Influential Mod Creator
This item is dedicated to: Omnir
|Damage||100 True melee|
|Use time||9 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||An ancient blade forged by the legendary Omnir|
|Inflicts Debuff||Whispering Death|
|Debuff duration||5 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||Death approaches; attack power and life regen reduced|
The Omniblade is a craftable Hardmode melee weapon. Attacking with this weapon swings a 180° holdout projectile that swings over the player, similar to that of the Murasama, however, it cannot be controlled with the cursor. It has a fast autoswing rate and a considerable large slash area. It can inflict the Whispering Death debuff, which reduces the target's contact damage by 10%.
Its best modifier is Godly. It cannot get modifiers that affect size.
|Core of Calamity||2|
- The Omniblade is one of the three weapons capable of inflicting Whispering Death, making it a potentially useful asset for applying the debuff, before switching to a different weapon.
- Its immense base critical strike chance makes it easy for the right accesory or armor setup to bring it to 100%, effectively doubling its damage.
- 'Omnir' in the tooltip is a reference to Omnir, the creator of Omnir's mod, one of the first highly popular Terraria mods.
- Now uses 5 Life Alloys and 2 Cores of Calamity in its recipe instead of 20 and 10.
- Decreased sell price from 16 to 12 .
- 2.0.0.001: Nerfed use time from 10 to 12, but removed its melee swing speed nerf.
- Now receives an additional damage bonus that scales with the player's melee swing speed stat with a 1:4 ratio.
- Buffed damage from 63 to 100.
- Reworked, now uses a holdout projectile that slashes in front of the player.
- 1.4.5.001: Now only gains 25% of melee swing speed boosts.
- 1.4.3.001: Swing now functions in PvP.
- 126.96.36.199: Fixed hitbox.
- 188.8.131.52: Removed the word, "Points" from tooltip.
- 184.108.40.206: Resprited.
- 1.4.2.001: Nerfed damage from 84 to 63.
- 1.3.4.001: Nerfed use time from 7 to 10.
- Buffed damage from 80 to 84.
- Now uses Katana in its recipe.
- 1.3.2.001: Resprited.
- 1.2.3.008: Nerfed damage from 90 to 80.
- 1.2.0.001: Nerfed damage from 100 to 90.
- 220.127.116.111: Introduced.