|"Abyss Polish Update"|
|Release date||April 2, 2018|
|← Previous||Next →|
|Version history • All patches|
The 1.3.1.001 update continued to polish the Abyss and Sulphurous Sea. It made a large amount of recipe changes to encourage going to the Abyss and buffed the Aquatic Scourge into a more proper boss fight. The update also came with some changes to The Devourer of Gods, some new Music, and resprites for Signus, Envoy of the Devourer and the Aerialite and Chaotic sets.
- Added Cosmic Plushie.
- Added Chibii Devourer.
- Added Blue Brick Wall Unsafe, Blue Slab Wall Unsafe, Blue Tiled Wall Unsafe, Green Brick Wall Unsafe, Green Slab Wall Unsafe, Green Tiled Wall Unsafe, Pink Brick Wall Unsafe, Pink Slab Wall Unsafe, and Pink Tiled Wall Unsafe.
- Added Wulfrum Axe and Wulfrum Hammer.
- Added Abyss Gravel (item).
- Added Trasher.
- Buffed health from 40,000 / 80,000 / 89,000 / 130,400 to 79,000 / 158,000 / 185,000 / 290,400 .
- Head now periodically vomits projectiles in a circular pattern.
- Sand teeth projectiles now last 7.5 seconds instead of 5, and have had their homing reduced.
- Sand blast projectiles now last 5 seconds instead of 2 and now create more dust.
- Now resists Crystal Serpent's split projectiles by 75%.
- Now uses Outcast of the Sulphurous Seas as its theme instead of Guardian of the Former Seas.
- Now becomes more aggressive at lower amounts of health.
- Increased laser speeds, but decreased how quickly they speed up.
- Buffed normal laser damage from 70 / 100 / 105 / 150 to 100 / 120 / 126 / 180 .
- Buffed rapid laser damage from 60 / 88 / 92 / 132 to 74 / 104 / 109 / 156 .
- Now fades in and out quicker.
- Sand blast projectiles now last 5 seconds instead of 2 and now create more dust.
- Increased speed in Revengeance Mode.
- Body segments now resist Crystal Serpent's split projectiles by 75%.
- Stat changes:
- Resistance changes:
- Both phases' heads and tails now take 1.25x damage from all sources instead of 1.4x.
- Removed phase 1's head and tail's damage taken based on health scaling.
- Phase 1's tail no longer takes 50% damage from Life Drain.
- All of phase 2's segments now take 50% damage from hits which deal over 50,000 damage instead of taking 25% damage from hits which deal over 100,000 damage, the formula also now accounts for critical hits.
- Body segments in both phases now take 50% damage from ranged projectiles when Vortex armor's stealth is active.
- Body segments in both phases now take 20% damage from infinitely piercing projectiles instead of 30.0000012%, and 70% damage from projectiles which pierce more than 3 times instead of 89.999997615814209%.
- Beam portal changes:
- No longer deals damage.
- Speed now scales with difficulty.
- No longer collides with tiles.
- Now follows the player.
- Decreased the speed multiplier for lasers spawned from beam portals.
- Behavior changes:
- Can now shoot short ranged flames which inflict several debuffs.
- Now remains invincible for slightly longer.
- Decreased speed for both phases during its blue phase, and increased it during its purple phase.
- Body segments in both phases can now be homed in on.
- Now drops Cosmic Plushie in Death Mode if using a Hardcore character.
- Buffed fists' base healths in Revengeance Mode from 100 to 4000 , and base damage from 105 to 190 .
- Fists in Revengeance Mode now attack slower.
- Now spawns less enemies.
- Now fades in and out quicker when teleporting.
- Now heals quicker when entering phase 2.
- Head and hand eyes in Revengeance Mode now get more aggressive at higher amounts of health.
- Now charges less frequently.
- Now hovers back and forth during all non-cocoon phases instead of hovering directly above the player in some of them.
- Now becomes invulnerable to damage when out of the Hallow or Underworld for more than 6 seconds until entering either biome again instead of instantly becoming invincible.
- Optimized the code for most of her projectiles.
- Holy Bombs now last 4.17 seconds instead of 8.
- Holy Bombs now shoot flares twice as often.
- Holy Fire projectiles now briefly home in on the player.
- Tweaked Holy Flare projectile's velocity.
- Holy Flare projectiles now last 10 seconds instead of 5 and now have an added extra update.
- Increased the spread of the Molten Globs created by Molten Blasts.
