Brain of Cthulhu
|Damage||30 / 54 / 81 / 99 / 135|
|Max Life||1400 / 2380 / 2856 / 3033 / 3639|
|Defense||14 (21 while spinning)|
|KB Resist||50% / 55% / 60%|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Tissue Sample (30-50)100%
- Crimtane Ore (40-90)100%
- Lesser Healing Potion (5-15)100%
- The Brain of Cthulhu (Lore)(Always on first kill)100%
- Treasure Bag(Brain of Cthulhu)
- If you were looking for the Brain of Cthulhu on the vanilla wiki, click here.
The Brain of Cthulhu has two phases in Revengeance and Death Mode. This page will not be covering Normal or Expert Modes for the Brain of Cthulhu. If the Brain of Cthulhu is led outside of the Crimson, it will enrage, causing both the Brain and its Creepers to become much faster. It is less aggressive when fought in the Underground Crimson.
The Brain and the Creepers are capable of inflicting multiple debuffs upon contact damage.
|Debuff||Duration||Chance (Brain)||Chance (Creepers)|
|Poisoned||2.625 - 5.25 seconds||11/243||11/81|
|Darkness||1.5 - 3 seconds||11/243||11/81|
|Cursed||0.375 - 0.75 seconds||2/243||2/81|
|Bleeding||3.75 - 7.5 seconds||11/243||11/81|
|Confused||0.75 - 1.5 seconds||2/243||2/81|
|Slow||2.625 - 5.25 seconds||11/243||11/81|
|Weak||5.625 - 11.25 seconds||11/243||11/81|
|Silenced||0.75 - 1.5 seconds||11/243||11/81|
|Broken Armor||4.875 - 9.75 seconds||11/243||11/81|
In the first phase of the fight, the Brain itself is invulnerable but will still have contact damage, there will be 25 Creepers that spawn alongside the brain, which must be killed to progress the fight. During this phase the Brain will teleport around the player at an increasing rate as Creepers are killed. It will also move towards the player after teleporting, getting faster the more Creepers are killed.
Once the Brain's Creepers have all been killed, the Brain transitions into phase 2 and become vulnerable to damage.
During Phase 2, the Brain will continue to teleport around the player and move towards them at an increased speed. There will also be 3 mirror images around the player that will mimic the Brain's movement. They start somewhat transparent but become more opaque as the Brain loses health, making it harder to tell which is the real one.
At 30% health the Brain will switch to another attack, where it will fly around the player in a quick loop before dashing towards them before teleporting.
In Death Mode
- Can teleport much closer to the player.
- Creepers move faster.
- Gains decreased attack delay as its health decreases.
During the Boss Rush
- Max health increased to 1,000,000 / 1,700,000 / 2,720,000
- Moves and teleports much faster the less Creepers there are remaining.
- Movement speed and teleportation greatly increased, and increases further at lower health.
- Creepers movement speed and acceleration greatly increased.
- Creepers take reduced damage from most non-minion piercing projectiles. Each hit decreases the damage of the next hit by 12%, until the eighth hit onwards which deal 20% of original damage.
- Creepers take 20% damage from grenade-type projectiles. A list of affected projectiles is below.
- The Merchant will begin selling Healing Potions and Mana Potions.
- The Demolitionist will begin selling Spelunker Potions.
- The Arms Dealer will begin selling Battle Potions.
- The Dryad will begin selling Regeneration Potions and Swiftness Potions.
- For a Normal and Expert mode guide to Brain of Cthulhu, see Brain of Cthulhu strategies on the vanilla wiki.
- Victide armor is a viable option for every class.
- Platinum armor can be used by melee players who wish to maximize on defense.
- Desert Prowler armor is the best choice for ranged players due to its bonuses to ranged damage and its set bonus.
- Gladiator armor is the best choice for Rogue players.
- The Wizard Hat, Diamond Robe and Jungle Pants is the best combination for Mage players.
- It is heavily recommended to have Spectre Boots or any of its upgrades due to it's boosts to mobility and allowing the user to fly.
- The Shield of Cthulhu is the best dash available for the fight.
- The Fledgling Wings is one of the best items for vertical height at this stage of the game with the added effect of Gliding.
- Any double jump, such as the Sandstorm in a Bottle will also work.
- The Luxor's Gift is a great all-class accessory which increases DPS.
- The Shark Tooth Necklace is great when paired with weapons with low base damage, such as the Pumpler or Mycelial Claws
- Melee players can use the Feral Claws to increase their melee stats.
- Rangers can use the Rusty Medallion to increase their damage output.
- Mages should use the Celestial Cuffs to keep their mana in check.
- Summoners should use the Voltaic Jelly and Spirit Glyph to increase their minion slots and overall stats.
- Rogues should consider using the Raider's Talisman to increase their DPS.
Weapons & Equipment
- The Cnidarian is a great option due to it being very effective against creepers and the brain itself.
- It is recommended to use yoyos with the White String.
- The Urchin Mace is a good choice due to its short but piercing whirlpools.
- A Sharpening Station can give increased armour piercing.
- The Aquashard Shotgun is a great pick to deal with the creepers.
- The Firestorm Cannon is a good choice, especially with dealing with the creepers.
- The Tendon Bow with Jester's Arrow is good due to the pierce, even with the brains slight resistance to it.
- The Minishark can be good at keeping the brain away from you in the second phase.
- The Acid Gun is an effective choice to deal with the creepers.
- The Frost Bolt is an all around great option for both the creepers and the brain.
- The Frost Blossom paired with Seabound Staff or the Belladonna Spirit Staff are great to deal with the creepers effectively and keep the brain at bay.
- The Meteor Fist is an all around decent pick for both the brain and the creepers.
- The Contaminated Bile is a nice option for the creepers.
- The Mycoroot is also a great pick for the brain itself.
- If being fought in the Underground Crimson, it is wise to place platforms in the center of a Crimson chasm as they are usually the largest area in the underground and will allow for more movement.
- Piercing weapons are useful for the first phase as they will allow you to damage multiple Creepers at once.
- Lighting up your arena will help aleviate some of the effect from the Darkness debuff.