The Enchanted Conch is a Pre-Hardmode summon weapon that is sold by the Sea King for 2 . It summons a Hermit Crab that runs on the ground or jumps around, dealing contact damage to enemies. If the player is far away, it will twirl around within its shell to catch up with them but won't be able to attack enemies directly.
Its best modifier is Ruthless. The Mythical modifier provides the widest array of stat bonuses, but these primarily affect the initial summon rather than the resulting minion. Additionally, minions cannot deal critical hits. The only lasting advantage a Mythical Enchanted Conch has over a Ruthless one is knockback.
- Due to the Hermit Crab's low jump height, it is not too effective against flying enemies.
- Unlike other minions, Hermit Crabs cannot be re-summoned unless they are summoned directly on an enemy, or until the buff is removed.
- Due to the Hermit Crab's lack of active flight and an inability to move through walls, it often fails to reach its target and gets constantly stuck in chasms.
- 2.0.2.001: Renamed from "Magical Conch" to "Enchanted Conch".
- 1.5.1.001: No longer considered a nature weapon.
- 1.4.4.003: Resprited it and buff.
- 1.4.3.001: Fixed minion not benefitting from increased all-class damage.
- 22.214.171.124: Now counted as a nature weapon.
- 126.96.36.199: Increased the speed of Hermit Crabs.
- 1.4.2.001: Introduced.