36 / 72 / 172 / 188 / 108 / 258 (Shadow Fireball)
70 / 100 / 208 / 224 / 150 / 312 (Ice Mist)
60 / 80 / 184 / 200 / 120 / 270 (Fireball)
90 / 120 / 220 / 240 / 180 / 330 (Lightning Orb)
120 / 180 / 210 / 225 / 270 (Ancient Light)
30 / 45 / 0 / 90 / 0 (Ancient Doom)
60 / 180 / 184 / 200 / 540 / 270 (Prophecy's End)
|Max Life||44,500 / 55,625 / 66,750 / 70,920 / 85,104 (total)|
|Defense||47 / 27 (≤50% health)|
|Inflicts debuff||On Fire!|
|Debuff duration||0.5-2.5 seconds / 1-5 seconds (Fireball)|
|Debuff tooltip||Slowly losing life|
|Debuff duration||3 seconds (Ancient Doom)|
2 seconds (Prophecy's End, Shadow Fireball)
|Debuff tooltip||Losing life|
|Inflicts debuff||Holy Flames|
|Debuff duration||3 seconds (Ancient Light)|
|Debuff tooltip||Dissolving from holy light|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Greater Healing Potion (5-15)100%
- Lunatic Cultist (Lore)(Always on first kill)100%
- If you were looking for the Lunatic Cultist on the vanilla wiki, click here.
The Lunatic Cultist is a Hardmode boss. The Lunatic Cultist can be spawned at any point in Hardmode through the use of an Eidolon Tablet or by killing the Cultists at the Dungeon after Golem is defeated.
The Lunatic Cultist can be summoned through either of the following methods:
- Killing the Cultists that spawn at the entrance of the Dungeon after defeating Golem for the first time. The Cultists respawn substantially faster than in vanilla.
- Using an Eidolon Tablet dropped by an Eidolist. This method allows the Lunatic Cultist to be summoned at any point in Hardmode; however, the Eidolon Tablet will not work if the Lunar Events are already active.
The Cultist, his clones, and Ancient Dooms will no longer deal contact damage. Max health increased for Normal and Expert Mode.
The Lunatic Cultist's attacks are buffed and certain mechanics are changed. Any projectile that homes in on the player can make sharper turns. Specific changes to attacks are as follows:
- Clones do not have hitboxes
- Homing weapons will not home in on the Cultist during this attack
- Clones will no longer despawn if the Cultist is hit before completing this attack
- Keep in mind that hitting the Cultist in time still prevents the Phantasmal Dragon and Ancient Vision from spawning
- Time window to hit the Cultist during this attack is decreased as his health is lowered
- Fires two instead of one
- Inflicts the Frozen, Chilled and Frostburn for 1, 2 and 4 seconds respectively
Shadow Fireballs & Ancient Doom Projectiles
- Inflicts the Shadowflame debuff for two seconds.
In Death Mode
- Projectiles travel faster
- Ancient dooms explode faster
- Moves faster while relocating
During the Boss Rush
- Max health increased to 2,640,000 / 3,300,000 / 4,675,000
- Switches between attacks faster.
- Launches 3 Ice Chunks instead of 2.
- Launches 4 spreads of Ancient Light instead of 3.
- Summons 6 Ancient Dooms that circle the player below 50% health.
- The Lunatic Cultist takes:
- For a Normal and Expert mode guide to the Lunatic Cultist, see Lunatic Cultist strategies on the vanilla wiki.
- Hydrothermic armor is a top-tier armor for all classes.
- Beetle armor has great defensive and offensive options for Melee users.
- The healing bonus from Spectre armor can be useful to switch to for Mages.
- Rangers have access to Plague Reaper armor, which has a difficult-to-use but powerful set bonus.
- Summoners can use Plaguebringer armor for more minion slots and added plague effects.
- At this point of the game, Angel Treads are a must.
- The Asgard's Valor can be used to provide a dash.
- The Blood Pact is an accessory which doubles max health, but causes the player to get critically hit 25% of the time.
- The Community's decent buffs to all stats are useful here.
- The Fishron Wings are almost the highest tier wings available at this point.
- Despite that, the Hadal Mantle can be used because of its vertical mobility.
- The Celestial Shell should be used by melee players.
- The Star-Tainted Generator is useful for summoners.
- The Vampiric Talisman is almost essential for rogues.
- The Possessed Hatchet, despite being a vanilla weapon, is viable against it.
- The Ultimus Cleaver is also a good weapon.
- The Aegis Blade can demolish the Lunatic Cultist.
- The Briny Baron's right click effect can be great for damaging Lunatic Cultist from afar.
- The Realm Ravager is a good option, but needs to be aimed at the Lunatic Cultist and does not home.
- The Snowman Cannon is obtained fairly easily and is a good weapon for the Lunatic Cultist.
- The Xenopopper paired with Chlorophyte Bullets can deal solid amounts of homing damage.
- The Razorblade Typhoon is an awesome weapon for this purpose because of moderate DPS and homing.
- The Laser Machinegun can be used but it drains mana extremely quickly.
- The Everglade Spray can be utilized with any other weapon to inflict Ichor/Cursed Inferno on the Cultist.
- The Forbidden Sun can be used because of the high DPS it gives.
- The Razorpine will deal a lot of DPS at the cost of decreased range.
- The Tears of Heaven has very little mobility, but has stacked projectiles that are homing, so it can deal a good amount of DPS.
- The Resurrection Butterfly is a cheap weapon and is powerful against the Cultist.
- The Spikecrag Staff is a stationary sentry so it has no mobility, but deals a lot of damage if at least 2 are used.
- The Hive Pod is another powerful sentry weapon.
- The Xeno Staff, can deal a very high amount of damage.
- The Borealis Bomber is a summoner weapon which dosen't use minion slots but uses mana instead and deals nice DPS.
- The Corpus Avertor is a nice option for the rogue class which drops from the Ravager.
- The Malachite can absolutely shred the Cultist.
- The System Bane can be also utilized if the player wants to use a rechargeable weapon.
- The Auroradical Throw is a weapon which has a spliting ability and good base damage.
- The Heavenfallen Stardisk is a weapon obtained post-Astrum Aureus and has nice damage if stacked together.
- The Golden Gun gun is a weapon which deals classless damage and inflicts Ichor.
- The Lunic Eye does a similar function.
- The Yanmei's Knife is an option which deals classless damage and provides the user with several buffs.
- Though the Lunatic Cultist can be summoned at any point in Hardmode using an Eidolon Tablet, defeating some early and mid-game Hardmode bosses is generally advisable before attempting the fight. Successfully defeating the Lunatic Cultist will cause the Celestial Pillars to spawn, which can be problematic to deal with using poor equipment, and destroying the pillars always causes the Moon Lord to spawn.