Jump to navigation Jump to search
90 / 144 / 168 / 176 / 240
Brimstone Fireblast, Brimstone Hellblast, Brimstone Hellfireball:
80 / 140 / 160 / 176 / 234
60 / 105 / 120 / 132 / 176
|Max Life||37,500 / 60,000 / 72,000 / 90,000 / 108,000|
|Inflicts debuff||Brimstone Flames|
|Debuff duration||5 seconds (Brimstone Hellfireball, Contact)|
3 seconds (Brimstone Hellblast)
|Debuff tooltip||Rapid health loss|
|Inflicts debuff||Vulnerability Hex|
|Debuff duration||3 seconds (Brimstone Fireblast)|
2 seconds (Brimstone Dart)
|Debuff tooltip||You are weak|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Ashes of Calamity (25-30 / 30-35 )100%
- Essence of Havoc (5-10 / 10-15 )100%
- Greater Healing Potion (5-15)100%
- Calamitas Clone (Lore)(Always on first kill)100%
- Treasure Bag(Calamitas Clone)
- Calamitas Clone Relic(In Master or Revengeance Mode only)
Bullet Hell Begin
Seeker Ring Spawn
- Not to be confused with Supreme Witch, Calamitas, a post-Moon Lord boss.
The crippled clone of the witch, Calamitas.
— The Sea King
Calamitas Clone is a Hardmode boss fought at night. She is a significant mid-Hardmode boss that is intended to be challenged soon before, or alternatively to, Plantera.
Calamitas Clone does not spawn on her own and requires the player to summon her with the Eye of Desolation during the Night.
Calamitas Clone will behave primarily like Retinazer, firing projectiles and chasing the player. At different points throughout the fight, she will summon minions and her brothers to assist her. If it becomes daytime during the battle, Calamitas Clone and her brothers will enrage, moving faster and shooting higher velocity projectiles. Cataclysm's flamethrower range will also greatly increase.
- Calamitas Clone alternates between hovering above the player and firing two Brimstone Hellfireballs that accelerate over time and explode on contact with tiles, and horizontally leveling herself with the player and firing 4 accelerating Brimstone Hellblasts at them.
- If the player is wielding a True melee weapon, Calamitas Clone will have decreased acceleration while performing these attacks.
- The fire rate of Hellfireballs increases by 33% when directly above the plaeyer.
- Upon reaching 70% HP, her sprite will change as she goes invisible and invulnerable, before summoning a "bullet hell" of horizontal and vertical moving Brimstone Hellblasts which lasts 15 seconds. While the attack is in progress, Calamitas Clone will hover above the player, but will not attack.
- Calamitas Clone will not attack for a brief moment after the bullet hell concludes.
- When Calamitas Clone's health reaches 40%, she summons the metallic brother Catastrophe and the fleshy brother Cataclysm. Catastrophe will alternate between spitting bouncing brimstone fireballs and quickly charging at the player four times, while Cataclysm will alternate between breathing a brimstone flamethrower and charging at the player three times. Calamitas Clone cannot take damage until both brothers have been defeated.
- Neither brother will fire anything until shortly after spawning, to prevent cheap hits.
- Calamitas Clone herself will stop firing Brimstone Hellblasts and also be ignored by homing attacks while the brothers are alive.
- When Calamitas Clone's health reaches 10%, she will go invulnerable and initiate a second bullet-hell attack, this time with added Brimstone Fireblasts fired from offscreen which home in on the player and explode into rings of Brimstone Darts.
In Expert Mode
- Calamitas Clone and her brothers attack and shoot more aggressively.
- When Calamitas Clone's health reaches 35%, she will summon an orbiting ring of five Soul Seekers around her.
In Revengeance Mode
- Calamitas Clone and her brothers attack and shoot even more aggressively.
- When Calamitas Clone's health is below 70%, she charges at the player twice following her fireball and hellblast attacks whenever no brothers are alive.
- She will not attack for a few moments after the final bullet hell ends to prevent cheap hits.
In Death Mode
- Calamitas Clone can use charge attacks regardless of her HP.
- Cataclysm and Catastrophe are 20% bigger, their defense is increased from 10 to 15, and their DR is increased from 15% to 22.5%.