- Increased the y velocity of Molten Globs.
- Buffed healer guardian's health from 15,000 / 30,000 to 30,000 / 60,000
- Healer guardian no longer deals contact damage.
- Renamed to THE LORDE.
- The Siren now charges half as often.
- Optimized the code for the internal check for The Siren's spawning of The Leviathan.
- Reduced the speed of The Siren's water spears.
- Nerfed The Leviathan's defense from 45 to 40 and damage reduction from 60% to 50%.
- Decreased the size of The Leviathan's hitbox.
- The large slimes now fire mines more often.
- Brimstone Hearts now take 20% damage from infinitely piercing projectiles and 40% damage from projectiles which pierce more than once instead of 5% damage from infinitely piercing projectiles and 15% damage from projectiles which pierce more than once.
- Now takes 50% damage from Yharim's Crystal and Yharon's Kindle Staff.
- Aero Slimes now fly.
- Nerfed Aquatic Aberration's damage from 100 / 200 to 60 / 120 .
- Increased the height of Aquatic Seeker's head.
- Catfish now have a 25% chance to drop a Diving Helmet.
- Colossal Squid changes:
- Eidolon Wyrm changes:
- Gnasher now has knockback resistance.
- Mauler changes:
- Buffed health from 15,000 / 30,000 to 180,000 / 360,000 .
- Now has a custom roar.
- No longer drops the Angler if the Angler hasn't been saved.
- Lowered spawn rate.
- Nerfed Parasea's damage from 80 / 160 to 50 / 100 .
- Paraseas no longer naturally spawn.
- Reaper Shark changes:
- Sharks now have a 3% / 5% chance to drop a Shark Tooth Necklace.
- Decreased how quickly Soul Slurper's lasers speed up.
- Abyss Gravel can now be mined and collected.
- Ark of the Ancients now uses the rarity instead of .
- Briny Baron's razorwind blades now deal 50% base damage instead of 35%.
- Briny Baron's spouts now use a localNPCImmunity with a cooldown of 8 instead of 10.
- Buckets and Super Absorbant Sponges can no longer be used in the Abyss.
- Updated their tooltips to reflect this.
- Reduced the damage of Catastrophe Claymore's projectiles by 60%.
- Buffed Cosmic Bolter's damage from 50 to 60.
- Darklight Greatsword's main projectile now deals a flat 60% base damage instead of 60.0000024%.
- Reduced the damage of Darklight Greatsword's crystal projectile by 33%.
- Nerfed Empyrean Knives' damage from 1120 to 1000.
- Tweaked Exoblade's projectile's y velocity.
- Changed how Feather Knife's projectile draws.
- Buffed Flarefrost Blade's use time from 28 to 24, and shot speed from 9 to 11. Tweaked projectile's y velocity.
- Nerfed Flarewing Bow's damage from 25 to 22.
- Buffed Floodtide's damage from 52 to 89.
- Floodtide can now only be fished up at a 4% chance after defeating Plantera instead of a 6% chance during Hardmode.
- Nerfed Lionfish's damage when attached to a target by 50%.
- Buffed Mariana's damage from 55 to 70. Projectiles no longer create dust.
- Mortar Rounds and Rubber Mortar Rounds can no longer destroy Abyss Gravel and Abyss Gravel Walls.
- Buffed Plague Staff's damage from 70 to 78.
- Nerfed Soul Edge's damage from 570 to 250. Reduced the dust created by soul projectiles.
- Sun God Staff now uses the rarity instead of .
- Temporal Floe Sword no longer inflicts Chilled. Tweaked its dust.
- True Ark of the Ancients now uses the rarity instead of .
- Nerfed Valediction's damage from 330 to 290. Tweaked the amount of dust it creates.
- Nerfed Verium Bullet's damage from 11 to 9.
- Buffed Virulence's damage from 83 to 96.
- Holding a Yoyo now caps the player's melee speed at 125%.
- Zen Potions are now less effective in the Abyss.
- Abyss Blade now uses 15 Depth Cells, 10 Lumenyl, and 5 Tenebris in its recipe instead of 5 Cores of Eleum.
- Alluvion now uses 10 Depth Cells, 20 Lumenyl, and 5 Tenebris in its recipe.
- Aquatic Dissolution now uses 2 Bars of Life, 20 Lumenyl, 5 Tenebris, and 7 Uelibloom Bars in its recipe instead of 4 Bars of Life and 12 Uelibloom Bars.
