The Calamity Mod also changes multiple vanilla item recipes. To see those, click here.
The changes listed here occur as long as the Calamity Mod is installed, and are not restricted to any modded difficulty modes. See the Revengeance Mode or Death Mode pages for changes that occur exclusively within those modes.
In every new player's inventory, there will be a Starter Bag. The Starter Bag contains numerous useful items and can be opened to help speed up the beginning of the game.
The Calamity Mod makes heavy adjustments to the progression of Hardmode, removing many restrictions on the order in which bosses must be fought, and also (if the
Early Hardmode Progression Rework configuration option is enabled) changing the obtainment method of early-Hardmode ores and Hallowed Bars.
In vanilla Terraria, many Hardmode bosses require other bosses to be defeated before they can be fought, creating a linear sequence of progression. Calamity introduces several means through which bosses can be fought "out of order", which greatly increases the player's choices and freedom during Hardmode.
- Life Fruits are also available from the start of Hardmode, without the need of defeating a Mechanical Boss.
- Plantera's Bulbs can spawn before mechanical bosses are defeated. The Portabulb is also available to manually summon the boss.
- The Temple Key and a variant of the Lihzahrd Power Cell are now craftable with early-Hardmode materials, meaning that Plantera does not need to be defeated in order to enter the Jungle Temple and fight the Golem.
- Using an Eidolon Tablet, dropped by the Eidolists found in the Abyss, will summon the Lunatic Cultist regardless of whether or not the Golem has been defeated. Eidolists begin spawning as soon as Hardmode begins, meaning that the Lunatic Cultist, the proceeding Lunar Events, and the Moon Lord can all be fought at any time after defeating the Wall of Flesh.
Ores and the Mechanical Bosses
Early Hardmode Progression Rework config option is enabled, the unlocking methods of early-Hardmode ores, as well as the Mechanical Bosses' stats, will be dramatically altered:
- Defeating the Wall of Flesh will now cause Cobalt Ore and Palladium Ore to be spawned in the world and will allow any of the Mechanical Bosses to randomly spawn at night. These effects no longer occur when Demon/Crimson Altars are destroyed.
- Crimson and Demon Altars will now drop 4 Souls of Night when broken.
- The Pwnhammer and Hammush will now state that Crimson and Demon altars will not spawn ores when broken and that mechanical bosses spawn ores instead.
- The Twins, The Destroyer, and Skeletron Prime now have dynamic stats and change depending on which Mechanical bosses the player defeats first.
- If no Mechanical Bosses have been defeated:
- The Mechanical Boss' base HP and damage are decreased by 20%
- If one Mechanical Boss has been defeated:
- The Mechanical Boss' base HP and damage are decreased by 10%
- If two Mechanical Bosses have been defeated:
- The Mechanical Boss has no stat adjustments.
- If no Mechanical Bosses have been defeated:
- The first mechanical boss defeated will now cause Mythril Ore and Orichalcum Ore to be spawned in the world.
- The second mechanical boss defeated will now cause Adamantite Ore and Titanium Ore to be spawned in the world.
- The third mechanical boss defeated will now cause Hallowed Ore to be spawned in the Underground Hallow biome.
- All mechanical bosses will drop Hallowed Bars once they have all been defeated.
- All Vanilla Treasure Bags are changed to follow the 'Calamity style' of dropping their main weapons or items. This refers to each item having an independent and equal chance to drop but, if none of them drop, then one is chosen at random and forced to drop. This ensures at least one main item per Treasure Bag.
- Many Calamity enemies can drop Vanilla items:
The mod generates many structures containing certain items normally exclusive to different points of progression, including hardmode.
- Evil Islands will be comprised of the evil biome opposite to the one chosen upon world generation. The corresponding Biome Chests are on these islands as well.
- Some planetoids contain Enchanted Sword Shrines.
- The Ice Bio-center Lab generates with an unlocked Ice Chest that countains an Arctic Diving Gear.
- The chests in the Brimstone Crag contain several treasures:
- Crystal Bullet shards will deal 40% less damage. The damage penalty takes the gun's base damage into account.
- Hallowed Stars from Holy Arrows will deal 30% less damage. The damage penalty takes the bow's base damage into account.