- Calamitas Clone is 20% smaller, her defense is reduced from 25 to 12, and her DR is reduced from 15% to 7.5%.
- Calamitas Clone can randomize her attacks and movement while above 10% health and brothers are not alive.
- When Calamitas Clone's health is below 10%, she will begin charging repeatedly until she is defeated, with her charges leaving behind trails of accelerating Brimstone Hellblasts.
On the For the worthy seed
- Calamitas Clone and her brothers have 15% increased speed and acceleration.
- Brothers have 25% increased charge speed.
- Brimstone Fireblasts during the second bullet hell are shot every 2 seconds.
- Hellblasts and Brimstone Darts now inflict Vulnerability Hex for 2 seconds.
|Soul Seeker||At 35% health (in Expert Mode)|
- Once defeated, enemies in the Abyss begin dropping Depth Cells and Lumenyl.
- Sulphurous Crates will contain Lumenyl, Depth Cells and Planty Mush.
- The Bandit will begin selling the Deep Wounder.
- The Floodtide will be obtainable via Fishing.
- If Plantera has not already been defeated, Vampires, Reapers and Psychos will begin dropping Solar Veils.
- For more elaborate strategies on defeating Calamitas Clone, including weapon and arena recommendations, see Guide:Calamitas Clone strategies.
- Making a large circle or oval around Calamitas Clone, and/or going up and down with the help of platforms will allow you to dodge many of her attacks and her brother's charges.
- Calamitas Clone's brothers can quickly overwhelm you especially on Revengeance or Death Mode, make sure to deal with them as quickly as possible; Adrenaline can be very helpful.
- Use a Rod of Discord to avoid the brothers when they spawn to avoid any unnecessary contact damage.
- While Calamitas Clone can be fought at the start of Hardmode, it is not recommended to fight her until at least all the Mechanical Bosses are defeated, as her high damage, along with her variety of attacks and minions can easily overwhelm an unprepared player.
- The theme of Calamitas Clone is Raw, Unfiltered Calamity, which was composed by the artist DM DOKURO.
- Prior to her current theme being introduced, her theme was a remix of the Boss 2 theme made by silentzorah.
- The song features motifs from previous bosses in the Calamity Mod:
- Guardian of the Former Seas / Outcast of the Sulphurous Seas (Desert Scourge / Aquatic Scourge) are remade into the song's introduction.
- Blood Coagulant (The Perforators) can be heard at 0:44, but is rarely acknowledged as it is very subtle in the song's background.
- Antarctic Reinforcement (Cryogen) plays at 1:01 into the song.
- [email protected]+!0N (Crabulon) plays at 1:23.
- Return to Slime (The Slime God) plays at 1:45.
- The Filthy Mind (The Hive Mind) plays at 2:06.
- Left Alone (Brimstone Elemental) plays at 2:28.
- If the Calamity Music add-on mod is disabled, Boss 2 will play instead.
- Calamitas is Latin for "disaster".
- The names of Calamitas Clone and her brothers all denote a kind of violent event or destruction, all of which start with the letter C (Calamitas, Catastrophe, and Cataclysm).
- Calamitas Clone can be summoned before any Hardmode boss is defeated, as her summoning item only requires Souls of Night and Essences of Havoc.
- The quote said by Calamitas Clone "Impressive child, most impressive" is likely a reference to Senator Armstrong from Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, who says the line "Impressive, Jack, most impressive".
- When first introduced, her original sprite was a recolor of Retinazer's second form.
- Calamitas Clone's status messages have the color #FFA500 ●.
- If the Boss Checklist Mod is installed, her unique despawn message will be "The clone spits a bit of blood in disappointment and vanishes."
- Calamitas Clone: "A mysterious burning form which only appears at night, wreathed in brimstone fire. It has a twisted mind and misplaced pride in its abilities."
- Cataclysm: "A shade of itself, the only actions it seems to know are to burn and kill."
- Catastrophe: "A violent, mindless construct. No good can come from raising the dead."
|These history sections are still a work-in-progress, and may not yet contain changes relevant to the current version of the Calamity Mod.