- Barracuda Gun now uses 2 Shark Fins and 5 Tenebris in its recipe instead of 5 Shark Fins.
- Floodtide now uses 10 Depth Cells, 10 Lumenyl, 2 Shark Fins, and 5 Tenebris in its recipe instead of 5 Shark Fins.
- Mariana now uses 3 Coral, 10 Depth Cells, 10 Lumenyl, and 5 Tenebris in its recipe instead of 5 Coral.
- Megalodon now uses 10 Depth Cells, 10 Lumenyl, and 5 Tenebris in its recipe instead of 7 Cores of Eleum.
- Monsoon now uses 10 Depth Cells, 10 Lumenyl, 2 Shark Fins, 5 Tenebris, and 15 Vortex Fragments in its recipe instead of 5 Shark Fins and 20 Vortex Fragments.
- Neptune's Bounty now uses 15 Depth Cells, 15 Lumenyl, and 5 Tenebris in its recipe.
- Radar can now be crafted with 5 Any Iron Bars at an Anvil.
- SDFMG now uses 10 Depth Cells, 10 Lumenyl, and 5 Tenebris in its recipe.
- Seadragon now uses 15 Depth Cells, 15 Lumenyl, and 5 Tenebris in its recipe.
- Sun God Staff now uses 5 Essences of Cinder, 3 Souls of Fright, 3 Souls of Might, and 3 Souls of Sight in its recipe instead of 5 Cores of Cinder and 3 Desert Feathers.
- True Biome Blade now uses 10 Depth Cells, 10 Lumenyl, and 5 Tenebris in its recipe.
- The Abyss now uses Hadopelagic Pressure as its theme instead of R'LYEH.
- Smoothened Abyss and Sulphurous Sea generation.
- The Profaned Crag now uses The Step Below Hell as its theme.
- Chaotic Ore now generates Water.
- The Clothier now sells all 9 unsafe Dungeon Walls.
- Pots now have a custom look when broken in the Abyss or Sulphurous Sea.
- Sulphurous Sand now generates more Water.
- The Sulphurous Sea now uses wasteland as its theme.
- Simplified all liquid submersion code.
- Resprited Abyssal Amulet, Anechoic Coating, Chaos Amulet, Discordian Wings, Harpy Ring, and Skyline Wings.
- Resprited Demon Trophy.
- Resprited Aerospec Breastplate, Aerospec Hat, Aerospec Headgear, Aerospec Helm, Aerospec Helmet, Aerospec Hood, Aerospec Leggings, Ataxia Armor, Ataxia Headgear, Ataxia Helm, Ataxia Helmet, Ataxia Hood, Ataxia Mask, Ataxia Subligar, Auric Tesla Body Armor, Auric Tesla Cuisses, and Auric Tesla Helm.
- Resprited Air Spinner, Alpha Ray, Chaotrix, Cosmic Bolter, Cosmilamp, Crystalline, Energy Staff, Feather Knife, Flame Scythe, Forbidden Sun, Galeforce, Genisis, Goldplume Spear, Greatbow of Turmoil, Hellfire Flamberge, Helstorm, Phoenix Blade, Tradewinds, Wind Blade, and Wingman.
- Resprited Aerial Hamaxe, Chaoswarped Slashaxe, Flamebeak Hampick, and Skyfringe Pickaxe.
- Resprited Aerialite Bar, Aerialite Ore, Chaotic Bar, and Chaotic Ore.
- Resprited Aero Slime, Charred Slime, Cosmic Lantern, Gulper Eel, Perennial Slime, and Signus, Envoy of the Devourer.
- Resprited Signus, Envoy of the Devourer's map icon.
- Resprited Air Spinner yoyo, Chaotrix yoyo, Cosmic Lantern minion, Daedalus Crystal, Biofusillade Gamma Laser, Sun God Staff's Solar God Spirit, Sun Spirit Staff's Solar Spirit, and Aerospec armor's Valkyrie minion.
- Resprited Aerialite Ore's tile.
- Fixed the player not dying when at negative health in the Abyss.
- Fixed Ball O' Fugu's chain being rotated incorrectly.
- Fixed Giant Squids being able to move through walls.
- Fixed a sheeting error on the Gnasher.
- Fixed a bug where Nano Purge and T1000's projectiles would not have their damage scale with weapon damage.
- Fixed bug where the Perforator worms wouldn't spawn above a certain height during the Perforator fight.
- Removed the buffed variant of the Aquatic Aberration.