- Most Ranged weapons, excluding Flamethrowers, can perform Point-Blank shots that multiply all damage dealt by the weapon's inital projectiles by x1.5 so long as the projectile hits the target within 12 frames of being fired. Ranged damage projectiles spawned by on-hit effects, such as from an accessory, cannot recieve the damage multipier even if they hit the target within the 12 frame window.
- Ranged weapons that can perform Point-Blank Damage will mention so in their tooltips.
Various changes have been made to vanilla's defense boosts:
- Buffed Ankh Shield from 4 defense to 12.
- Buffed Cobalt Breastplate from 8 defense to 11.
- Buffed Cobalt Hat from 2 defense to 4.
- Buffed Cobalt Helmet from 12 defense to 16.
- Buffed Cobalt Leggings from 8 defense to 10.
- Buffed Cobalt Mask from 4 defense to 7.
- Buffed Cobalt Shield from 1 defense to 4.
- Buffed Frozen Shield from 6 defense to 13.
- Buffed Hallowed Greaves from 11 defense to 13.
- Buffed Hallowed Plate Mail from 15 defense to 18.
- Buffed Hero Shield from 10 defense to 20.
- Buffed Obsidian Shield from 2 defense to 7.
- Buffed Obsidian Skull from 1 defense to 2.
- Buffed Orichalcum Breastplate from 13 defense to 16.
- Buffed Orichalcum Headgear from 4 defense to 6.
- Buffed Orichalcum Helmet from 7 defense to 10.
- Buffed Orichalcum Leggings from 10 defense to 14.
- Buffed Orichalcum Mask from 19 defense to 22.
- Buffed Paladin's Shield from 6 defense to 9.
- Buffed Palladium Breastplate from 10 defense to 13.
- Buffed Palladium Headgear from 3 defense to 5.
- Buffed Palladium Helmet from 5 defense to 8.
- Buffed Palladium Mask from 14 defense to 15.
- Buffed Palladium Leggings from 8 defense to 11.
- Buffed Shackle from 1 defense to 3.
- Buffed Shield of Cthulhu from 2 defense to 3.
- The Tipsy debuff now reduces defense by 10% instead of a flat reduction of 4.
Defensive accessory modifiers now scale with progression:
|Post-Devourer of Gods||+6||+9||+11|
Some vanilla items have gained the ability to increase defense:
- Adamantite armor's set bonus increases defense up to 30 while continuously dealing damage.
- Angel Wings increases defense by 10.
- Beetle Wings increases defense by 10 while the player is equipping Beetle armor with Beetle Shell.
- Bone Wings increases defense by 30 while the player is equipping Necro armor.
- Fairy Boots increases defense by 10 when Fairies are nearby.
- Frozen Turtle Shell increases defense by 6.
- Gladiator armor's set bonus increases defense by 3.
- Leaf Wings increases defense by 5 while the player is equipping Tiki armor.
- Magma Skull increases defense by 4.
- Molten Skull Rose increases defense by 8.
- Mothron Wings increases defense by 5.
- Obsidian Skull Rose increases defense by 4.
- Spectre Wings increases defense by 10 while the player is equipping Spectre armor with Spectre Hood.
- Steampunk Wings increases defense by 8.
Additionally, Sharpening Station's armor penetration value has been nerfed from 12 to 5.
The Calamity Mod adjusts the effective percentage of this stat for the player with a diminishing scale, with all DR reducing effects (such as Cursed Inferno) being calculated after it has been scaled. NPC DR is not affected by this diminishing scaling.
The scaling formula is: 1 - 1⁄(1 + dr)
For example, if the player has 25% DR, it will be scaled to 1 - 1⁄(1 + 0.25) = 0.2, or 20% DR.
Various changes have been made to vanilla's damage reduction boosts:
- Nerfed Endurance buff from 10% DR to 5%.
- Nerfed Ice Barrier buff from 25% DR to 15%.
- Nerfed Worm Scarf from 17% DR to 10%.
Defensive accessory modifiers now increase damage reduction:
- Hard increases DR by 0.25%.
- Guarding increases DR by 0.5%.
- Armored increases DR by 0.75%.
- Warding increases DR by 1%.
Some vanilla items have gained the ability to increase damage reduction:
- Ancient Iron Helmet increases DR by 3%.
