Eye of Cthulhu
23 / 36 / 48 / 60 / 54 / 61 (Phase 2)
40 / 56 / 60 / 60 / 71 (Phase 3)
|Max Life||1525 / 3050|
2577 / 3965
3568 / 4758
3285 / 5055
4549 / 6066
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Demonite Ore (30-90)100%
- Unholy Arrow (20-50)100%
- Corrupt Seeds (1-3)100%
- Crimtane Ore (30-90)100%
- Crimson Seeds (1-3)100%
- Lesser Healing Potion (5-15)100%
- The Eye of Cthulhu (Lore)(Always on first kill)100%
- Treasure Bag(Eye of Cthulhu)
- If you were looking for the Eye of Cthulhu on the vanilla wiki, click here.
The Eye of Cthulhu can be summoned manually using a Suspicious Looking Eye at night.
It also has a 1/3 (33.33%) chance of spawning automatically each night, if the following conditions apply:
- The Eye of Cthulhu has not yet been defeated in the current world.
- At least one player in the world has at least 200 maximum health and more than 10 defense.
- At least four town NPCs are present.
If spawning this way, its arrival is announced by the status message "You feel an evil presence watching you...". Once this message plays, the Eye of Cthulhu will spawn after 81 seconds. If the player is sufficiently far underground, the Eye of Cthulhu will not spawn until they return to the Surface. If they remain underground all night, the boss will not spawn at all.
The Eye of Cthulhu has two phases and 4 sub-phases during phase 2, it can fly through blocks in all of these.
It attempts to float directly above the player, while spawning 3–4 Servants of Cthulhu which drop Mana Stars on death. Afterward, it charges at the player three times in succession, before repeating the cycle.
Upon reaching 75% health, the Eye will transform into its second phase. When this happens, it will spawn 4-5 Servants of Cthulhu. In phase 2 its defense will drop to 0, but its contact damage will increase to 48. In this phase it will do 3 normal dashes towards the player with a small break between each set of 3.
Upon reaching 65% health, it gains a rapid chain dash attack. During this subphase it will do 3 normal dashes and then 2-4 rapid chain dashes with a short delay before it repeats.
Upon reaching 55% health, it will no longer do normal dashes and instead does 5 rapid chain ones.
Upon reaching 40% health, it gains another new attack, a long horizontal dash which spawns many Servants of Cthulhu. During this phase it will do 4-6 rapid dashes and then a horizontal one.
In Death Mode
- Dashes faster and more often as its health decreases but also performs fewer chain dashes.
In the Boss Rush
- The Merchant will begin selling Apprentice Bait and Archery Potions.
- The Demolitionist will begin selling Mining Potions, Ironskin Potions and Shine Potions.
- Harpies will begin dropping the Sky Glaze.
- The Acid Rain event may now begin naturally.
- Rotdogs begin spawning on the Surface at Night.
- For more elaborate strategies on defeating the Eye of Cthulhu, including weapon and arena recommendations, see Guide:Eye of Cthulhu strategies.