Leviathan and Anahita
|Type||Boss – Aquatic|
|Max Life||95,260 / 152,320 / 182,656 / 228,480 / 273,984 (Total)|
- If you were looking for something other than Anahita or the Leviathan, see Anahita (disambiguation) and Leviathan (disambiguation).
The Leviathan and Anahita are a duo of bosses that can be fought at any point in the game, but is intended to be fought during Hardmode. It is recommended that the player acquire post-Plantera equipment before engaging the bosses, as they are very challenging and require the management of two boss-tier enemies with several summons all at once.
|Type||Boss – Aquatic|
|Damage|| 90 / 216 / 240 / 252 / 324 (Contact)|
100 / 172 / 208 / 228 / 300 (Meteor)
|Max Life||60,560 / 96,800 / 116,096 / 145,200 / 174,144|
80 (when enraged)
|Debuff duration||4 seconds (Contact)|
|Debuff tooltip||Cannot regenerate life|
|Inflicts debuff||Armor Crunch|
|Debuff duration||5 seconds (Meteor)|
|Debuff tooltip||Your armor is shredded|
|Type||Boss – Aquatic|
|Damage|| 70 / 112 / 136 / 144 / 192 (Contact)|
105 / 168 / 204 / 216 / 288 (Charge)
80 / 140 / 160 / 176 / 234 (Water Spear)
84 / 148 / 172 / 188 / 252 (Frost Mist)
88 / 156 / 184 / 200 / 270 (Treble Clef)
|Max Life||34,700 / 55,520 / 66,560 / 83,280 / 99,840|
37 (when enraged above half health)
50 (when enraged below half health)
This boss encounter is made up of two individual bosses: Anahita and The Leviathan. Both enemies must be defeated to count as a full kill and receive loot.
Only Anahita is summoned at the start of the battle, but after she reaches 40% of her health, a brief sequence plays in which the screen rumbles and the ocean's water churns, then the Leviathan spawns rising from the water. Anahita then stops attacking the player and becomes invisible and invulnerable, until The Leviathan reaches 40% health, after which both bosses become active simultaneously for the remainder of the fight until they are killed.
If the player leaves the Ocean biome during the battle, the bosses will enter an enraged state: Anahita moves faster, summons projectiles more frequently, and her projectiles move faster, while The Leviathan's movement speed and meteor speed are massively increased.
- She hovers above the player while cycling between three attacks, all of them spawning in a radial pattern around the player and converging inward.
- Summons 8 water spears, which continue to travel after converging.
- Summons 3 clouds of frost mist, which home in on the player after converging.
- Summons 6 treble clefs which move slower and linger for an extended period of time.
- Below 70% health, she summons more projectiles during these attacks. The number of water spears is increased from 8 to 12, the number of frost mist clouds is increased from 3 to 4, and the number of treble clefs is increased from 6 to 9.
- This change is reverted while The Leviathan is alive and Anahita is above 20% health.
- She additionally can randomly pause her pattern and summon Detonating Bubbles that inflict the Wet debuff for 7 seconds.
- She generates an ice shield at 100%, 70%, and 40% health, rendering her invulnerable to damage until it is destroyed.
- The ice shield blocks non-minion piercing projectiles.
- When below 70% health, she will randomly pause her pattern to charge at the player 3 times.
- She won't perform this attack if she is above 20% health and The Leviathan is alive.
- She becomes enraged if The Leviathan is defeated first.
- She mainly stays on one side of the player while cycling through her attacks, switching sides if the player moves around her.
- She fires meteors at the player, which inflict the Armor Crunch debuff.
- She summons Aquatic Aberrations to attack the player.
- When below 40% / 70% health, she becomes capable of performing her charge attack. During this attack, she pauses for a few moments before attempting to align with the player horizontally, gaining a rotating ring of water particles around her to indicate the incoming attack. After aligning with the player, she will instantly charge through them at a constant horizontal speed while roaring.
- Her charge distance gets shorter as her health decreases or if she is enraged.
- She won't perform this attack while she is above 20% health and Anahita is alive.
- She becomes enraged if Anahita is defeated first.