- Beetle Wings increases DR by 5% while the player is equipping Beetle armor with Beetle Shell.
- Gold Chainmail increases DR by 5%.
- Iron armor set bonus increases DR by 6%.
- Iron Chainmail increases DR by 3%.
- Iron Greaves increases DR by 3%.
- Iron Helmet increases DR by 3%.
- Lead armor set bonus increases DR by 3%.
- Lead Chainmail increases DR by 3%.
- Lead Greaves increases DR by 3%.
- Lead Helmet increases DR by 3%.
- Leaf Wings increases DR by 5% while the player is equipping Tiki armor.
- Spectre Wings increases DR by 5% while the player is equipping Spectre armor with Spectre Hood.
Movement Speed has been reworked and will now grant proper bonuses to both player movement and flight speed.
- The static movement cap of any boots that grant the ability to run has been removed.
- Additionally, the maximum horizontal player speed cap has been increased from 160% to 300%.
- All Balloon accessories now grant the player +15% jump speed instead of +30%.
- Equipping any type of Wings will now grant the player +24% jump speed. This is added on to any other jump speed boosts the wings might have.
- The player is granted 10% jump speed if neither wings nor balloons are equipped.
- Flight time boosts are also now additive instead of multiplicative on top of receiving bonuses from movement speed.
- The player's base movement speed has also been increased from 15 mph (11 tiles/second) to 23 mph (~18.667 tiles/second).
- Minions are changed to automatically adjust their damage whenever the player's equipment is changed, no longer needing to be re-summoned in order to take effect.
- All attacks labeled as summon will deal 50% less damage if the player is holding a weapon belonging to a different class.
- In the Snow and Ice biomes in Expert Mode, the player is inflicted with Frozen Lungs when submerged in water, draining their breath much faster; however, the water no longer inflicts Chilled on the player. This feature can also be reverted through editing the configuration options.
- Boulder traps deal less damage (140 / 182 / 227 / 261 ), but inflict Broken Armor for 10 seconds on hit.
- Explosive traps deal much less damage (350 / 450 / 517 ), but inflict On Fire! for 10 seconds.
- Sandstorms cannot occur until the Desert Scourge is defeated.
- Graveyards require 20 Tombstones to form, instead of 7.
- The incremental pre-Graveyard screen shader begins at 17 Tombstones, instead of 4.
Velocity-Based Contact Damage
All bosses scale their contact damage based on how fast they are moving relative to their maximum velocity. The process for calculating this is explained below.
- Each boss is assigned one of two values to be a velocity scalar; either 0.5 or 0.8.
- The boss's velocity relative to half its maximum velocity is represented as a percentage. If it is greater than half of the maximum velocity, it is set to 100%.
- For example, if the boss is travelling at 30% of its maximum velocity, the percentage would be 60%. However, if the boss is travelling at 70% of its maximum velocity, the percentage would be 100%, not 140%.
- The percentage is used to find a number between the previously-assigned velocity scalar and 1.1.
- For example, a percentage of 75%, with a velocity scalar of 0.5 would return a value exactly 75% of the way between 0.5 and 1.1, which is 0.95.
- Contact damage is then multiplied by the number found in the previous step.
Buffs and Debuffs
|Archery||Archery Potion||Increases arrow speed by 20% and arrow damage by 5%||20% increased arrow speed and 5% increased arrow damage|
|Battle||Battle Potion||Increases all spawn rates by 150% and maximum spawn count by 140%||Increased enemy spawn rate|
|Beetle Endurance||Beetle armor||Stacks 3 times, each beetle provides a 10% damage reduction boost for a maximum of 30%. Down from a 15% boost from each beetle.||Damage taken reduced by 15%/30%/45%|
|Calm||Calming Potion||Decreases enemy spawn rates by 35.90% and maximum spawn count by 44%||Reduces enemy aggression|
|Damage Nebula||Nebula armor||Stacks 3 times, each booster provides a 7.5% damage boost for a maximum of 22.5%. Down from a 15% boost from each booster.||7.5%/15%/22.5% damage boost|
|Endurance||Endurance Potion||Increases the player's damage reduction by 5%.||5% reduced damage|
|Exquisitely Stuffed||Various food items||+4 defense
+4% critical hit chance
+10% melee speed
+1 minion knockback
+10% movement speed
+15% mining speed
|Major improvements to all stats|
Major improvements to all stats and increased life regeneration [sic]
|Ice Barrier||Frozen Shield, Frozen Turtle Shell, and Rampart of Deities||Provides 15% damage reduction.||Damage taken is reduced by 15%|
|Invisibility||Invisibility Potion||Holding a rogue boomerang boosts rogue damage by 10%.
