|Knockback||1 (Extremely Weak)|
|Use time||2 Insanely Fast|
|Tooltip||Fires a rapid barrage of accelerated lasers to annihilate foes|
'Developed to be used primarily by Yharim's fleet and base defense force.'
Current Charge: [CHARGE]
The Gatling Laser is a craftable Hardmode magic gun. When used, the gun has a short load period before a barrage of fast but inaccurate red lasers are fired at a massively rapid rate. The laser creates a tiny visual explosion on hit.
The weapon consumes 0.0075 units of charge for each frame the weapon is held (totaling 0.015 units of charge per use) and has a maximum charge of 135. As such, the weapon can be used continuously from full charge for 5 minutes.
Its best modifier is Mythical. However, the weapon's use time will not be affected.
The Gatling Laser cannot be crafted until the Encrypted Schematic from the Jungle Bio-center Lab is decrypted. If the requirement has not been met, two lines of tooltip are added at the bottom of the item:
You don't have sufficient knowledge to create this yet
The Jungle schematic must be deciphered first
|Infected Armor Plating||10|
- The Gatling Laser has a deceptively high mana cost due to its high fire rate, and will take enormous amounts of mana to fire continously. As such, the Astral Injection is a great tool to allow for sustained fire, without crippling the player's damage with the Mana Sickness debuff.
- The Gatling Laser is a reference to the weapon of the same name from the Fallout series, and uses the same firing sound effect.
- Nerfed damage from 50 to 43, but buffed mana cost from 6 to 4.
- Improved the visuals of its lasers.
- Fixed its firing sound not playing on the player.
- 2.0.2.001: No longer inflicts On Fire!.
- 2.0.1.002: Buffed damage from 43 to 50. However, it no longer deals explosion damage.
- 2.0.1.001: Now uses 10 Infected Armor Plating in its recipe instead of 5.
- No longer deals decreased damage based on enemy defense, and updated tooltip to reflect this.
- Now inflicts On Fire! for 1.5 seconds instead of 2.
- 1.5.0.001: Fixed an issue that caused it to lose its charge when reforged.
- 1.4.5.003: Depletion of charge is no longer random, it now consumes 0.0075 charge for every frame it is held out.
- Now obtainable.
- No longer consumes bullets, and now consumes mana.
- 1.4.4.001: Introduced, but unobtainable.