In Expert Mode
- Anahita is much more aggressive and deals more damage.
- The Leviathan can now charge at the player below 70% HP.
- The Leviathan shoots faster.
In Death Mode
- The Leviathan now spawns instantly, while Anahita only joins the battle when the Leviathan reaches 70% HP.
- Anahita and Leviathan can always use their charge attacks regardless of phases.
- Anahita transitions into Phase 4 at 40% health instead of 20%.
- The Leviathan transitions into Phase 2 immediately instead of at 70% health.
- The Leviathan transitions into Phase 3 at 70% health instead of 40%.
- The Leviathan transitions into Phase 4 at 40% health instead of 20%.
- The Leviathan now performs 1 charge in Phase 2, 2 charges in Phase 3, and 3 charges in Phase 4 instead of 2 charges in all phases.
- Decreased the maximum amount of Aquatic Aberration spawns from 4 to 3.
- Aquatic Aberrations can now push away from each other.
On the For the worthy seed
- Anahita and her Ice Shield are 20% smaller.
- The Leviathan and her Aquatic Aberrations are 30% larger.
- Anahita moves and accelerates 15% faster.
- The Leviathan charges 15% faster.
- Detonating Bubbles are 15% faster.
|Detonating Bubble||Anahita is active|
|Aquatic Aberration||The Leviathan is active|
- Even though the summon appears even at the very beginning of the game, it's not recommended to fight this boss until later in Hardmode.
- Anahita's frost shield deletes projectiles on contact. This means some projectiles will fail to function correctly, such as the SHPC's primary fire.
- In the possible, though unlikely circumstance that the Leviathan and Anahita are lured to the Sulphurous Sea biome, it will be considered as the Ocean and they will not be enraged.
- Both Anahita and the Leviathan will each drop 5-15 Greater Healing Potions separately when killed.
- When players have the Wet debuff, Anahita's projectiles have a lower velocity.
- Even with Anahita's many resistances, they are neither immune to the Poisoned nor the On Fire! debuffs.
- For more elaborate strategies on defeating Leviathan and Anahita, including weapon and arena recommendations, see Guide:Leviathan and Anahita strategies.
- Making 3-4 layers of platforms that are the whole length of the Ocean may make it easier to dodge their attacks.
- Once the Leviathan has reached 50% of her health, care should be taken to be aware of where she is as she will start charging the player. Should she be on the left or right side of the player, it is important to dodge it either moving down or above where the Leviathan is going.
- Using Water Candle, Chaos Candle, Battle, and Zerg buffs in combination will make ??? spawn over 5x more often, making the bosses much more readily available.
- This will also increase the spawn rate of ocean enemies, so be cautious.
- Anahita: "Boasting flawless manipulation of water, this elemental was known for almost limitless strength in her home turf. However, those days are long gone."
- The Leviathan: "A gargantuan marine reptile that has lurked the ocean depths for almost a millennium. It is unknown if she is the last of her kind, and as despicable as it is, let us pray that she is."
- Anahita's theme is Siren's War Cry, which was composed by the artist DM DOKURO.
- Siren's War Cry is the only Calamity theme to not be featured in its own video, instead only appearing in an "Extended" version alongside the other themes for Leviathan and Anahita. This is due to the fact that Siren's War Cry was made sometime after the other two themes, in response to a rework to the fight which now included Anahita being fought on her own.
- When The Leviathan appears, the theme changes to Forbidden Lullaby, which was also composed by DM DOKURO.
- If the Calamity Music add-on mod is disabled, Boss 3 will play instead for Leviathan and Anahita.
- The dual nature of the fight took inspiration from the Ornstein and Smough fight from Dark Souls.
- In previous versions of the mod, Anahita had two color schemes with one randomly being chosen upon her spawning. Some of her features would be either greener or more blue. This was the reasoning for the Aquatic Heart having two variants based on color.
- Anahita was previously named The Siren. Prior to that, she was known as the Siren Lure.
- If the Boss Checklist Mod is installed, their unique despawn message will be "The aquatic entities sink back beneath the ocean depths."