Holding a javelin boosts armor penetration by 5.
Holding a rogue bomb increases rogue velocity by 10%.
Holding a spiky ball increases rogue critical strike chance by 10%.
Holding a dagger increases rogue stealth regeneration by 8% even while moving.
The player is entirely concealed and has reduced aggro while not using any items.
|Grants Invisibility. Grants rogue bonuses while holding certain rogue weapons|
|Life Nebula||Nebula armor||Stacks 3 times, each booster +5 life regeneration. Down from +10 life regeneration from each booster.||Increased life regeneration|
|Magic Power||Magic Power Potion||Increases the player's magic damage by 10%.||10% increased magic damage|
|Panic!||Panic Necklace||Increases the player's movement speed by 20%.||Movement speed is increased|
|Peace Candle||Peace Candle||Decreases enemy spawn rates by 30.07% and maximum spawn count by 37%||Decreased monster spawn rate|
|Plenty Satisfied||Various food items||+3 defense
+3% critical hit chance
+7.5% melee speed
+0.75 minion knockback
+7.5% movement speed
+10% mining speed
|Medium improvements to all stats|
Medium improvements to all stats and increased life regeneration [sic]
|Sugar Rush||Slice of Cake||Increases movement speed by 10% and mining speed by 20%||10% increased movement speed and 20% increased mining speed|
|Swiftness||Swiftness Potion||Increases movement speed by 15%||15% increased movement speed|
|Warmth||Warmth Potion||Grants the player immunity to the Chilled, Frozen and Glacial State debuffs.||Reduced damage from cold sources. Immunity to the Chilled, Frozen, and Glacial State debuffs|
|Well Fed||Various food items||+2 defense
+2% critical hit chance
+5% melee speed
+0.5 minion knockback
+5% movement speed
+5% mining speed
|Minor improvements to all stats|
Minor improvements to all stats and increased life regeneration [sic]
|Acid Venom||Lionfish and various weapons and enemies.||Target loses 25 damage per second per attached lionfish and 15 damage per second per attached sulphuric bubble up to 6 attached lionfish and 4 sulphuric bubbles.
If inflicted on a player: Target's movement speed reduced by 15%.
|Betsy's Curse||Betsy's Wrath and Drataliornus in Revengeance Mode||Target's damage reduction is reduced by 34%.||Defense is lowered|
|Chaos State||Rod of Discord, Normality Relocator, and Spectral Veil||Rod of Discord, Normality Relocator and Spectral Veil teleports can't be used||Rod of Discord teleports are disabled|
|Cursed Inferno||Various enemies and weapons||If inflicted on an enemy: Target's damage reduction is reduced by 20%. Reduced effectiveness on certain post-Moon Lord bosses.
If inflicted on a player: Target receives 20% more damage from all sources.
All damage taken increased by 20%
|Ichor||Various enemies and weapons||Defense reduced by 15||Reduced defense|
|Oiled||Totality Breakers||Increases the effectiveness of flame debuffs within the Calamity Mod by increasing their damage per second by 25%.||Taking more damage from being on fire|
|Poisoned||Various enemies and weapons||If inflicted on a player: Target's movement speed reduced by 10%.||Slowly losing life|
|Shadowflame||Various enemies and weapons in Revengeance Mode||If inflicted on a player: Target loses 15 health per second and natural health regeneration.||Losing life|
|Water Candle||Water Candle||Increases all spawn rates by 48.15% and maximum spawn count by 65%||Increased monster spawn rate|
- The Chaos State debuff now lasts 15 seconds instead of 6 seconds, and now prevents the usage of teleporting items like the Rod of Discord instead of damaging players upon using them.
- The Sandstorm's Mighty Wind debuff will be disabled if a boss is active.
Some vanilla NPCs have new items sold under certain conditions.
