|Type||Enemy – Aquatic|
|Damage||150 / 300 / 330 / 348 / 450 / 495 / 522|
|Max Life||6000 / 12000 / 18000|
|Inflicts debuff||Crush Depth|
|Debuff duration||5 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||Crushed by aquatic pressure|
|Banner||Bobbit Worm Banner|
The Bobbit Worm is an enemy that spawns in the lowest layer of the Abyss. It stays attached to the seafloor, waiting for the player to come close enough to it. When they do, it rapidly extends out towards the player, dealing significant damage if contact is made, before quickly returning to its previous location.
Upon hitting the player, they inflict Crush Depth for 5 seconds.
- While it is referred to as a worm, it does not act like a typical Worm AI enemy.
- The Bestiary entry for the Bobbit Worm: "Hiding away in the darkest corners of the void to strike at unsuspecting prey, bobbit worms take full advantage of the Abyss’ darkness. To live here, in the most extreme environment in the world, a creature must either be truly mighty, learn to use the environment to survive, or both."
- Its behavior mimics that of real bobbit worms, which also launch themselves from underground to attack nearby prey with their mandibles before receding again.
- 1.4.3.002: Multiple worms can now exist at once.
- 184.108.40.206: Now immune to Lava.
- 1.4.2.001: Now has gores.
- 1.4.1.003: Decreased minimum coin drop amount from 1 to 50 .
- 1.4.0.001: Nerfed damage reduction from 40% to 25%.
- 1.3.3.011: Resprited.
- 1.3.3.001: Can now drop Depth Cells after defeating Calamitas.
- 1.3.0.001: Introduced.