|Use time||22 Average|
|Tooltip||Fires the ghastly souls of long-deceased abyss dwellers|
|Inflicts Debuff||Crush Depth|
|Debuff duration||5 seconds (Contact)|
3 seconds (Large Soul)
2 seconds (Medium Soul)
1 second (Small Soul)
|Debuff tooltip||Crushed by aquatic pressure|
The Soul Edge is a post-Moon Lord broadsword that drops from Eidolon Wyrms after Polterghast is defeated, as well as from the Primordial Wyrm. The Soul Edge's projectiles inflict Crush Depth. When swinging the blade, 2-3 Phantom Spirits will be released and seek out nearby enemies. If no enemies are near they will hover around the player until an enemy gets in range.
Its best modifier is Legendary.
- 1.5.1.001: Now inflicts Crush Depth for 1, 2, 3, and 5 seconds from small soul, medium soul, large soul, and direct hits respectively instead of 10.
- Nerfed damage from 368 to 174.
- Soul projectiles now deal 100% base damage instead of 75%.
- 1.4.3.001: Swing now functions in PvP.
- 188.8.131.52: Projectiles are now briefly invisible upon spawning.
- Phantom spirit explosions now pierce infinitely and grant 10 local immunity frames.
- Improved the homing of homing souls, and increased the size of their explosions.
- 184.108.40.206: Souls now have afterimages.
- 220.127.116.11: Resprited.
- Buffed damage from 265 to 365.
- Fixed souls not following the player correctly.
- 1.3.3.001: Buffed damage from 250 to 265.
- Nerfed damage from 570 to 250.
- Reduced the dust created by soul projectiles.
- 1.3.0.001: Introduced.