Nurse Price Scaling
In Revengeance Mode, the price of the Nurse's healing scales with progression in the game. The price for healing will also be multiplied by 5 if any bosses are alive. In Death Mode, the Nurse will completely refuse to heal the player if a boss is currently alive.
Reforge System Rework
The Goblin Tinkerer's reforge system has been reworked:
- All modifiers are grouped into categories that consist of 7 tiers (0-6), categories are determined by weapon damage type and ability to receive certain modifiers over others.
- Each time the player reforges an item, the tier gets higher until tier 6 is reached. Any reforges past tier 6 will reset the tier to 0.
- Rolling an item to tier 0 will grant a random modifier that weapon can receive.
- Modifiers get progressively more powerful the higher the tier. Rolling an item to tier 6 will always grant the best modifier possible for its category (For example, if the Crystalline is currently at tier 5, its next reforge would grant it the Flawless modifier).
- Weapons can no longer receive negative modifiers when reforging.
- If an accessory has the highest tier modifier it can obtain, only the highest tier modifier can be rolled if that item is reforged (For example, if the Coin of Deceit currently has the Silent modifier, its next reforge has the potential to roll the Lucky modifier, but can not roll the Spiked modifier).
- All weapons can now receive their class type's best modifier except for Flails, Spears, and Yoyos. Weapons that have no knockback cannot gain knockback increasing modifier bonuses. Ranged weapons that have a use time lower than 6 will not receive any speed-adjusting modifier bonuses. Mage weapons that have a mana cost lower than 5 will not receive any mana cost decreasing modifier bonuses.
- All reforge value costs have been decreased by 50%. This includes all modifiers introduced by the Calamity Mod.
- A full list of the categories and items associated with them can be found below:
- All Town NPCs from both Calamity and Vanilla, as well as the Eternia Crystal are made immune to every debuff.
- All Town NPCs take 2 times as much damage from all projectiles in Normal mode and 4 times as much in Expert mode. This is to make them more consistent with the damage the player takes.
- All Town NPCs gain additional boosts to damage and defense after defeating certain bosses:
|Providence, the Profaned Goddess||+12||+20%|
|The Devourer of Gods||+12||+20%|
|Jungle Dragon, Yharon||+12||+20%|
- All Town NPCs will have an exclamation mark icon above them when a new item is sold, which can only be removed by interacting with them. They can also be removed completely via configuration options.
- When killed, the Angler has a 8.3% chance to drop a Golden Fishing Rod in Hardmode.
- If fed to a Trasher, this chance rises to 100%.
- Clentaminator solutions cost 5 , as opposed to the original price of 25 .
- The Tax Collector's taxes now scale throughout progression:
- Pre-Plantera: 1 50 per NPC up to a maximum of 50 .
- Post-Plantera: 6 per NPC up to a maximum of 2 .
- Post-Moon Lord: 1 50 per NPC up to a maximum of 5 .
- Post-Devourer of Gods: 3 per NPC up to a maximum of 10 .
- Post-Yharon: 6 per NPC up to a maximum of 20 .
Enemies & Bosses
- Debuff times in Expert Mode are no longer doubled. This can be reverted through editing the configuration options.
- In Expert Mode, enemies will not spawn in towns. This can be reverted via configuration options.
- When a boss is alive, the Boss Effects debuff's effects are applied upon the player. This can be reverted via configuration options.
- While in Pre-Hardmode, the spawnrate of Voodoo Demons is increased.
- At the beginning of Hardmode, before the player has summoned or fought any boss, all enemies are weaker. In Normal mode, all enemies have 20% less HP and attack damage. In Expert mode, they have 40% less HP and attack damage to compensate for their higher original stats.
- Tomb Crawler health is nerfed by 40% while in Pre-Hardmode.
- Dungeon Guardian health is nerfed by 90% and damage reduction is reduced from 99.9999% to 90%.
- The Eater of Worlds and The Destroyer take only 1% damage for a few seconds after spawning.
- The Destroyer's segments take reduced damage from piercing projectiles. Piercing projectile damage is halved.
- The nail projectiles from the Nailhead enemy have their damage nerfed by 25%.
- Golem enrages if it is fought outside the Jungle Temple.
