|Damage|| 135 / 270 / 297 / 313 / 405 / 445 / 469 (Contact)|
140 / 220 / 330 (Bubble, Droplet)
|Max Life||88500 / 177000 / 265500|
|Debuff duration||7 seconds (Contact)|
2 seconds (Bubble)
1 second (Droplet)
|Debuff tooltip||Your skin is burning off|
The Mauler is a post-Moon Lord, post-Polterghast mini boss that spawns during Acid Rain during Tier 3. It swims towards the player and alternates between three attacks at random, each telegraphed by a different roar.
- Quickly lunges at the player.
- Fires three spreads of sulphuric bubbles that home in on the player after a delay.
- Charging horizontally and firing a large barrage of sulphuric droplets upwards, which home in on the player after a delay.
If it is out of the water for too long, it will start repeatedly using its charge attack until it lands back in water again.
It can be detected with the Lifeform Analyzer.
- Shark Fins dropped by the Mauler will be brown in color, much like the Shark Fins dropped by Sand Sharks.
- The Bestiary entry for the Mauler: "Sharks are perhaps one of the most resilient and well-adapted species in our planet’s history. It is no surprise that one of these apex predators has come to thrive in these seas."