From Calamity Mod Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cosmic Plushie.png
Cosmic Plushie.png
Patreon Donator
This item is dedicated to: Man O' Breathe
  • Respiteblock.png
Stack digit 1.png
  • Pickaxe icon.png 0%
  • Hammer icon.png 0%
  • Axe icon.png 612%
Damage70 Melee
Knockback9 (Very Strong)
Critical chance4%
Use time20 Average
Tool speed10
TooltipA glistening white chainsaw that spews green and purple blood all over
Hitting enemies with the blade will heal you and deal immense damage
'It's Ok To Be Dangerous'
Inflicts DebuffBurning BloodBurning Blood
100% chance

Debuff duration8.33 seconds (Chainsaw)
3 seconds (Blood)
Debuff tooltipYour blood is on fire
RarityRarity Level: 10
Sell 20 Gold Coin.png
Research1 required
Projectile created
Respiteblock (projectile)

The Respiteblock is a craftable Hardmode chainsaw that is a direct upgrade to the Butcher's Chainsaw. When used, it rapidly fires gravity-affected green and purple blood that pierce infinitely and deal 40% of the weapon's damage. It has a default armor penetration of 15 and heals the player for 1-2 every hit. The chainsaw and blood inflict the Burning Blood debuff.

Its best modifier is Godly or Demonic. Both modifiers increase its average damage output by the same amount. Mechanical tools can only have universal prefixes, because they cannot have their speed modified.




  • It has a 75% chance to heal the player for 1 health and 25% chance to heal them for 2 health, averaging out at 1.25 health per hit.


  • This item has multiple references to Homestuck:
    • The name 'Respiteblock' is a term used in the series.
    • The numbers 612 in the axe power and 413 in the recipe are meme numbers in the series.
    • The sprite is a reference to the chainsaw belonging to Kanaya Maryam, who has jade-colored blood.
    • The purple blood is a reference to Eridan Ampora.
    • The specific color of green within the tooltip's flavor text is the same green that Kanaya uses in her typing. In addition, said tooltip's flavor text is written out using her Typing Quirk, which is having the first letter of each word be capitalized.


These history sections are still a work-in-progress, and may not yet contain changes relevant to the current version of the Calamity Mod.