- The Martian Saucer no longer counts as a boss for the purposes of Adrenaline, or Boss Zen effects.
- Duke Fishron's Sharknadoes and Cthulhunadoes take a second before dealing damage.
- Lunatic Cultist's health in Normal Mode and Expert Mode is increased (32,000 to 38,400 / 40,000 to 48,000 ).
- Multiplayer scaling of bosses' health is decreased. Calamity takes the boss's health on multiplayer and multiplies it by a scalar to reduce it.
- For two players, 82% of health is contributed per player, totaling 164% of base (singleplayer) health.
- For three players, 72% of health is contributed per player, totaling 216% of base health.
- For four players, 64% of health is contributed per player, totaling 256% of base health.
- For five players, 57% of health is contributed per player, totaling 285% of base health.
- For six players, 52% of health is contributed per player, totaling 312% of base health.
- For seven or more players, health is multiplied by 47% of health is contributed per player, totaling 329% of base health with seven players.
- The Dungeon Cultists are set to respawn faster.
- The Celestial Pillars require 100 enemies to be defeated in Expert Mode instead of 150. This can be removed through editing the configuration options.
- Bosses drop more money.
- Caster AI enemies deal no contact damage.
- Mimics will no longer drop Compasses.
- Green Jellyfish can now spawn during Pre-Hardmode. However, their base damage is reduced to 40 and their defense is reduced to 4.
- Complementing this, Blue Jellyfish can now spawn during Hardmode.
- Several vanilla enemies and bosses are now immune to Webbed:
Vanilla Boss Additions
The Calamity Mod changes Vanilla Boss AI in both Revengeance Mode and Death Mode. The changes are summarised below.
The Calamity Mod rebalances many armor sets in the vanilla game, including a complete overhaul of all Pre-Hardmode ore armor sets, providing them with new set bonuses as well as individual bonuses.
Pre-Hardmode Ore Armors
|Appearance||Set||Bonuses / Effects / Notes|
|Shadow armor and Ancient Shadow armor||
|Appearance||Set||Bonuses / Effects / Notes|
|Appearance||Set||Vanilla Bonuses/Effects||Calamity Bonuses/Effects|
|Snow armor and
Pink Snow armor
|Solar Flare armor||
|Crystal Assassin armor||
|Shinobi Infiltrator armor||
|Valhalla Knight armor||
|Red Riding armor||
|Dark Artist armor||
The Calamity Mod re-balances a significant amount of vanilla weapons by buffing or nerfing certain attributes such as damage, granting auto-use, and changing mana costs.
Notably, several melee weapons have had their damage increased significantly.
The Calamity Mod re-balances many tools by buffing or nerfing certain attributes such as their respective tool powers, toolspeed, tile boost range or by granting true melee bonuses.
- The Titan Glove, Power Glove, Mechanical Glove, Fire Gauntlet, and Berserker's Glove now boost true melee damage by 10%.
- The Fire Gauntlet's melee speed and damage have been increased from 12% to 14%. Its recipe also has been changed, now requiring an additional 5 Scoria Bars to craft.
- The Yoyo Glove and Yoyo Bag multiply the damage of yoyos by 0.66 while equipped.
- Several vanilla wings have been given stat boosts.
- A list of those wing changes can be found here.
- Items that were exclusive to Expert Mode and above will now drop in Normal Mode.
- Ankh Charm and its upgrades now grant immunity to the Stoned debuff and the Ankh Charm itself requires a Pocket Mirror to craft.
- Ankh Shield provides immunity to the Mighty Wind debuff and its defense has been increased by 8.
- Arcane Flower and Magnet Flower's mana reduction was buffed from 8% to 20%.
- Brain of Confusion's dodge is no longer random, but instead has a 120 second cooldown which is shared with all other dodges and reflects.
- Dunerider Boots have their running speed on sand reduced.
- Fairy Boots were reworked to allow Fairies to spawn at any time of day, with an increased spawn rate, makes them immune to damage, and prevents them from fleeing. Having a Fairy follow you grants you +10 defense, +4 life regeneration, and 10% increased movement speed.
- Hellfire Treads increase fire debuff DoT by 1.5x and make all attacks inflict Hellfire.
- Flesh Knuckles and its upgrades now boost max life by 45.
