, Dubious Plating, and Mysterious Circuitry.
When an Armored Digger spawns, the message "Armored Digger has awoken!" will be displayed. The Armored Digger will despawn when the player leaves the underground layer.
- Armored Diggers do not replace Diggers, despite the latter replacing Giant Worms earlier in the game.
- Armored Diggers do not spawn when the player is inside a Dungeon or a Jungle Temple.
- Armored Diggers use a custom spawn rate. As such, it can only be modified by a select few spawn rate changes.
- After spawning, it cannot be spawned again for 600 seconds. This cooldown cannot be affected by any means.
- Its base spawn rate is 0.001% (1 in 100,000) every frame. Its spawn rate can be multiplicatively modified by the following:
- As with most worm-type enemies, weapons or ammo with high piercing are the most effective at killing Armored Diggers.
- The Bestiary entry for the Armored Digger: "Despite being relatively primitive compared to Draedon’s current technology, armored diggers continue to see use to this day. Though their primary directive is mining and delivering minerals, they also once cleared room for the numerous underground laboratories."
- One of its previous sprites was intended for The Devourer of Gods, but was repurposed due to it being too small.
- 2.0.2.001: Now has gores.
- Nerfed segment count from 41 / 61 to 31.
- Nerfed head defense from 15 to 10, and damage reduction from 15% to 10%.
- Nerfed body defense from 30 to 20, and damage reduction from 25% to 20%.
- Nerfed tail defense from 45 to 30, and damage reduction from 35% to 30%.
- Reduced maximum speed and acceleration, further reduced in difficulties below Death Mode.
- No longer has boosted health in Death Mode.
- Increased spawn cooldown from 60 seconds to 600.
- Now vulnerable to electricity debuffs but resistant to sickness debuffs.
- Nerfed body damage reduction from 35% to 25%, and tail damage reduction from 45% to 35%.
- No longer inflicts any debuffs.
- 1.4.5.002: Can now drop Dubious Plating and Mysterious Circuitry.
- Now drops items at the nearest segment.
- Nerfed head damage from 90 / 180 / 225 / 258 to 90 / 180 / 206 / 223 .
- Spawn rates can now be affected by Battle Potion, Boss Zen, Calming Potion, Peace Candle, and Water Candle. Spawn rates are now significantly less affected by Chaos Candle, Tranquility Candle, Zen Potion, and Zerg Potion.
- Now has 1 minute of cooldown after spawning.
- Buffed Death Mode health from 20,000 to 30,000 , and segment count from 41 to 61.
- 18.104.22.168: Nerfed body defense from 40 to 30, and tail defense from 55 to 45.
- 22.214.171.124: Fixed tail having a bizarre hit sound.
- 126.96.36.199: Nerfed scrap damage from 64 / 128 to 60 / 120 , and its spawn rate can now be affected by spawn rate modifiers other than Zen and Zerg Potions.
- 1.4.1.003: Now appears on the Boss Health Bar.
- Buffed health from 2000 / 4000 to 40,000 / 80,000 .
- Buffed head's damage from 50 / 100 to 90 / 180 , body damage from 40 / 80 to 70 / 140 and tail damage from 20 / 40 to 55 / 110 .
- Body segments now shoot scrap projectiles at the player occasionally.
- Increased segment count from 10 to 42.
- Increased speed and jump height.
- Changed on hit dust type from 234 to 6.
- Decreased amount of dust produced when hit.
- Now drops Demonic Bone Ash and Draedon's Remote instead of Ectoblood.
- Increased coin drop count from 10 to 5 .
- Can no longer despawn as long as it has a target.
- Increased Chilled duration from head from 1.67 / 3.33 seconds to 4, and Electrified duration from 1 / 2 seconds to 3.
- Changed Chilled duration from body from 1.67 / 3.33 seconds to 3, and Electrified duration from 1 / 2 seconds to 2.
- Changed Chilled duration from tail from 1.67 / 3.33 seconds to 2, and Electrified duration from 1 / 2 seconds to 1.5.
- 1.4.0.001: Nerfed head damage reduction from 30% to 15%, body damage reduction from 50% to 35%, and tail damage reduction from 70% to 45%.
- 188.8.131.52: Buffed health from 4000 / 6000 to 4000 / 8000 , but nerfed head damage from 100 / 170 to 70 / 140 .
- 1.2.3.006: Increased size.
- 1.2.0.001: Now has 30% damage reduction on the head, 50% damage reduction on the body, and 70% damage reduction on the tail.
- 184.108.40.2064: Now uses vanilla enemy spawn chance instead of a custom one.
- Body segments now produce less dust when hit.
- Head and tail now produce dust when hit.
- 1.1.5.094: Can now drop Ectoblood.
- 1.1.5.093: Reduced spawn rate by 75%.
- 1.1.5.081: All body segments should now have equal velocity and rotation formulas.
- 1.1.5.03: No longer drops Armored Shells.
- 220.127.116.11: Introduced.