|Damage|| 170 / 272 / 408 (Contact)|
96 / 192 / 288 (Bullet, Mist)
|Max Life||90000 / 144000 / 216000|
|Debuff duration||5 seconds (Contact, Large Bullet)|
3 seconds (Medium Bullet)
2 seconds (Acid Mist)
|Debuff tooltip||Your skin is burning off|
The Nuclear Terror is a post-Moon Lord, post-Polterghast mini boss that spawns during Acid Rain during Tier 3. It has 3 special attacks and 2 other attacks which it uses when not using the special attacks. The three special attacks are as follows:
- Fires 3-shot bursts of Nuclear Bullet at the player, which will return to their firing position shortly after being fired.
- Fires a barrage of Large Nuclear Bullets at the player.
- Fires two converging streams of Large Nuclear Bullets to trap the player.
After it has used a special attack, it will stay in place for 1.25 seconds (0.5 seconds shorter when under 50% life), and then it will lunge at the player multiple times, returning to using a special attack afterwards. It can also teleport to the player, which is telegraphed by green dust.
If the player is below it, it will teleport to the same layer as the player, even if it is in the middle of attacking.
Upon death, the Nuclear Terror will explode into 16 Large Nuclear Bullets or Sulphuric Acid Mists in all directions.
- The Bestiary entry for the Nuclear Terror: "The effects of our actions are never immediately obvious. Centuries of poison and constant fighting for its own life created such monstrosity, now dragged to the shore by the unrelenting torrents. Whatever it may have been before, all that is left now is its will to survive."
- The Nuclear Terror's design was inspired by the Horror character from the game Nuclear Throne.
- If the Boss Checklist Mod is installed, its unique despawn message will be "The radioactive aberration fades away in a sickly light."
- 2.0.2.002: Changed Boss Checklist Mod despawn message from "The radioactive monstrosity has further enforced its name." to "The radioactive aberration fades away in a sickly light."
- Added a map icon.
- Added new sounds.
- Now drops its Relic at 100% chance instead of 25%.
- Added it to Boss Checklist.
- Nerfed health from 360,420 to 198,230 and damage reduction from 40% to 30%.
- Now inflicts Irradiated for 5 seconds instead of Sulphuric Poisoning.
- 1.4.5.001: Fixed a mod conflict that prevented them from being killed.
- 1.4.4.003: Fixed large Nuclear Bullets not inflicting Sulphuric Poisoning.
- 1.4.4.001: Introduced.