- Frozen Shield and Hero Shield's defense have been increased by 7 and 10 respectively.
- Hand Warmer increases life regen by 2 while wearing a full set of Snow armor.
- Magiluminescence now requires 20 Evil bars and 15 Topaz to craft, and only increases acceleration and deceleration by 1.25x instead of doubling it.
- Obsidian Skull and its upgrades provide immunity to the On Fire! debuff.
- Magma Skull and Obsidian Skull Rose now grant 4 defense, and Molten Skull Rose now grants 8 defense.
- Molten Quiver inflicts Hellfire with all arrows, and has its damage reduced by 3%. Magic Quiver has its damage reduced by 5%.
- Moon Stone and its upgrades provide immunity to Nightwither.
- Sun Stone and its upgrades provide immunity to Holy Flames.
- Sniper Scope's damage and crit chance have been reduced by 3%.
- Soaring Insignia's jump speed bonus was reduced from 48% to 10%, its run acceleration bonus was reduced from 2x to 1.1x, and its infinite flight was reduced to 25% increased flight time.
- Summoning Items for bosses and events are non-consumable.
- The Warmth Potion provides immunity to the Chilled, Frozen, and Glacial State debuffs. The tooltips of the item and buff have also been changed accordingly to reflect this.
- The Endurance Potion now only provides 5% decreased damage taken instead of 10%.
- The Magic Power Potion now only provides 10% increased magic damage instead of 20%.
- All Flasks affect Rogue Weapons.
- Bottled Honey now gives Honey Buff for 2 minutes on consumption
- Flask of Party affects all projectiles.
- The Invisibility Potion grants several boosts while holding certain Rogue weapons:
- Holding rogue bombs increases rogue weapon projectile velocity by 10%.
- Holding rogue boomerang boosts rogue damage by 10%.
- Holding a dagger increases rogue stealth regeneration by 8% even while moving.
- Holding a javelin boosts armor penetration by 5.
- Holding a spiky ball increases rogue critical strike chance by 10%.
- The Archery Potion now only increases arrow damage by 5% instead of 20%.
- Gems and herbs are obtainable through the Glimmering Gemfish and the Stuffed Fish, respectively.
- Several vanilla crates include Calamity-based loot.
- Target Dummies will only be able to be hit when a boss is not alive; this is to prevent abuse of attacks that grant buffs or bonuses to the player.
- Several vanilla items' tooltips have been changed.
- Certain accessories, potions, and light pets' tooltips have been changed to reflect their effectiveness in the Abyss.
- All vanilla wings now display statistics such as horizontal speed, acceleration multiplier, vertical speed and flight time.
- All vanilla hooks now display various stats regarding tile reach, launch, and pull velocities.
- The Magic Quiver's tooltip has been changed to say "arrow damage," rather than simply "damage."
- All items with a max stack size of 99 and all types of bombs and dynamite are changed to have maximum stack sizes of 999.
- Certain spawn-modifying items are buffed:
- Water Candles now increase spawn rates by 48.15% and maximum spawn count by 65% from 33% and 50% respectively.
- Battle Potions now increase spawn rates by 150% and maximum spawn count by 140% from 100% and 100% respectively.
- Peace Candles now decrease spawn rates by 30.07% and maximum spawn count by 37% from 23% and 30% respectively.
- Calming Potions now decrease spawn rates by 35.90% and maximum spawn count by 44% from 17% and 20% respectively.
- The Slimy Saddle and Gelatinous Pillion have reduced horizontal velocity.
|Combat||Damage Reduction • Defense damage • Enchantment • Hit Sounds • Immunity frames • Lifesteal • Minions • Proficiency • Rogue|
|Environment||Biome backgrounds • Events • Music • Status messages|
|Events||Acid Rain • Boss Rush|
|Items||Alternative crafting ingredients • Charge • Consumable • Crafting stations (By Hand) • Drops • Modifiers • Rarity • Recipes • Vanilla item recipes|
|Game||Bestiary • Boss Health Bar • Configuration options • Difficulty Modes (Death Mode • Revengeance Mode) • Fishing • Game controls • Lore • Speedrun Timer • Vanilla changes|
|Player||Adrenaline Meter • Aggro • Buffs and Debuffs • Death prevention • Defense • Rage Meter|