|Type||Weapon – Crafting material|
|Knockback||8 (Very Strong)|
|Use time||21 Average|
|Tooltip||Throws a rolling barrel that explodes on wall collision|
Stealth strikes makes the barrel bounce twice before disappearing with varied effects after each bounce
'Some people used to jump over these'
|Debuff duration||4 seconds (Shrapnel)|
2 seconds (Flame)
|Debuff tooltip||Slowly losing life|
|Wall of Flesh||1||25% / 33.33%|
The Blast Barrel is a Hardmode bomb dropped by the Wall of Flesh. When thrown, it will roll across the ground and infinitely pierce enemies until it comes into contact with a wall. Upon colliding with a wall, it will explode into shrapnel and fire shards or bounce again then explode. Shrapnel and fire shards inflict the Hellfire debuff.
Performing a stealth strike with the Blast Barrel will cause the next barrel thrown to bounce off of walls 2 times before exploding on the third wall.
Its best modifier is Flawless.
- This weapon and its tooltip are a reference to the Donkey Kong game series, which frequently features explosive barrels that launch the player in certain directions, sometimes referred to as "Blast Barrels".
- 2.0.2.001: Now inflicts Hellfire instead of On Fire!.
- 1.5.1.001: No longer considered a fire weapon.
- 1.5.0.001: Increased barrel projectile velocity by 33%.
- 1.4.5.002: Fixed normal and stealth strikes being reversed.
- 1.4.5.001: Fire projectile now uses Totality Breakers' fire projectile instead of Molotov Cocktail's.
- Increased chance to spawn shrapnel from 25% to 33%.
- Molotov sparks now deal 75% base damage instead of 100%, last 5 seconds, and no longer infinitely pierce.
- Fixed a spelling error in tooltip.
- Shrapnel now functions in PvP.
- 184.108.40.206: Shrapnel no longer deals flat damage.
- 220.127.116.11: Now has a flavor tooltip.
- 18.104.22.168: Introduced.