|Type||Weapon – Crafting material|
|Knockback||2.5 (Very Weak)|
|Use time||11 Fast|
|Tooltip||Throws fast but brittle homing ice stars|
Stealth strikes last longer and spawn smaller homing stars on first hits
|Debuff duration||1 second (Ice stars)|
|Debuff tooltip||It's either really hot or really cold. Either way it REALLY hurts|
|Buy / Sell||5 / 1|
Ice Stars are Hardmode rogue weapons sold by the Archmage NPC. They are large throwing stars made of ice, which pierce 3 times and will fall after traveling a short distance. They are stackable and cannot be recovered after impacting the ground. Ice Stars also have slight homing abilities.
Performing a stealth strike with Ice Stars will cause the next star thrown to pierce infinitely for four seconds before disappearing, and release rings of 8 smaller ice stars on enemy hits. The smaller ice stars will not be released if 10 or more stars are already present.
The Ice Star cannot be reforged, and therefore cannot have modifiers.
- The homing ability of the weapon is extremely unreliable, as they will usually cause the projectile to fall quicker and not hit the enemy at all.
- The stars deal one-sixth of the weapon's base damage, sharply home-in onto enemies, go through tiles, deal typeless damage, and cannot deal critical hits.
- They can be used as an effective weapon against The Destroyer and the Aquatic Scourge as the slight homing can make them curve along the bosses' segments.
- Stars now move at double the speed but reduced lifespan from 4.67 seconds to 1.
- All stars now grant 30 effective local immunity frames instead of 9 exclusively for the stealth strike.
- Stars that spawn from the stealth strike can now only happen on the first hit instead of up to 15 stars at a time, but now deal 100% base damage instead of 12.5%.
- Stars no longer deal additional area of effect damage.
- 1.5.1.001: No longer considered an ice weapon.
- 1.5.0.001: Resprited.
- 1.4.4.002: Resprited.
- 1.4.4.001: Resprited.
- 1.4.3.002: Can no longer be crafted.
- Now has a stealth strike effect.
- Projectile now functions in PvP.
- 18.104.22.168: Decreased sell price from 6 to 1 20 .
- Buffed damage from 35 to 45.
- Now pierces 3 times instead of infinitely.
- Now has afterimages.
- 22.214.171.124: Changed its tooltip.
- 126.96.36.199: Resprited.
- 188.8.131.526: Increased thrown size.
- 1.1.5.0948: Resprited.
- 1.1.5: Introduced.