|Polterghast||1||25% / 33.33%|
The Terror Blade is a post-Moon Lord broadsword that is dropped by Polterghast. On every swing, it fires a red terror beam that can bounce off tiles or pierce enemies a total of three times before exploding on the fourth impact. Large explosions will occur, on varying delays, at the locations that the beam bounced off of. An explosion also occurs at the first enemy the terror beam pierces. Each explosion deals 30% of the weapon's damage and can deal damage multiple times.
Its best modifier is Legendary.
- Its name may be a reference to the Terra Blade, another beam-firing sword.
- 2.0.2.001: Nerfed damage from 630 to 500 and projectile pierce from 6 to 3.
- Buffed damage from 350 to 630.
- Terror beam projectiles no longer explode while invisible and now grant 10 local immunity frames instead of 3.
- Terror Beam blast projectiles now deal 30% base damage.
- Beams can now only explode if they never hit anything.
- Projectiles are now briefly invisible upon spawning.
- Now has glowmasks.
- 18.104.22.168: Buffed damage from 250 to 350.
- 22.214.171.124: Beams now have afterimages.
- 126.96.36.199: Each beam can now only explode on enemies once.
- Nerfed damage from 262 to 250.
- Explosions now deal melee damage.
- 1.4.1.001: Nerfed damage from 330 to 262, and beams now explode when hitting enemies.
- 1.3.3.001: Resprited beam.
- 188.8.131.52: Buffed damage from 200 to 330.
- 1.2.1.005: Nerfed damage from 210 to 200.
- 1.2.1.004: Nerfed damage from 260 to 210.
- 1.2.1.001: Buffed damage from 220 to 260.
- 1.2.0.004: Resprited.
- 1.2.0.001: Introduced.