Halibut Cannon

From Calamity Mod Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cosmic Plushie.png
Cosmic Plushie.png
Late Youtuber
This item is dedicated to: TotalBiscuit/TotalHalibut
Halibut Cannon
  • Halibut Cannon.png
Stack digit 1.png
Damage50 Ranged
Knockback1 (Extremely Weak)
Critical chance4%
Use time20 Average
Tooltip'Yes, it's still overpowered'
RarityRarity Level: 16
Sell 40 Gold Coin.png
Research1 required
Dropped by
Primordial Wyrm1100%

The Halibut Cannon is a gun dropped from the Primordial Wyrm. It fires out between 25 and 35 bullets per shot that slowly spread out, while only consuming one unit of ammo.

Its best modifier is Unreal.


  • With the exception of God Slayer Slugs and Luminite Bullets, piercing bullets are not effective when using the Halibut Cannon as only one bullet will strike per salvo.
  • In the get fixed boi seed, its tooltip is changed to "No, it sucks now" and has an 80% chance to shoot nothing, and 20% chance to fire one bullet.


  • This weapon is a reference to the late game critic TotalBiscuit, previously known as TotalHalibut, as indicated by the presence of stereotypical British attire on the weapon's sprite.
  • Halibut is a typical name of fish from the family of right eyed flounders.
The Halibut Cannon being used on a Target Dummy.


These history sections are still a work-in-progress, and may not yet contain changes relevant to the current version of the Calamity Mod.
    • Now uses the Rarity Level: 16 rarity instead of Rarity Level: 10, increased sell price accordingly.
    • Resprited.
    • Buffed damage from 12 to 50.
    • Removed scaling damage.
    • Now only drops from the Adult Eidolon Wyrm.
    • Reworked damage scaling:
      • Now has a base damage of 12.
      • Damage now increases by 10% after defeating Plantera, 10% after defeating Golem, 20% after defeating Lunatic Cultist, 100% after defeating Moon Lord, 15% after defeating Providence, 30% after defeating Polterghast, 60% after defeating Devourer of Gods, and 100% after defeating Yharon.
      • These damage bonuses stack, so after defeating all the above bosses, the weapon would gain 355% extra damage.
    • Increased drop rate from normal Abyss enemies from 0.0001% to 0.001%, and drop rate from Abyss minibosses from 0.01% to 0.1%.
    • Changed tooltip from "This weapon is overpowered, use at the risk of ruining your playthrough" to "Becomes more powerful as you progress / (Yes, it's still overpowered)".
    • Reduced the drop rates for most enemies from 0.1% Revengeance Mode to 0.0001% Revengeance Mode.
    • Reduced the drop rates for minibosses from 1% Revengeance Mode to 0.01% Revengeance Mode.
    • Increased the drop rate for the adult Eidolon Wyrm from 10% Revengeance Mode to 100% Revengeance Mode.
    • Now has flavor text saying, "This weapon is overpowered, use at the risk of ruining your playthrough".
  • Buffed base damage from 3 to 6, damage in Hardmode from 6 to 12, and damage post-Moon Lord from 12 to 24.
  • Nerfed base damage from 6 to 3, damage in Hardmode from 12 to 6, and damage post-Moon Lord from 24 to 12.
    • Nerfed base damage from 10 to 6, damage in Hardmode from 20 to 12, and damage post-Moon Lord from 40 to 24.
    • Resprited.