|Knockback||7.5 (Very Strong)|
|Use time||27 Slow|
|Tooltip||Summons brimstone geysers on hit|
Press Right Click to throw the sword like a javelin that explodes on hit
|Inflicts Debuff||Brimstone Flames|
|Debuff duration||5 seconds (Contact)|
3 seconds (Explosion, Thrown, Geyser)
|Debuff tooltip||Incinerating both body and mind|
The Brimstone Sword is a craftable Hardmode broadsword that autoswings. It inflicts the Brimstone Flames debuff and summons a small brimstone geyser when an enemy is hit with the blade. When using alternate fire, the sword is thrown in a manner similar to that of the Ichor Spear. The thrown sword can travel a long distance before being affected by gravity and pierces up to 4 times. On hitting an enemy, it will create a short lingering explosion that deals 50% of the weapon's damage.
Its best modifier is Legendary.
- Only the left-click attack receives true melee boosts.
- Due to the relative ease of crafting this sword, as well as how early it is obtainable, this weapon will remain a very powerful choice well into Hardmode.
- This item was previously known as the "Profaned Sword". This was likely changed in order to prevent any kind of unwanted connections with Providence, the Profaned Goddess.
- Nerfed damage from 100 to 70 and use time from 23 to 28.
- Javelins and geysers now pierce 4 times instead of infinitely, and explosions now pierce once instead of twice.
- Geysers inflict Brimstone Flames for 3 seconds instead of 2, and explosions inflict Brimstone Flames for 3 seconds instead of 4.
- Javelins now only spawn explosions on their first hit.
- Decreased the geyser's lifespan from 4 seconds to 2.
- The javelin now grants 10 local immunity frames.
- The geyser now grants -1 local immunity frames instead of setting global immunity frames to 7.
- Decreased sell price from 7 20 to 4 80 .
- 2.0.1.001: Now only receives 33% of melee swing speed boosts.
- 1.5.1.001: Explosion now inflicts Brimstone Flames for 4 seconds instead of 10.
- Buffed damage from 75 to 100 and direct hits and geyser projectiles now inflict Brimstone Flames for 5 seconds instead of 2.
- Geyser projectiles now deal 50% less damage if they critically hit.
- 1.4.5.005: Now has a 150% size modifier.
- Fixed it using the wrong projectile.
- 1.4.4.002: Buffed damage from 61 to 75.
- Fixed explosion not benefitting from increased all-class damage.
- Swing now functions in PvP.
- 22.214.171.124: Projectiles are now briefly invisible upon spawning.
- Tooltip now mentions that its effect occurs on hits in general instead of just enemy hits.
- Sword mode now creates explosions on hit.
- Left click now counts as true melee and sets NPC immunity frames to 6 instead of 8.
- Can now be right clicked to be thrown.
- Increased Brimstone Flames duration from 1.67 seconds to 2.
- 1.4.2.001: Geysers now deal melee damage.
- 126.96.36.199: Resprited.
- 1.3.3.011: Renamed from "Profaned Sword" to "Brimstone Sword".
- 1.3.0.001: Buffed damage from 55 to 61.
- 1.2.1.007: Resprited.
- 1.2.0.001: Nerfed damage from 62 to 55.
- 188.8.131.521: Explosions now set NPC immunity frames to 7.
- 1.1.7: Introduced.
|Infernal Suevite • Unholy Core • Furniture • Charred Idol|
Brimstone Sword • Brimstone Fury • Burning Sea • Brimrose Staff • Igneous Exaltation • Brimblade
Abaddon • Ruin Medallion